Tranopy / Zip-line, Bobsled

Raceroc

Can get the transpo, aerial tram, bobsled ticket from RC for 62, but they don't offer the zipline.

Can I just purchase zipline by itself at MM and if so, for how much?

Here are the prices from post #69. They are pics. near that post as well.

Hard to see prices so here they are, these are at Mystic Mountain getting there on your own (ship is actually less if you can believe it)

Chairlift/Bobsled 62.00

Chairlift/Zipline 104.00

Chairlift, bob sled & zip: 124.00

Ship was 118.00 for all.

Pool was included once you are up there but it was a bit too cloudy for us that day.

The zipline added is $65.00

thankyou! I didn't see the zipline added line before...... too much research on my eyes I bet! :)

You're eyes weren't failing, I didn't list the ala-carte zipline. It was on the picture I took of the prices when you go in but I didn't think to put that on there.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so DH & I did the tranopy. We loved it! This sky lift chair thingy (whatever they call it) is a ski lift chair in the jungle....it is a beautiful ride up to the top and down. with the tranopy here's how it goes, booked through the ship;

in the terminal at port, meet with guide, walk out to busses lined up. drive not even 5 minutes from port to Mystic Mountain. Board the ski lift chair for the 15 minute ride (i think that's what they said it took) I didn't personally time it. The views are awesome. The only negative thing, is you are right next to the road where you can hear cars. If the road was not there, it would have been perfect.

Definetely bring your camera! You can seat 4 to a chair, or you can choose to ride as a couple alone. ONce you get to the top, you hop off, and then choose what to do next. You can walk around and read about some history of Jamaica, pirates, the bobsled team, other atheletes etc. Then you choose whether you want to bobsled first and then zip. Your choice. You are given a bracelet at the beginning which gives you unlimited rides on the chair lift, and one bobsled ride and one canopy zip line tour.

we had an early tour. we walked around and enjoyed the views. You can view the ship from the 3rd story observation tower and take some great pics here.

Dh & I took pics then rode the bobsled. It was fun, but I wish it was longer. You can choose to hook 2 bobsleds together. only one person per bobsled however. I wish we would have hooked ours together and then we could have purchased one pic with both of us in it. (they also take your pic on the ski lift chair thingy) you have to constantly lean forward in the bobsled, pressing the arms forward. If you release, then you engage the brakes (which you DO NOT WANT TO DO). It was a bit uncomfortable for me...i'm very short.

We did the zip lines next. Our guides were great and it was beautiful. No where near as fantastic as the zip line canopy tour we had in montego bay out of chukka park, but we certainly enjoyed it.

After we did the zip, (i think 5 lines) we rode down and just told the workers at the end we wanted to ride back up. so back up we went and had lunch at the resturant on top where the gift shop and observation deck is. The food was good, but pricey. DH had small jerk chicken and veggies and a red stripe beer. I had the fettucinni alfredo w/ chicken. It was FABULOUS! and a coke...(actually may have been pepsi) it was $50! our waitress was very friendly and helpful and very pregnant.

there is a slide and a pool on top. It looked like alot of fun. The kids were playing in it. It was very windy and we chose not to get in.

We spent almost the entire day here. It was very pretty and I took lots of pics. The shuttle busses are waiting for you as soon as you get down and you choose one "back to the ship" or "shopping". We chose the shopping. We had about an hour and a half.

I personally love Jamaica. I think it is the prettiest of the islands we visit. I know it has a bad rep but just pulling into port it's so beautiful!

We enjoyed this excursion!

any questions?

ok, so DH & I did the tranopy. We loved it! This sky lift chair thingy (whatever they call it) is a ski lift chair in the jungle....it is a beautiful ride up to the top and down. with the tranopy here's how it goes, booked through the ship;

in the terminal at port, meet with guide, walk out to busses lined up. drive not even 5 minutes from port to Mystic Mountain. Board the ski lift chair for the 15 minute ride (i think that's what they said it took) I didn't personally time it. The views are awesome. The only negative thing, is you are right next to the road where you can hear cars. If the road was not there, it would have been perfect.

Definetely bring your camera! You can seat 4 to a chair, or you can choose to ride as a couple alone. ONce you get to the top, you hop off, and then choose what to do next. You can walk around and read about some history of Jamaica, pirates, the bobsled team, other atheletes etc. Then you choose whether you want to bobsled first and then zip. Your choice. You are given a bracelet at the beginning which gives you unlimited rides on the chair lift, and one bobsled ride and one canopy zip line tour.

we had an early tour. we walked around and enjoyed the views. You can view the ship from the 3rd story observation tower and take some great pics here.

Dh & I took pics then rode the bobsled. It was fun, but I wish it was longer. You can choose to hook 2 bobsleds together. only one person per bobsled however. I wish we would have hooked ours together and then we could have purchased one pic with both of us in it. (they also take your pic on the ski lift chair thingy) you have to constantly lean forward in the bobsled, pressing the arms forward. If you release, then you engage the brakes (which you DO NOT WANT TO DO). It was a bit uncomfortable for me...i'm very short.

We did the zip lines next. Our guides were great and it was beautiful. No where near as fantastic as the zip line canopy tour we had in montego bay out of chukka park, but we certainly enjoyed it.

After we did the zip, (i think 5 lines) we rode down and just told the workers at the end we wanted to ride back up. so back up we went and had lunch at the resturant on top where the gift shop and observation deck is. The food was good, but pricey. DH had small jerk chicken and veggies and a red stripe beer. I had the fettucinni alfredo w/ chicken. It was FABULOUS! and a coke...(actually may have been pepsi) it was $50! our waitress was very friendly and helpful and very pregnant.

there is a slide and a pool on top. It looked like alot of fun. The kids were playing in it. It was very windy and we chose not to get in.

We spent almost the entire day here. It was very pretty and I took lots of pics. The shuttle busses are waiting for you as soon as you get down and you choose one "back to the ship" or "shopping". We chose the shopping. We had about an hour and a half.

I personally love Jamaica. I think it is the prettiest of the islands we visit. I know it has a bad rep but just pulling into port it's so beautiful!

We enjoyed this excursion!

any questions?

:p Thanks so much for the review! I'm planning on booking this excursion for me and the hubby. Carnival has this excursion time listed from 8am-12pm. Since you went shopping afterwards, do you think there's enough time for us to go to one of the beaches and chill out? Do the buses drop you off near one of the beaches?

Can someone tell me a bit more about the bobsled, the rest of my family wants to do this, hubby and 2 kids 10 and 8. My thing is I dont like big amusement park rides and I am scared it will be too fast - will it be okay?

You control the speed so you can go down wide open or use the hand brakes to ease down.

• 2 weeks later...

Four of us are traveling next week on the Carnival Liberty and I have a few questions about MM. We would like to do the bobsled and of course, the sky explorer. I have read many posts and checked the website. It seems that everyone says it is cheaper to go through the cruiseline. But wouldn't it be cheaper to book the tram with Carnival at $39 each, and then buy 5 Bobsled rides for $40 once we are there? Can you do this or is there some catch I am unaware of? Do you have to buy a Bobsled ride at $20 before you can buy additional rides at 5/$40? I think this would save us $40, plus someone would get an extra ride!

We are also wondering if we would be better time-wise to go on our own even though it would cost us a bit more and we would have to pay for a taxi? Carnival doesn't have the excursion leaving until 9:15 and we could be off the ship at 8:00 or so if we were on our own. Also, we wouldn't arrive with a crowd of 30 or more! What do you think?

After MM, we would like to go to Dunn's falls and I think it will be easy to catch a shuttle or taxi. Is that true or am I overly optimistic?

I look forward to your reply!

Four of us are traveling next week on the Carnival Liberty and I have a few questions about MM. We would like to do the bobsled and of course, the sky explorer. I have read many posts and checked the website. It seems that everyone says it is cheaper to go through the cruiseline. But wouldn't it be cheaper to book the tram with Carnival at $39 each, and then buy 5 Bobsled rides for $40 once we are there? Can you do this or is there some catch I am unaware of? Do you have to buy a Bobsled ride at $20 before you can buy additional rides at 5/$40? I think this would save us $40, plus someone would get an extra ride!

We are also wondering if we would be better time-wise to go on our own even though it would cost us a bit more and we would have to pay for a taxi? Carnival doesn't have the excursion leaving until 9:15 and we could be off the ship at 8:00 or so if we were on our own. Also, we wouldn't arrive with a crowd of 30 or more! What do you think?

After MM, we would like to go to Dunn's falls and I think it will be easy to catch a shuttle or taxi. Is that true or am I overly optimistic?

We personally had no problem with crowds taking the ships transportation. It was in fact one of the fastest loading cruise excursions I have ever taken. When you get off & walk down the pier you have to go toward the right into another building you then have guides that look at your ticket & send you to a bus. So you may be able to just go ahead & get on an earlier shuttle. Coming back they do wait till a shuttle fills but it was only about 15 minutes. MM is literally 5 minutes from the pier.

As far as buying the bob sleds when you get there..............not really sure if you can do it that way. The price list for those is where you view the pictures after your first ride down. It does say something to the effect of "additional" rides. To me this reads that you only get that price after you first regular priced ride. You can mix the rides up between people once you purchase the extra rides.

I would advise for pictures sake to link together for at least one trip down. They did tell us they went a little faster that way & we felt like they went faster with the heaviest person in the front.

The zipline is good as well. It's a bit milder then some of the others we've been on.

We are on Princess next week and planning to do what you described. We just purchased the chairlift with the cruiseline because the other tours seemed more scheduled. We have 5 in our group and we all want to do something different at MM. I was thinking we may need to take the cruise's shuttle back to the port and then catch a shuttle/taxi to DRF. It may be overly optomistic, but I guess if we run short on time we'll skip the falls. I know my husband really wants to do the falls, so we will most likely stay on a schedule that lets us do that. I think everything is pretty close together from what I've read.

We are on Princess next week and planning to do what you described. We just purchased the chairlift with the cruiseline because the other tours seemed more scheduled. We have 5 in our group and we all want to do something different at MM. I was thinking we may need to take the cruise's shuttle back to the port and then catch a shuttle/taxi to DRF. It may be overly optomistic, but I guess if we run short on time we'll skip the falls. I know my husband really wants to do the falls, so we will most likely stay on a schedule that lets us do that. I think everything is pretty close together from what I've read.

I did also see taxis waiting where the return shuttles are if not the info. window is right by there, they could probably call one for you. That way you wouldn't have to go back to the ship & start all over again. We purchased the Bob Sled & zipline from the ship. Once we got there you were on your own to do as you wish, it wasn't schedueled at all. This has been one of the few excursions I can honestly say where it still felt like we used a private vendor. We didn't feel like cow be herded at all.

I did also see taxis waiting where the return shuttles are if not the info. window is right by there, they could probably call one for you. That way you wouldn't have to go back to the ship & start all over again. We purchased the Bob Sled & zipline from the ship. Once we got there you were on your own to do as you wish, it wasn't schedueled at all. This has been one of the few excursions I can honestly say where it still felt like we used a private vendor. We didn't feel like cow be herded at all.

On the Princess excursions, the ones that included the bobsled or zipline seemed to have fixed times and the one that was just the chairlift said the time varies. Since we want to do the falls too, we just thought it seemed easiest. Thanks for the taxi info. It could save us time.

Do you remember if you can use credit cards to pay for add ons at MM, or do we need to use cash? I don't want to be short handed. I did do a search of this thread and nothing came up.

I am still hopeful we can buy the bobsled rides 5/$40. But if not, we will be prepared to spring for the $20 each! There was an earlier post in this thread that said they purchased the bobsled after they got there for 2/$20 so we'll just have to see what happens! Thanks for discussing the options.

I am still hopeful we can buy the bobsled rides 5/$40. But if not, we will be prepared to spring for the $20 each! There was an earlier post in this thread that said they purchased the bobsled after they got there for 2/$20 so we'll just have to see what happens! Thanks for discussing the options.

Yes, but that was after they purchased the first ride. If you want to try it don't inquire at the ticket booth before you get on the chairlift, wait till you get to the top of MM. Go into the gift shop to the left & back. This is where people view the pics when they get off & also where they sold the additional rides. I guess the worse thing they can tell you is that's the price for additional rides only after you've done the first.

Chriscruise: yes they accepted credit cards because we did to purchase our picture.

how many minutes is the bob sled ride?

It was about 7 minutes in all. Here is a youtube post that someone did early on this thread, it will give you a good idea. Once it gets to the bottom you then are inclined to the top.

Thanks so when people say the ride is short it isn't like 1 minute. Good!

Can you buy the bobsledding at the top because RCC says you have to be 12. How old does Mystic Mountain require you to be?

I just looked at the picture I took of the prices & it does not show a min. How old is your son?

I have searched these boards, for endless hours and now someone in our group has asked me to check out other excursions. So here it is.... Can I get a taxi and go to Mystic Mountain and purchase individual tickets for ziplining? And if so, how much for the ziplining tickets? I know I can purchase 5 tickets for $40 for the bobsled ride. Then from there take a Taxi to DRF's and go thru the falls and Taxi back to Pier. I will be on a Carnival ship. I know Taxi is not much pp. Please help!!!

I have searched these boards, for endless hours and now someone in our group has asked me to check out other excursions. So here it is.... Can I get a taxi and go to Mystic Mountain and purchase individual tickets for ziplining? And if so, how much for the ziplining tickets? I know I can purchase 5 tickets for $40 for the bobsled ride. Then from there take a Taxi to DRF's and go thru the falls and Taxi back to Pier. I will be on a Carnival ship. I know Taxi is not much pp. Please help!!!

Yes you can but this is one of the few excursions where the ship is cheaper. I'm going to re-post the prices from the picture I took. The glare is kind of bad to read it on a post.

Sky Explorer (chair lift) 42.00

" " w/Bobsled 62.00

Sky Exp. W/Zipline 104.00

Tranopy 124.00

Bob Sled 1 extra ride 20.00

" " 3 extra rides 20.00 (specila at the time I was there)

' " 5 rides 40.00

Zipline 65.00

Bobsled 2 ride applies after Bobsled 1 ride, bobsled Jamaica Zipline or Tranopy Package.

Bobsled Family Package 5 rides does not require Bobsled 1 ride or Any Package Purchase.

Also on the prices says Ask about our Summer Promotional Kids Prices

There is also a little sign I just noticed that says children must be as tall as this sign to ride bobsled. I am guessing here at about 48 inches.

We purchased the bobsled/zipline through the ship which included the chairlift for less then the tranopy waiting till you get there. Plus we got the transportation to & from the ship. It was all at our leisure.

Yes, but check the price your cruise offers. It has been the only excursion I have found where the cruise ship was less then doing on your own.

There is a small pool at the top you can use, gift shop, expensive restaurant & a lookout tower. You can see a great view of the ships. Also from your ship look to the right, you'll see a wooden building up in the tree tops, this is Mystic Mountain.

The prices I listed were the one's if you wait till you get there. We got the Tranopy through Princess for $117.00, at MM it's 124.00 plus however much the taxi was to get there.

We had no crowds & it was the smoothest cruise ship excursion I have ever done.

Archived