Art auctions on cruise ships lead to anger and lawsuits

TWELVEOHONE

To clarify: it is actually Park West Gallery. (not Park East). I just go and sip the free champagne and marvel at what the auctioneer is saying....it's too funny!

They have been around a long time selling their "art".

My husband used to be in the art / art auction business. He knows the price of the "paper" in many cases. He knows the difference between a poster, a lithograph, a seriograph, an embellished piece, etc. We have bought quite a few things from Park West over the years.

When we purchased several pieces in January of this year, I had need to call their Customer Service people. They handled my problems politely and professionally and to our great satisfaction. YMMV

My husband used to be in the art / art auction business. He knows the price of the "paper" in many cases. He knows the difference between a poster, a lithograph, a seriograph, an embellished piece, etc. We have bought quite a few things from Park West over the years.

When we purchased several pieces in January of this year, I had need to call their Customer Service people. They handled my problems politely and professionally and to our great satisfaction. YMMV

Buyer Beware: The people who need to be careful are the ones that do NOT know the terminology and who are NOT (normally) art collectors.

Archived