What Will I Forget?

As with any vacation, I will always forget that one item, and remember just far enough into the trip to the airport where turning around for it is futile. I'm attempting to change history this time, so I need your help. I'm planning the all important Target trip in a few hours...please provide me with a list of things that I will need. No item is too small, please be thorough. As my dad always says, it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

We are on the Legend to the Western Caribbean in 8 days, if any port specific items are needed, please list. Thanks so much in advance!

So far: shampoo, body wash, toothbrush, toothpaste, sunscreen...what's left?

A first-aid kit. We went without one once and spent hours wondering around Anaheim looking for an open something at 12:00 in the morning. I keep band-aids, neosporin, mole skin for blisters, pepto tablets, antacid tablets, aloe, wet wipes, extra glasses, aspirin, bug spray, hand sanitizer, and anti-itch cream in it.

Shampoo and body wash can be forgotten as the ship has dispensers however if you have issues with the ships choice defiantly bring your own. Remember if you are flying you will have to have travel size toiletries and a quart sized ziplock

I'll definately bring my own shampoo and body wash. I hear the ones on the ship aren't that great and leave people feeling like they didn't even shower. The travel size containers are only an issue in carry-on luggage, though. Or at least that's what I thought. Any checked luggage can have normal sizes. Please correct me if I am wrong.

~ a card with a magnetic strip to program your safe

~ SUNSCREEN and lots of it!

~ travel size baby wipes (these come in handy to me in countless ways!)

~ aloe

~ tylenol/advil/motrin

~ hair bands, clips, etc.

~ sunglasses

~ travel hand sanitizer

extra memory card, multi-plug outlet/extension cord, cell/PDA/iPod chargers, mini iPod speakers, nightlight, waterproof case, lots of singles (for tips), beach bag, surf shoes, a few wire hangers, condoms, rain poncho/umbrella, batteries, charmin-to-go, sewing kit, lint brush, static guard, detergent, binoculars, waterproof document pouch.

If you tend to have allergies, take along some sinus medicine just in case. I always seem to end up coming home with a stuffy nose, even if it isn't allergy season at home, due to the different vegetation and pollens. One cruise, I had to help out a friend that forgot to pack some...nothing worse than needing it and not being able to find it in port.

I'll definately bring my own shampoo and body wash. I hear the ones on the ship aren't that great and leave people feeling like they didn't even shower. The travel size containers are only an issue in carry-on luggage, though. Or at least that's what I thought. Any checked luggage can have normal sizes. Please correct me if I am wrong.

No, you are not wrong. You can have whatever size you want as long as you put it in your checked luggage.

You forgot two very obvious ones:

- Camera

- Rum

I like your way of thinking.:)

We took 2 Large thermos mugs with covers - worked great to fill with ice/ punch and our pineapple rum and walk around the ship! Also kept water cold for overnight dry mouth - the water from the ship sink never seemed to get very cold.

I printed up a packing list and I printed it from the following website:

www.kimscruisetips.com

It gives you spaces to add some of the other things that people have listed that are not on the list.

We added - Underwater camera , reading materials, cards, snacks for airplane, pens or pencils, static guard, binoculars:)

So far: shampoo, body wash, toothbrush, toothpaste, sunscreen...what's left?

Ummm howzabout deoderant? :D

Actually, I'll give you my trick instead. Go through your morning in your head. Wake up - alarm clock, take a shower - shampoo, soap, razors etc and so on and so on. All the way through getting ready for bed - facial cleanser, night cream etc. I swear it works!

Oh, and I totally second the allergy medicine - I don't have any allergies at home, but put me in the Caribbean, and I need Benadryl if I plan to wear my contacts...

tp not sure what they use on the ship but if its like most public restrooms its that single ply or sandpaper felling

bad idea that Tp is made specifically for the vacuum system Im sure. Put some Charmin in there and you ll have a plug up in the pipes.

Bonine or any OTC or prescription motion sickness meds. I keep this in my first aid kit that stays packed and ready to cruise. Did anyone mention a night light? I use one in the bathroom especially if we are in an inside cabin.

Q-Tips are a MUST for me.

Tweezers and nail tools

Eyeglasses repair kit

duct tape and cable/zip/wire ties for repairs and fasteners

extra (cheap) sun glasses - or previous Rx pair (for wear in blowing wind/sand and in the surf or other places that Rx sun glasses can be easily damaged/lost)

Copies of your address book

sewing kit

binder clips are great for securing beach towels to lounge chairs

Thank you! I love this suggestion and it's free:) (or at least you can "borrow" a few from the office) I've never noticed it before on the 500+ packing lists.

I've forgotten the case to my glasses and had to improvise when not wearing my glasses (contacts during the day, glasses at night!--for now...). A small flashlight is helpful to find your way to the bathroom late at night...I forgot lotion as well, Thankfully the hotel had free lotion and it saved me!!!!

Archived