Should Spa Offer fish Pedicures?

Atty

I scuba dive...and I've had fish nibble on exposed flesh before...it's a....unique....yeah, that's the word...feeling. Not unpleasant...just different.

I mean...think about it....there are fish in the ocean...whose entire job is to clean other fish....

OK...before I get flamed, yes...I realize that fish nibbling fish is something entirely different.

The spa that offers these pedicures is not far from where I live and work...I think I'm going to have to go try it...just to see how it feels.

I saw that on Yahoo - the pictures were just revolting. But, I'm not one to even swim in a 'real' body of water, because a fish might touch me!

I like a good spa pedicure - don't get me wrong - but what's next? Leeches? A nice relaxing cat tongue facial? Ewwww....

But hey - to each his own!

I saw that on Yahoo - the pictures were just revolting. But, I'm not one to even swim in a 'real' body of water, because a fish might touch me!

I like a good spa pedicure - don't get me wrong - but what's next? Leeches? A nice relaxing cat tongue facial? Ewwww....

But hey - to each his own!

On our 3rd cruise, we were on a snorkeling trip and the guys tossed food for the fish right next to me on my way beck to the boat. I was BOMBARDED with hungry fish and it was really really freaky! I was afraid to move and I was sure I was going to kill a fish with my flippers. Total panic...but alos a once in a lifetime experiance!

I would do that. As SwimnwFishes said, there are fish whose JOB is to clean. And if fish can get a job done better than a person, all for it! I heard it's only 35 dollars for it too, which is pretty cheap considering spa prices, and it being the only place so far.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Aubie and Susan - the same thing came to my mind when I read the subject...I was thinking "Well sure the fish can get a pedicure, as long as he has an appointment" :D

Now onto the subject - UM NO! I dont want any creature (well non-human one) nibbling on my tootsies :eek: :eek: :eek: kaos-animal-fish-smiley-6066.gif

Just come up to Wisconsin and get it free. We vacation every year at Big Muskellunge lake and every year everybody gets their toes and other parts nibbled on by the minnows and small bluegills. The kids hang their feet off the pier and see who can stand the tickeling the longest.

Since everyone is fighting for the consumer's leisure dollars, I don't think the cruise lines can deny any service to anyone.

After all, fish are very open about everything. You don't even have to inquire about their weight. They have scales right on their backs. :confused:

When I first started this message, I floundered for a while to find the right words. Then, I decided I had to finish the post just for the halibut!

Before you flame this response, think for a bit. Just don't swallow it hook, line and sinker. :o

Les

Since everyone is fighting for the consumer's leisure dollars, I don't think the cruise lines can deny any service to anyone.

After all, fish are very open about everything. You don't even have to inquire about their weight. They have scales right on their backs. :confused:

When I first started this message, I floundered for a while to find the right words. Then, I decided I had to finish the post just for the halibut!

Before you flame this response, think for a bit. Just don't swallow it hook, line and sinker. :o

Les

rofl3.gif LOVE IT!!!!! rofl3.gif Entire post is funny but that is the BEST!!!rofl3.gif

The price seems a bit steep. I mean its not like there is any overhead costs for food

No, the fish do not eat much, but the way some people's feet look, they may have to replace the fish:eek: Gee, I wonder, how to the sanitize the fish??

Deb

Archived