Emirates to NZ

Hi guys,

Heard on the radio tonight, that Emirates have one way fares Oz - NZ for $140. Sale starts on Sunday.

Typical...bring them out on sale just when I get back!!!!

:)

Thanks for that karen, fantastic, I might just book a couple of tickets. :)

Glenda

Hi guys,

Heard on the radio tonight, that Emirates have one way fares Oz - NZ for $140. Sale starts on Sunday.

Ooops, I thought your post said "emigrates to NZ". Glad you are still with us Kaz!!

I don't need our ticket for another 16 months, so I guess we miss out too!

Hi guys,

Even after you add the taxes on top, that's a pretty good fare, and we need to visit NZ some time soon. Might look into that. Thanks for the heads-up!

Bet the sale won't stretch to February when they start flying the A380 between Sydney & Auckland.

Kym

Glad you are back, Kaz. I hope you had a great cruise.

I'm in for a late night tonight. Linda is flying in from Florida on a delayed flight so I will be picking her up around 2:00am!

Hi there,

we need air for our NZ flights in Feb, I have had quotes for $500 and $480 from 2 other big carriers.... BUT - on the Emirates website they are showing $360 including all taxes, so even that is a good rate, especially as it is the new model A380 Airbus too! Looks like a wonderful aircraft...lots of inflight channels too!

We may look into booking this within the next couple,of weeks.

Thanks for the info!!:)

0019-0402-0403-0506_TN.jpg.d49cba46918e22003eff698049049d58.jpg

We've flown with Emirates to New Zealand before and all I can say is fantastic! They are the best.

Cheers

Christine

We have flown several times with them, we won't fly with anyone else now.

Oh...Forgot to say...the latest with flying out of Auckland, is that you don't have to pay the $25 departure tax thing anymore, it is now included in the ticket cost...came into effect on the 1st July!!!!

No more lining up at the money exchange place!!

Kaz

We've flown with Emirates to New Zealand before and all I can say is fantastic! They are the best.

Cheers

Christine

Emirates is our airline of choice for flights from Brisbane - Auckland.

They are nearly always cheaper than Qantas, AirNZ or Pacific Blue - the only other real choices between Brisbane & Auckland, and you get much better inflight service - 4 course meal, drinks, & friendly service, not a "snack" dropped down on the tray with a sneer as you get on most of the competiton.

They get my vote too....not just the fares but their schedule is to me a lot easier. They depart Bne at about 8.30 am and get into Auk mid afternoon (Local time). Coming home they depart Auk at about 5 and get into Bne around 6.30pm

Some of the other flights (esp the so called budget lines) are very unsocial in their timetables

I also prefer B777 aircraft. Qantas flies ageing B767s and others even B737s...brrrr.

cheers

They get my vote too....not just the fares but their schedule is to me a lot easier. They depart Bne at about 8.30 am and get into Auk mid afternoon (Local time). Coming home they depart Auk at about 5 and get into Bne around 6.30pm

Some of the other flights (esp the so called budget lines) are very unsocial in their timetables

I also prefer B777 aircraft. Qantas flies ageing B767s and others even B737s...brrrr.

cheers

On our last trip to NZ we flew over on Pacific Blue and back on Emirates - we paid more for the Pacific Blue flight on a 737 with no complimentary food - than we did for the return flight on a 777 with full service! We had a specific reason for going over on PB (to do with the departure/arrival times) otherwise it would have been Emirates all the way.

Phew, sale mustn't be for our dates, still the same price. Hope others have had success.

So all you with Emirates experience, have you checked in online? What do you do with your bags then? Can you drop them off anytime or is it still the same 2-3 hours before? Also where do you do it?

Phew, sale mustn't be for our dates, still the same price. Hope others have had success.

So all you with Emirates experience, have you checked in online? What do you do with your bags then? Can you drop them off anytime or is it still the same 2-3 hours before? Also where do you do it?

Sorry Jane, haven't tried the web-checkin yet, but the last time we booked online we were able to choose our own seats.

You might find more info here;

http://www.emirates.com/au/english/help/faqs/FAQDetails.aspx?faqCategory=193394

But I can't see that there'd be any advantage to it on an international flight.... It's the immigration & security that take the time, and there's no short circuiting that.

Archived