I am looking for a cruise next June that would be doing a lot in Italy. Does anyone know of a cruise line that has cruises in June. I have checked Carnival and one other but they do not have any during that time frame.

Thanks

Summit is doing a tour with lots of italian stops next june,

Legend ots is actually doing a tour all around Italy, starting in Civitavecchia.

Brilliance ots has a Western Med cruise with several italian ports

and some more cruiselines do have tours with lots of italian ports, but are a bit more pricey.

Can you narrow down what you wanna see?

I just returned from Italy on Legend of the Seas (RCCL). It was a 13 day cruise that covered 2 days in Croatia and the rest in Italy. After doing the research, I found that for the price it was the best itinerary. It covered -- Portofino,Sicily, Naples, Florence(2days), Venice(2days). Ended and began in Civitavecchia. It was a fantastic cruise and itinerary. We specifically wanted to see Venice and Florence, so this cruise was a no-brainer. My suggestion is this--- If the itinerary is more important than the cruiseship itself, then thats what you should be looking at. Thats what I did. This cruise also had 3 sea days, which was a blessing since a Med. cruise is so port extensive. We really enjoyed the down time.

Good luck, Diane

What a great itinerary. I must not be looking in the right places, as I haven't seen any cruises on mainstream lines which stop at ports of call for 2 nights.

Longer stays in port and sea days are what appeals to us.

Did you enjoy the Legend of the Seas? We originally intended to sail on her from Rome's port to Singapore, through the Suez Canal, later in the year, but the price increased, so we made other choices.

My family and I were very pleased. It is not one of the newer ships, but that wasnt an important factor for us. We were just interested in the itinerary. The only thing that was disappointing was that we have a 17 yr old daughter. The 15 to 17 club was not appealing to her. She tried it a couple of times. They tended to gear more for the younger age in that group. If you were 18 on this ship then you could go and do most anything on the ship. She fell in that in between age group. But we did lots of things together as a family so that was SO special for us! We didnt want to come home!!

All in all, the crew was fantastic, food yummy, our balcony room was fine. They were very good about germs. Always having us use sanitary wipes before meals.

3 sea days were very relaxing. The overnights in Florence (Livorno) and Venice were great. You didnt have to worry about getting back to the ship the first night.

LOVED IT!!! Diane

Archived