Glory Review 7/12/2008...lots of photos!

hurls88

Also going on the Glory in a few weeks and staying at the Radisson. Please give me more and thanks in advance.

We also sttayed at the Radisson when we sailed the Glory. We loved both. I have pics of hotel, ship and ports in my sig if you would like to see them just click on The Glory. Hope you have as much fun as we did. :)

Luv's Crusin'

Yes it was. How funny.

I got home just in time to see most of the leaders' last round. Lots of my friends were at the course because I only live about 25 miles from Royal Birkdale. A guy that I work with was a marshall on the fourth hole. I was sad that Norman didn't win, but I thought Poulter might have made a bit more of a challenge. Didn't like the BBC coverage though, they only showed about six players.

I also agree with your comments about the CD. He was a bit over the top for me. In fact I wasn't over-impressed with the entertainment at all. We have sailed Royal Caribbean out of Port Canaveral a couple of times and the entertainment was way better on RCI. We only went to one show and didn't bother after that. The Karaoke guy was a disgrace too. I watched the auditions for the Frank Sinatra wannabee and it was so obvious that it was decided in advance. The crowd yelled way louder and longer for someone else, but he said that another guy had won. A lot of people complained to the guy that really won and said they felt he'd been cheated. Not too sure what was going on there.

Thank you so much for the GREAT review with wonderful pics. Your family is beautiful!!

We were on the Glory in 04' and loved it and we can't wait to go back in Sept. I want to ask a few questions if you don't mind.

In Roatan...is Fins & Flipper the same place as Anthony's Key Resort?

and

In Freeport...Is there any good shopping spots? Anything like the Straw Market in Nassau?

Thanks for your help!!

Thank you so much for the GREAT review with wonderful pics. Your family is beautiful!!

We were on the Glory in 04' and loved it and we can't wait to go back in Sept. I want to ask a few questions if you don't mind.

In Roatan...is Fins & Flipper the same place as Anthony's Key Resort?

Yes

and

In Freeport...Is there any good shopping spots? Anything like the Straw Market in Nassau?

Thanks for your help!!

Not really around the Port it is small but I did not go into town

4th stop Freeport

DS loved it and met many nice kids...including "Lizzie" whom he has been texting NON STOP since we got back! I guess its kinda cute! They tired to stay up all night on the last night to watch the sunrise together! OMG! LOL! Neither of them made it though!

Give it a few years. My 15 yo DS accomplished this on the last one in May. He is still talking the the girl in PA.

Thanks for your quick reply to my questions!! :)

LOVED your review!!!! We are going on the Glory in Aug. and it's the first time for the kids. DH wants to go less formal this time but after seeing your wonderful pics there is NO WAY he's getting his way....loved the matching pink ensemble! Where did DW get her lovely pink dress? Thanks for the review!

What fabulous photos! You have such a lovely family. I'm scheduled for Feb. 1, 2009, on the Miracle (Panama Canal), but after seeing your photos, I'm ready to go now.:D

Barb65

Thank you so much for the GREAT review In Freeport...Is there any good shopping spots? Anything like the Straw Market in Nassau?

Thanks for your help!!

The main shopping area is in Lucaya, about 11 miles from the port. The main way to get there was to take a taxi/mini-bus that costs $5 per person each way. The taxi stand is right there as you get off the ship and is reasonably well organised. The taxis vary in quality from new air-conditioned vehicles to vans that look like they'd seen action on Iwo Jima! But they all seem to make the journey OK. They also drive on the left side of the road.

In Lucaya there are lots of shops of all kinds, from designer shops (Gucci etc.) to small market stalls selling souvenirs. It is also the beach area. Most people that went ashore seemed to head into Lucaya.

At the port itself there is a small shopping 'village' with a few small souvenir shops and a refreshment cart. Not much, but OK if you just want to pick up a t shirt or baseball cap as a souvenir without trekking into town.

Hope that helps.

Where did DW get her lovely pink dress? Thanks for the review!

We found it online

What fabulous photos! You have such a lovely family. I'm scheduled for Feb. 1, 2009, on the Miracle (Panama Canal), but after seeing your photos, I'm ready to go now.:D

Barb65

Have a great cruise

wonderful review! did i miss the capers somewhere? we are going in sept and can't wait!:D

I posted them seperate but here is the link:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/hurls88/Glory%20Capers/

I am taking my 2 DD's 11 and 13 on there first cruise ever very soon and after showing them these photos they are even more excited then before. I love cruising and I just know that after this cruise it will be a cruise every year with myself and my two DD's. I cant wait to show them everything on board! I personally have never been on a CCL cruise because I have always gone with RCCL but after hearing about all the fun for the kids how could I pass it up???!!!!!!!!

I cant wait.

And thank you so much for the review it is great! your family is beautiful and tell your husband he better watch out because that little girl is gonna steal some boys heart easy lol she jis just precious!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the review & pics. We went on 5/17 and loved it.

Mike was on our bus in Belize. Isn't he the greatest? He even carried my tube back when we got out of the river (I think he just wanted to flirt with DD some more).

Loved our driver and excursion on Roatan (through Diana & Cinthia; went to Iguana farm and Foster's West Bay resort), but if I return (and I hope I do), I just have to go to F&F.

To whomever asked for pics of the Radisson, I have a couple in my webshots album, but we were upgraded to a suite.

Pics are here...

http://community.webshots.com/user/NCTribeFan

Your reviews are wonderful!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to post such an extensive review.

Your family is absolutely beautiful, too.

We are going to book our next cruise on the Glory for next Summer. thanks for the tips.

Missy

What a great review!! Thanks for taking the time to do it. Your family is beautiful, you are very blessed...

I think your CD Butch was our CD Butch on the Conquest last Sept. Is his last name Begovitch or something like that? LOL

Yeah he was very high strung to say the least.... :)

Archived