Serenade vs. Adventurer of the Seas (or Radiance vs. Voyager Class)

Has anyone been on both ships? If so which did you prefer?

I've been on the Mariner which is similar to the Adventurer. I enjoyed the open air solarium (not on the Serenade), I also enjoyed the large promenade area.

I'd love to hear from someone who's been on each class of ship.

FYI..I'm planning on a San Juan cruise in Nov.

Thanks!

We prefer the Voyager class, also due to the open Solarium! On Radiance, they never opened the roof in the Solarium, so, no tan! I only went in there once or twice, and I missed that!

The promenade area was ok--but we didn't spend alot of time there. My thing is the pool and on Radiance class, we were restricted to the main pool because of the roof.

The 2 ships are so different it comes down to personal choice, I love the Radiance class and my husband likes the Voyager class. The Radiance class is more sedate, which to me means less noise. The Voyager class has more going on and the promenade is very lively with a number of evening parties on it. Having said all that, we enjoy both ship styles and wouldn't hesitate to go on either ship.

I seem to prefer whichever class I am on! Hard to say which I love best, as they really are different. I can say that of all the Voyager class ships (and I've been on all except Mariner) I prefer the Navigator because of having the Vintages wine bar on the Promenade instead of the sports bar. I will be on Mariner next May and I know she also has a Vintages.

The 2 ships are so different it comes down to personal choice, I love the Radiance class and my husband likes the Voyager class. The Radiance class is more sedate, which to me means less noise. The Voyager class has more going on and the promenade is very lively with a number of evening parties on it. Having said all that, we enjoy both ship styles and wouldn't hesitate to go on either ship.

I'd second this posters comments. Each ship has it's good points. MY DW prefers the Promenade area. Serenade is a little more sedate but by no means boring.

Serenade does have one distinct advantage over Adventure..the BEST Conceirge in the fleet (Martiza) (IMHO). I, too, wouldn't hesitate to sail either ship.

Thanks for this thread. We did the Adventure last December, and next February we are trying the Serenade. We have done two cruises on the Voyager series, but want to try the ports that the Serenade offers. We love cruising out of San Juan, and can't wait to compare ships!

we did the adventure in feb explorer 3 years and doing the serenade jan, 2009

we did the radiance a few years ago in alaska and liked it also

i really like the promendae etc on the adventure & explorer

but since we have 5 ports on the serenade we figured we would be exhausted and we only have 1 sea day it didn't really matter

we are talking in our opinion adventure 9.5 and radiance a 9 out of 10

By no means small or boring, solarium roof was open our our cruise. You cannot beat the open air dining in the WJ and the Seaview cafe and the snack area in the Solarium. I will take all that over the shopping mall promenade anyday. Also, better AFT balconies IMO on Radiance class.

We're Radiance class vets (6 times, with a 7th booked), and just love Serenade (we've sailed her 4 times, and are booked for a 5th). I can't really do a comparison between Radiance and Voyager class ships, but I can recommend you decide which itinierary you prefer - AOS is 4 ports, 2 sea days, and includes St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Aruba and Curacao. We prefer Serenade's itinerary, 5 ports and 1 sea day, currently St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados.

Archived