No preview cruise out of New York on Oasis

Hi Everyone. Talked to my TA last night who had just talked to our local RCCL rep. She was told that There will be no preview cruise out of New York on Oasis due to the massive size of her. She also was told that she will always be in warm weather as her vegatation will not be able to survive in cooler climates. She did get me an Oasis of the Seas introduction book which has the same information Oasis site does but bigger pictures!

Hi Everyone. Talked to my TA last night who had just talked to our local RCCL rep. She was told that There will be no preview cruise out of New York on Oasis due to the massive size of her. She also was told that she will always be in warm weather as her vegatation will not be able to survive in cooler climates. She did get me an Oasis of the Seas introduction book which has the same information Oasis site does but bigger pictures!

Oasis can't get under the bridge, the Voyager / Freedom types clear with just a few feet clearance.

I was also told that they want the ship to be the destination and they are hoping that lots of people book B2B. Also she said that this ship is not going to be overpriced due to the economy and they want her to sail as close to full as possible!

Thanks. It's old news - see the sticky at the top of the page. :)

Oasis can't get under the bridge, the Voyager / Freedom types clear with just a few feet clearance.

Actually, the stack is telescoping and can be lowered to go under the bridge. See the sticky at the top of the page. :D

Say what? I don't understand.

LL

All the "celebrations" for the Independence were done in Europe, ...and, as far as I know, no American Cruisers invited.... in prior new launchings... there were "pre-cruises" out of Europe and then came to the North East for pre-cruises and celebrations and then to final port, for even more parties.... and then the first revenue cruise.....

Well..... there was noting done for "us" with the Independence, maybe a new trend:o

That was because the Independence HomePort is Southampton England.

There were folks from over the pond at her Pre-Inaugural/Naming Ceremony,the prize winners from the Name the Ship contest were flown over :D

There were folks from over the pond at her Pre-Inaugural/Naming Ceremony,the prize winners from the Name the Ship contest were flown over :D

That's right... forgot about the winners being from "over here":D

You betcha ....we were there and what an experience it was! :) There were other Americans on board too. Though admittedly there weren't many. I chatted with a group from California while in the whirlpool. I think they were somehow related to Ken Rush, the Cruise Director. :)

Archived