Ship's Liquor Store Prices

crusinpeg

Doe anyone know if the price of liquor in the ships store varies from ship or itinary.. or is the same throughout the fleet. Specifically would the price on a Panama Canal itinary be the same as a Caribbean one?

LIqour store - if you buy alcohol, they will keep it until the night before disembarkation. It is not cash and carry.

As for prices - they are the same as you would see pretty much in a duty free store - very reasonable. I bought a bottle of Crown Royale for $20, a bottle of Amaretto for $22, and a bottle of Cruzan rum for $8. Over half off in some cases compared with US prices.

Even if the liquor prices onboard are slightly higher than the same item in a port, they will match the price if you bring back some sort of proof, such as a store flyer. The only thing I've found with purchasing onboard is they have a smaller selection and don't always carry the larger sizes, therefore the bargains are much better outside. Once in St. Maarten I saw Grey Goose for 2 for $40 and brought back the flyer to the ship and they matched the price, saving myself $20 total.

LIqour store - if you buy alcohol, they will keep it until the night before disembarkation. It is not cash and carry.

As for prices - they are the same as you would see pretty much in a duty free store - very reasonable. I bought a bottle of Crown Royale for $20, a bottle of Amaretto for $22, and a bottle of Cruzan rum for $8. Over half off in some cases compared with US prices.

The prices may be cheaper than at a regular liquor store in the US. Having said that, some of the prices can still be beat at the duty free store. Example: Amaretto 16.00 USD for a one liter bottle. Grey Goose 24.00 USD for one liter bottle. So if the 2 for 40.00 USD is for the liter bottles, that is a better deal.

Doe anyone know if the price of liquor in the ships store varies from ship or itinary.. or is the same throughout the fleet. Specifically would the price on a Panama Canal itinary be the same as a Caribbean one?

In the past, I have often taken the price list home from the different ships I have been on. The prices were always the same...be it from a Caribbean or Mexican itinerary or just a short repositioning one. I think it is a Princess price list rather than a ship's price list. Having said that, I think that the prices may have changed recently due to the value of the USD going down.

How long ago was your Caribbean cruise? The prices might have changed so when you go on your Panama Canal cruise, the prices may be different. ........ not because of your itinerary but because they have changed on all the ships.

BTW: Prices in duty free shops are all different just as they are in each state and/or individual stores. I have found that Colorado's liquor prices in their regular stores are better than at some duty free stores in some other states and certainly from the Canadian duty free ones at the airports.

Thank

In the past, I have often taken the price list home from the different ships I have been on. The prices were always the same...be it from a Caribbean or Mexican itinerary or just a short repositioning one. I think it is a Princess price list rather than a ship's price list. Having said that, I think that the prices may have changed recently due to the value of the USD going down.

How long ago was your Caribbean cruise? The prices might have changed so when you go on your Panama Canal cruise, the prices may be different. ........ not because of your itinerary but because they have changed on all the ships.

BTW: Prices in duty free shops are all different just as they are in each state and/or individual stores. I have found that Colorado's liquor prices in their regular stores are better than at some duty free stores in some other states and certainly from the Canadian duty free ones at the airports.

Thank you...you are the one person that answered my question exactly...I know you can't drink it on board, I know its cheaper that at home...what was question was ..are the prices fleetwide....THANK YOU!!

Archived