Tranopy / Zip-line, Bobsled

Raceroc

We are cruising on the RCCL LOS in May. Right now we are booked for the Chukka zipline tour. I'm wondering if Mystic Mountain might be a better option? RCCL only has the bobsled part right now in a 3hr tour. Would we have enough time to add the zipline part on our own? Should we buy tickets online, or are they always available there? Do you think it is a better or worse zipline experience than the Chukka? Anyone done both?

We are cruising on the RCCL LOS in May. Right now we are booked for the Chukka zipline tour. I'm wondering if Mystic Mountain might be a better option? RCCL only has the bobsled part right now in a 3hr tour. Would we have enough time to add the zipline part on our own? Should we buy tickets online, or are they always available there? Do you think it is a better or worse zipline experience than the Chukka? Anyone done both?

I didn't pay attention to the time, but my DH says we were at the park for 3.5 hours, the zip line took @1.5 hrs, chair lift @15 min each way. You have to go up the chair lift to get to the bobsled, or tranopy and then back down the mountain to leave the park.

It wasn't crowded, we had @12 in our group (if I remember correctly).

You should have enough tme. I can't comment on the other zip line opportunity though-at Chukka. Sorry. Hopefully someone will be more helpful. We picked this one because it's new and had more to offer at the park- I thought.

Whatever you do, you'll have fun, I'm sure!

ok Just to make sure I'm understanding you - if we book the bobsled thru the ship - Ruby in 11 days - whoo hoo!!! We will be able to add the zipline when we get there - right ?. Only some of my family want to do the zipline but everyone wants to do the bobsled. Princess doesn't offer the tranopy but does offer the bobsled and/or chairlift.

If you could remember approximately what it cost to add on the zipline and how much extra bobsled rides were it would be fab!

Princess has taken the excursions off of their cruise personilizer - I guess its getting too close to the cruise - so I will book as soon as we get onboard as long as this will work for us.

Thank you again for reporting back - glad to hear you had a great time.

Sammom

ok Just to make sure I'm understanding you - if we book the bobsled thru the ship - Ruby in 11 days - whoo hoo!!! We will be able to add the zipline when we get there - right ?. Only some of my family want to do the zipline but everyone wants to do the bobsled. Princess doesn't offer the tranopy but does offer the bobsled and/or chairlift.

If you could remember approximately what it cost to add on the zipline and how much extra bobsled rides were it would be fab!

Princess has taken the excursions off of their cruise personilizer - I guess its getting too close to the cruise - so I will book as soon as we get onboard as long as this will work for us.

Thank you again for reporting back - glad to hear you had a great time.

Sammom

You should have plenty of time, yes you are able to purchase your tickets at the park, near the gift shop, after you ride the chair lift up.

We think we remember the posted price at the park was $65 for the zip line. I hope that's right...

You should be able to google it for exact prices though. Let me know if you need me to do that, I'd be glad to help!

Hope this helps. Come back and report about your trip! I love to read everyone's fun!

As for me, I don't want to be back- blah! We had a great time. This was my favorite part of the trip. We also para-sailed in Cozumel, did a Sting Ray, Turtle Farm, and "hell" tour in Grand Caymen. Jaimaca was the most fun!

Enjoy!

I really appreciate the info - this is our first cruise and we are sooooooo excited. We will be doing the rays reef and rum point tour in Grand Cayman - did you like the sting rays? I'm traveling with myself, DH,DD17, DD16,DS11 and DNiece15 and the idea of the stingrays makes them a little nervous - should be interesting.Also doing the dolphin swim and ride in Cozumel.

I intend to LOVE EVERYTHING about our trip.

I am already planning to become a cruise addict:D

Sammom

I really appreciate the info - this is our first cruise and we are sooooooo excited. We will be doing the rays reef and rum point tour in Grand Cayman - did you like the sting rays? I'm traveling with myself, DH,DD17, DD16,DS11 and DNiece15 and the idea of the stingrays makes them a little nervous - should be interesting.Also doing the dolphin swim and ride in Cozumel.

Sammom

I'm glad I visited, played with the sing rays, I've heard this is the best. However, I didn't think it was "all that". We had big wave swells, making it hard to stand. At first it seemed a bit freaky, these huge rays coming up and rubbing against your legs. But yeah, it's a pretty neat experience. We snorkled with nurse sharks and sting rays once in Belieze, although much deeper water. So, I didn't think this would be a "fresh experience" for us. Grand Caymen just didn't have alot of excursions to offer, I'm glad we did this, but will try something new next time. Hopefully your group will be glad they tried this. We saw many stay on the boat and watch , so that's an option too, I'm sure. It was better when our guides got out the food. I expected more rays, at first they tried to swim past us/avoid us. But when the food came out they were more interested in us. I just didn't want to "fall" on one, I was trying to be careful to stay away from their tail. They are very soft, gentle creatures. It was an experience, not sure why I felt just a bit disappointed. I can't really say.... But I'm glad we did this, for sure!

Sammom

By the way, we had a "Dolphin Encounter" twice in 2000. So far that has been the BEST two choices ever, even though back then we didn't know you could go independently of the ship and do a "swim" with them. That would have been the ultimate BEST. I want to go back and do this again. I just love dolphins. And this will probably be the best memory for you all. I'm so jealous!!!!!!

We "encountered" dolphins in Cozumel (the Chak. park) and Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan. Roatan was the better one at that time, but I do believe the Cozumel park is better now. I want to go back!

Enjoy, and take a water proof camera!

I'm sorry your ship doesn't offer the tranopy alone from Mo Bay. I can't advise, I'm sorry. Hopefully someone will be able to help. Start a new thread to get some advice! That stinks, hope you can do that though. I'm guessing you wouldn't have much time at the tranopy if the ship goes to Dunn's River too. There just isn't enough time to do much of both, it would seem.

Hi Desiree and others who have been to Mystic Mountain, I was wondering if you could answer my questions about the skylift as we want to go there too on a couple of weeks!

We are thinking of booking through Carnival - but they do not seem to have the option online. We will check on the ship - but if it's unavailable we were thinking about making our own way to Mystic Mountain.

My questions:

1) Is it easy and safe to get a JUTA taxi from the port to MM?

We could get a guide to take us, but it seems a bit silly as I understand it's only a 5 min drive from Ocho Rios and we don't really needa guide when we get there.

2) Is the pool area crowded? What is the food like, did you have lunch there?

3) Can you purchase tickets on the door ... did you notice at all? Or do they need to be pre-booked.

4) Are there taxis waiting outside to take you back to port?

Thank you!!! :)

Hi Desiree and others who have been to Mystic Mountain, I was wondering if you could answer my questions about the skylift as we want to go there too on a couple of weeks!

We are thinking of booking through Carnival - but they do not seem to have the option online. We will check on the ship - but if it's unavailable we were thinking about making our own way to Mystic Mountain.

My questions:

1) Is it easy and safe to get a JUTA taxi from the port to MM?

We could get a guide to take us, but it seems a bit silly as I understand it's only a 5 min drive from Ocho Rios and we don't really needa guide when we get there.

2) Is the pool area crowded? What is the food like, did you have lunch there?

3) Can you purchase tickets on the door ... did you notice at all? Or do they need to be pre-booked.

4) Are there taxis waiting outside to take you back to port?

Thank you!!! :)

If you dock in Ocho Rios, it should be very easy to get a taxi and tell them when to pick you up. No, we didn't see any taxi's there, though.

I would try to contact the park and ask if they could pick you up at the pier.

It wasn't crowded, I think it is too new and too expensive. Crowd shouldn't be a problem.

We enjoyed our lunch. My husband had the hamburger, I had the spring roll with fish, we had rum cake for desert, and a soft drink. I thought the hamburger was best, very flavorful. I think there were only two selctions for lunch, but I could be wrong. Everything was included in our excursion with Carnvial, but you can pay as you go (purchase tickets).

Hope this helps, wish we were going again soon!!!! I'd rather be in Jamaica today-LOL

We just returned from Jamaica. I booked the tour thru Carnival--no, it's not available online but you can book it when you get there. Our excursion included the Falls and Mystic Mt. At Mystic Mt. we rode the "chairlift" up the mt. and took the bobsled down. There isn't much of a pool there. The bobsled was great and the chairlift up started out pretty well. It's about a 10 minute ride to the top and a storm started coming thru pretty fast. Just as we were about to reach the top, the chairlift broke down. We were stuck on it for about 45 minutes which wouldn't have been bad if the weather was nice. However, the thunderstorm hit and we got drenched. Needless to say, once we finally got off we were cold, wet, and miserable. The employees were first rate. They were waiting with towels and tee shirts from their gift shop and supplied us with coffee. They also took down our names and cabin numbers so that we were given a complete refund.

I was told that this was the first time this has happened since they opened this summer. Even though it wasn't the greatest time for us, I would still recommend it. It does make for a great story. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Prices at the entrance PLEASE!!! We would like to know if you get more bang for your buck going independent or thru ship... Thanks!

Just returning from a week on The Ruby. Had to hurry & post about our experience at Mystic Mountain. It was awesome. We did the ship's tour which included: Shuttle to & from, chairlift up the mountain, bobsled, & zipline. It was $119.00 each.

I actually took a picture of the rates at Mystic Mountain, the bob sled & zipline were actually more then the ship at $124.00 & you would have had to gotten your own transportaion there.

We got to Mystic Mountain & there were no crowds, went right up the chairlift. We did the bob sled first (then did it again). You can do 2 rides for 20.00 (does not have to be same person) or 5 rides for 40.00.

Next we did the Zipline & our guides were O'Bryan & Henry. They were awesome !!!! We finished with them & I was so excited about how much fun we had & they were that I forgot to take their picture.

I'll try to post some other photos later today or tomorrow. In the mean time please ask any questions you may have.

Hard to see prices so here they are, these are at Mystic Mountain getting there on your own (ship is actually less if you can believe it)

Chairlift/Bobsled 62.00

Chairlift/Zipline 104.00

Chairlift, bob sled & zip: 124.00

Ship was 118.00 for all.

Pool was included once you are up there but it was a bit too cloudy for us that day.

Gracie,

thanks for your report...

dh & i are doing this in a couple of weeks. we did the zip line in mobay before. we are excited and loved the zip line so much so now we will try it in ocho rios.

we'll post a report when done too.

thanks again!

This one only does 5 lines which was the only bad part. We just did the Pirate Extreme in Hondorus so this one was pretty calm in comparision. You may want to see if you have time to do the other one then just go to Mystic for The Bob Sled. We were on the mountain, back & sitting in Margaritaville by 12:30. Mystic Mountain was only about 5 minutes from the ship. We did the other zipline offered 2 years ago. It had a few more lines but it was farther away & not as clean as the one on Mystic Mountain. You walk on walk-ways at Mystic Mountain where as the other place was a dirt path. Starts with a C can't remember how to spell it LOL

I believe that's what it was but we were at Ocho Rios. It was about a 30 minute drive from where the ships dock. After the zipline, we stopped at their location where they also have ATV's & a gigt shop. This is also where we viewed the pictures.

You won't be disappointed with the 5 lines when it's in additon to the Bob Sled. We did it singles, two together & they seemed to go the fastest with two together & the heaviest person in the front. Make sure to take hats off. We had on visors & lost them going down. When we got to the top & knew we lost them right after the picture flash the guy went & found them. Since it was two visors & mine was my fav. I tipped him $10.00. He gave us a huge smile & looked happy to have it. Contrary to many of the things I have read about Jamaica I have experienced just the opposite. Never an offer to sell drugs or anymore pushy then anyplace else. We stopped at the Taj-Ma-Hal to shop afterwards & I think it's the better of the two centers. I had owners trying to barter (which I enjoy doing too) not once where they anymore pushy then anyplace else where bartering goes on.

Archived