Booking not showing as Platinum

WCAB

We booked a cruise for the end of October. At that time my husband was showing as a gold member for three cruises. through review of the Princess site, he realized that a 1967 and a 1968 cruise on P&O would count as two additional cruises. Those have been added he now shows as a platinum member in Captains Circle but when you go in and put in the booking number

and the booking summary comes up, it still shows as a gold member. I am wondering if when we make our final payment will the system pick up the change in status. If not, do we call Princess or our TA. When I mentioned it to our TA, she said to call Captains Circle, which I did and our status is OK with them, I just would like to know if our booking will update or will we have to wait until our next trip to get Platinum status?

We booked a cruise for the end of October. At that time my husband was showing as a gold member for three cruises. through review of the Princess site, he realized that a 1967 and a 1968 cruise on P&O would count as two additional cruises. Those have been added he now shows as a platinum member in Captains Circle but when you go in and put in the booking number

and the booking summary comes up, it still shows as a gold member. I am wondering if when we make our final payment will the system pick up the change in status. If not, do we call Princess or our TA. When I mentioned it to our TA, she said to call Captains Circle, which I did and our status is OK with them, I just would like to know if our booking will update or will we have to wait until our next trip to get Platinum status?

Unless Princess changes it because of the info provided, it probably won't show up on your personalizer. I would give the Captain's Circle a call and see if they can get this changed for you, just to be sure. It might save you standing in line when you get onboard trying to straighten it out if you can do this beforehand.

If it doesn't get fixed you can go to the Captain's Circle rep on board and they will issue you the correct card. It will only take a few minutes. Just in case print out your history. For my DS, it was a marriage name change. She looked it up and said, yup and viola, problem solved.

Almost the same situation happened to me. I called Princess and it was changed almost immediately in the Captain's Circle, the booking and My Princess. There was no trouble at all. I also emailed the Captain's Circle for a new card, and that came in about 5-6 weeks.

Definitely call Princess..... Our Captain Circle was Platinum and our booking summary was Gold for our upcoming cruise. Actually we called them this past weekend and asked them to update it which also upgraded our Travel Protection since we also purchased that! I don't think it would of happened without a phone call.

I'm not sure if this is the best thread to ask this question but I'll give it a try. I know that your status is determined by the number of cruises, but I had heard they were also taking into acct number of cruise days. Does anyone know what the magic number of cruise days to change to the next level. Currently we are gold. Our upcoming cruise will be our 4th on Princess. But it is a 10 day cruise, and we had a 14 day cruise as well. I am not sure how to add up the numbers:o . Would welcome any help.

I'm not sure if this is the best thread to ask this question but I'll give it a try. I know that your status is determined by the number of cruises, but I had heard they were also taking into acct number of cruise days. Does anyone know what the magic number of cruise days to change to the next level. Currently we are gold. Our upcoming cruise will be our 4th on Princess. But it is a 10 day cruise, and we had a 14 day cruise as well. I am not sure how to add up the numbers:o . Would welcome any help.

Our Gold Membership recognizes passengers who have completed one Princess cruise. They can enjoy the benefits on their 2nd-5th voyage. Platinum Membership is for those who have completed 5 voyages or 50 to 149 cruise days. Their Platinum benefits can be enjoyed on their 6th-15th voyages or their next cruise after completing 50 cruise days. Elite Membership is for those who have completed 15 or more voyages or 150 cruise days and above. Their benefits can be enjoyed on their 16th+ cruise or their next cruise after completing 150 cruise days

Completion of 50 days by the end of a cruise will make the next cruise platinium instead of gold if you have not completed five cruises.

Archived