Could you tell me about Johnny O?

I have met Johnie O on 2 cruises.

He is from England and Classical trained musician.

He play classical concerts several times during the cruise.

You will enjoy this very pleasant CD.

I have met Johnie O on 2 cruises.

He is from England and Classical trained musician.

He play classical concerts several times during the cruise.

You will enjoy this very pleasant CD.

We anticipate that we will enjoy this!

We have had the pleasure to cruise with both Johnny O and Chris Northley and we prefer Chris. Each hads his own style, Johnny seems to be very robotic, in other words he does the same things every cruise no improvising at all.While Chris seems to be very energetic and has a great sense of humor. Also we saw a lot more of Chris in a couple of cruises than we ever did of Johnny in five cruises.

I know there is a big Johnny O fan club, but he just doesn't do it for us. He is a talented musician, but just average (in my opinion) as a CD. We were lucky enough to have Chris last week, who was great! Unfortunately, it was the end of his time on the Monarch. Friday, July 18 was his last day on her, and I know from a fellow CC who stayed on board for a back-to-back that Johnny O is back. Maybe you'll like him. You'll certainly enjoy your cruise. I love the Monarch staff!

I know there is a big Johnny O fan club, but he just doesn't do it for us. He is a talented musician, but just average (in my opinion) as a CD. We were lucky enough to have Chris last week, who was great! Unfortunately, it was the end of his time on the Monarch. Friday, July 18 was his last day on her, and I know from a fellow CC who stayed on board for a back-to-back that Johnny O is back. Maybe you'll like him. You'll certainly enjoy your cruise. I love the Monarch staff!

Below, in mine.

Johnny O is a terrific musician and a really nice guy (near as I can tell; most CDs seem to be really nice). My objection to him as a CD is that he schedules himself as the "main event" too much. I don't know how much is him and how much is RCI telling him to cut the entertainment budget (I think it's the former).

Johnny O is a terrific musician and a really nice guy (near as I can tell; most CDs seem to be really nice). My objection to him as a CD is that he schedules himself as the "main event" too much. I don't know how much is him and how much is RCI telling him to cut the entertainment budget (I think it's the former).

Thanks Jean..........you have hit the nail....right on the head!!

Rick

Thanks Jean..........you have hit the nail....right on the head!!

Rick

I agree 100% (Kenny does too!). We took a seat in the back, and discreetly left his show, because we felt he was tooting his own horn a bit too much--in more ways than one!

Off topic, sorry, but Rick--was thinking about you and Bobbie, and wondering how your trip went--hope it was fantastic--I'll have to dig around and see if you posted a review--give our love to Bobbie.

Elisa

Archived