Best stingrays?

mattR

I went to the one in Nassau, it was neat cause it was my first time but then researching it farther I found they were not very good, you swim in a pen with about 5 rays in there, and about 30 people. You just float on top of the water and watch them, then the guy brings one up and one at a time you get to feed it a peice of squid. Thats pretty much the whole thing. A plus part is there is a beach with lots of hammocks on it for some sun bathing and relaxing :)

When are you going again ???? HMC is suppose to be adding that excursion by Dec sometime I believe, other than that I heard Grand Cayman has the best but they are not going there right now, we are hoping that by next May they will be up and running and welcoming everyone back by then :)

We did some great snorkeling in Tortola, at some caves and then off of Pirates Beach on Morgan Island in Tortola. St. Thomas we did snorkeling there too off a reef then spent sometime snorkeling off honeymoon Beach. These were both drinking cruises as well and even though we dont drink we had a blast! If you find and try any stingray swins at these ports please let me know, it is truly amazing, they appear to be so friendly! :)

Cayman is the king for stingray encounters. But with booking a west Caribbean itinerary- be certain to have the priority of a FULL day in port. Superior are the independent excursions- Capt. Marvin, Nativeway etc. as they take you to the Sting ray city sandbar and at least 1 other- snorkle site. Excellent are the half day tours which add the reef to the above. The ship tours only run you to the sand bar and back, no other fish here just sand waist+++ high. Be aware there is also the orginal Sting Ray City- it's a 12 foot dive site and rarely included on excursions unless specifically mentioned. This is an excellent snorkle site if you can arrange it.

Sailing the Zuderdam eastren with stops in HMC, St Thomas, Tortola, Nassau. Which port has the best Stingray excertion?

Any good stingrays in these ports?

Will be at HMC in Dec so that is an option but don't know if it would be open ocean?

Archived