OK so final payment is due in 22 days and...

I still havent told DH that I booked this cruise!!! :eek: Yikes!

It was meant as a surprise for him and the girls. I booked it before we started major renovations on our house in hopes that we'd be done by now and more than ready for a vacation. Well, we're not done yet but definety in need of a vacation LOL. How do I break it to him that we have to pay $$ now for a cruise in Nov? sigh.

~Connie

If your not sure about spending the extra $$ now that you have the house renevations and final payment is not made you can always cancel the cruise....not the best option but it is an option....and then book one that would be a little later after all the work is done.

I agree w/the other posters...tell him now! But not the kids until after you talk it over with your DH.

Good Luck!!;)

You have a very lucky husband. Tell him now and share your concerns. He is a very fortunate man to have a wife that 1) cares as much as you do, 2) has second thoughts when it comes to finances, 3) and will be going on a cruise with him to wash the stresses of renovation away. If he says that you all should not go then you can deal with that. No need being stressed about the renovations AND the cruise when you can share your plans and make a joint decision.

Well maybe you should do it wearing a teddy and holding a shot of something strong...lol. :p

That's what I would have to do to drop a bomb like that on the hubby. :D

....all of the above plus the promise of a membership in the "Balcony Club" ;)

Katink

First the double shot with the teddy ........then tell him an hour later when he is really tired but with a huge smile on his face:)

Start the conversation with that was almost as good as our last cruise....by the way!

Burnsie

1. Prefferably before 8/20/08.

2. Naked; forget the teddy.

3. Tell him with a BIG smile on your face that's it's OK if he doesn't want to spend the money; you'll go with the kids and he can stay and finish the clean-up at home. It'll save all kinds of $$$.

Honest, maybe if retired I could do this. But now for vacation we have to look at vacation time and also times of the year we can get off. I do handle the money so I know the vacations we can afford before we even book.

I would be honest with my husband. Say I booked this and want to go. We have been married forever, so I could greet him nekkid on a trapeeze and he would say let me watch the news first.

I still havent told DH that I booked this cruise!!! :eek: Yikes!

It was meant as a surprise for him and the girls. I booked it before we started major renovations on our house in hopes that we'd be done by now and more than ready for a vacation. Well, we're not done yet but definety in need of a vacation LOL. How do I break it to him that we have to pay $$ now for a cruise in Nov? sigh.

~Connie

I'm in the same boat sister! I did this after the bathroom renovation was started!!! I have yet to tell him. I will tell him the week before. I have enough spending money I think that will hopefully take some of the sting out of it. :o :D

Good luck!!

not to be a Debbie Downer, but OMG my hubby would kill me :eek::eek:

ok, if it were me seriously, I think I would tell him I had EVERY good intention to make this a trip of a lifetime for him, because "you work so hard and deserve it sooo much"...........to me, a little pity goes a long way!!! (don't forget to stick out your bottom lip and give him the puppy dog eye's as well :p:D)

Good luck and I hope you can still go! I know how costly those things can be, we just survived it all 6 months ago.

I'm in the same boat sister! I did this after the bathroom renovation was started!!! I have yet to tell him. I will tell him the week before. I have enough spending money I think that will hopefully take some of the sting out of it. :o :D

Good luck!!

DIZZY205-

I LOVE the picture by your name!

OP- sooner the better...I wonder how easy it will be for someone to take off work on that sort of notice. Probably would not be possible for me. Good Luck!

Archived