Virgin Gorda how to and cost

mattR

You might also want to go to Superstein's review of his cruise. In Post #31 labelled "Tortola", he talks about how he got to Virgin Gorda & The Baths: Cruise Critic Message Boards - The Zuiderdam 7/31 review you waited for !!!

Thanks for the mention Heather. I am going to have to finish that some day :D

Lately I have been busy with coaching soccer and building props for my yard haunt on Oct 31

Thanks links and review are great. Couple questions still:) How long dose the ferry ride take from Road town to Virgin Gorda? How long is the taxi ride from there to the baths and is this always included in ferry cost? How much dose snorkle gear cost to rent at the baths?

mattR .... You're in luck! The answers to your questions are right here in this thread:

Getting to the Baths of Virgin Gorda (CLICK HERE) (Be sure to read Post #12 & #21 by Zeno.)

Have fun planning! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

(This thread and many other threads on Tortola/The Baths are located on The Ports of Call Board under Caribbean Other.)

MATTR: You should check your departure schedule. We could not make it last year as we departed early enough to not allow us any time to see the baths and make it back even if we used both ferry,s. Also we were the ship that had to tender which adds time in the morn.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Matt - I can't recall the exact costs - but it was a lot cheaper doing it on our own than the ships excursion. Plus much less crowded.

Be sure to ask when you buy tickets about a package including the taxi.

the taxi ride on Virgin Gorda is not real long - say 10 minutes perhaps - maybe a bit longer.

As far as 3 hours being sufficient - thats hard to judge. I personally would try for longer since I am not sure what else you would hurray back to see- but 3 hrs is definitely doable. The folks on the ships excursion I don't believe even have that much time at the Baths

There are two ferry services - Smiths and Speedys. Both are $25 and include the open air shuttle to the baths. Smiths Ferry leaves at 8:50 AM and the return was about 2:00 PM. It takes about 30 mins. on the ferry and about 10 mins on the shuttle.

Archived