Miami in the Rain

Help

So we leave for Miami tomorrow and were suppose to do a boat tour (not thru RCI) but forecast is for storms. Is there anything fun to do in the Biscayne Bay area that is not outside related?

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=miami%2C+florida

If your boat tour is in the morning... might be okay.... so far the storms have been around noon... at least in the bay/downtown area.

Lots to do.... what do you like to do? Shopping? Do you have a car? Do you have kids with you? Add this info and I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions.... good luck... and "welcome" hope you have a great time....

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=miami%2C+florida

If your boat tour is in the morning... might be okay.... so far the storms have been around noon... at least in the bay/downtown area.

Lots to do.... what do you like to do? Shopping? Do you have a car? Do you have kids with you? Add this info and I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions.... good luck... and "welcome" hope you have a great time....

Our flight is due in around noon and our boat tour was set for 3:00. It will be myself, DH and DD (15) we are a little shopped out getting ready for the cruise! LOL. Are there any museums or perhaps a movie theater in the area? (we will not have a car)

Both suggestions made by alphakitty are great.... and close to each other, there is also public transportation called the "metro rail"... but if you are not familiar with the area, you might not be comfortable doing that... they are also in the "direction" of Coconut Grove (CocoWalk would be what you tell the cab driver).. so if you wanted you could add a movie there.... here is a site you might find interesting....

http://miami.citysearch.com/find/section/miami/movies.html/?brand=smx_section

You can check out movies and other activities. If you are staying near the port a cab ride to Miami Beach where there is a theater on the corner of Alton Road and Lincoln Road.... my dh took the theater section of the paper this morning.... so can't give you what is playing... but check with the link above.....

Both suggestions made by alphakitty are great.... and close to each other, there is also public transportation called the "metro rail"... but if you are not familiar with the area, you might not be comfortable doing that... they are also in the "direction" of Coconut Grove (CocoWalk would be what you tell the cab driver).. so if you wanted you could add a movie there.... here is a site you might find interesting....

http://miami.citysearch.com/find/sec...nd=smx_section

You can check out movies and other activities. If you are staying near the port a cab ride to Miami Beach where there is a theater on the corner of Alton Road and Lincoln Road.... my dh took the theater section of the paper this morning.... so can't give you what is playing... but check with the link above.....

Thanks for all the info I think we will try the metro! Definately will head out to CocoWalk!

Thank you the vizcaya looks cool. I think that might just do the trick

Definitely do Vizcaya. It is very nice. President Reagan hosted the Pope there for a famous summit in the 80's and most recently the King of Spain dined there a few years ago.

FYI: the weather is expected to dramatically improve starting today and into the weekend. Don't worry too much about the rain.

Nancy, go to our roll call, I put my email there shoot me one offline and I'll be happy to give you all the advice you need.

Archived