Quest

And how does one go searching for job applicants on YouTube?:rolleyes: As I said before, crawling across a floor and barking like a dog is tame at a Quest.

While a crawling, barking woman can be a wonderful thing, I simply don't think it's advisable in an auditorium on the Atlantic, in front of 750 people.

Most would agree that the populations involved in participating in Quest usually include the older teen contingent, the inebriated, and a certain small group that composes the smaller end of a bell curve. These populations are not known for their good judgement, and if you removed them from the general audience, Quest, as we know it, would be gone.

Let me be the first to say that while I found Quest interesting and amusing for various reasons, it was not worthy of a 'can't miss' or 'hilarious' designation; indeed, I though Quest was dumb.

While a crawling, barking woman can be a wonderful thing, I simply don't think it's advisable in an auditorium on the Atlantic, in front of 750 people.

Most would agree that the populations involved in participating in Quest usually include the older teen contingent, the inebriated, and a certain small group that composes the smaller end of a bell curve. These populations are not known for their good judgement, and if you removed them from the general audience, Quest, as we know it, would be gone.

Let me be the first to say that while I found Quest interesting and amusing for various reasons, it was not worthy of a 'can't miss' or 'hilarious' designation; indeed, I though Quest was dumb.

You sound like you're a blast.:rolleyes:

You sound like you're a blast.:rolleyes:

I agree! ;)

Sheesh! Could we be more judgemental?

My family participated...we were neither inebriated or teenagers (well one was). My DH is an executive and probably the smartest man I know, I am an RN, my oldest daugter is an attorney, my second daughter is going for her MBA and my son will soon be a fire fighter...hardly a group on the "small end of the bell curve"

It's just fun...you don't have to humiliate yourself...it's a game for goodness sake. :rolleyes:

We did the Quest for the. first time this past June and it was a fun time, but it did not live up to the hype. We'll probably skip it next time

I've learned it really has to do with the people who participate. On RCCL MOS last September, it was hilarious and so much fun and felt like it went by entirely way too fast. Then on NCL's Dawn last month there were maybe a couple dozen people playing and not much competition. Entirely different atmosphere.

I have done the quest twice and I have loved each time. It is so funny and fun to participate in. I say "DO IT" you won't regret it. Let's face it you don't know anyone on board and you probably won't see anyone again ever anyway.....so why not have fun.

First - not all of the activities are embarrassing, and there's quite a range of participants who are not drunk teenagers. Some of our family members that have participated include my grandma, my dad (surgeon), my aunt (real estate agent), and my husband and I (both with graduate level degrees). We all participated while we were very sober. In general, only the team leaders (who volunteered), and a few volunteers from the audience end up doing anything embarrassing. There are plenty of tame challenges to participate in. And coming prepared has never killed the fun for us or our teams - a) we only have a few items, because you can never predict what you will need, and b) we only use them as a last resort, we're happy to let others participate as well.

Sorry, Quest is overrated.

And anyone who says that alcohol does not play a big part in Quest is being disingenuous.

Oh another thing....

How did you become such an authority on who attends the Quest? Sounds like you have gone a time or two since you know so much about who is playing.

Oh...or maybe you played and didn't win..just the "inebriated ignorant teenagers" did. Sounds like sour grapes to me. :p

Oh another thing....

How did you become such an authority on who attends the Quest? Sounds like you have gone a time or two since you know so much about who is playing.

Oh...or maybe you played and didn't win..just the "inebriated ignorant teenagers" did. Sounds like sour grapes to me. :p

Sounds like we're playing the telephone game, lol.

We have seen Quest with 2 different Cruise Directors. I wonder what it is like from Ship to Ship with different CD's? Allen Brooks and Dave Chapman do it the exact same way (well Allen trained Dave,lol)

Uh oh, I guess that means I need to check out another RCI ship! :D

Archived