Room Service Questions

Juligan

How much should one tip room service?

About how long does it take for room service to arrive after ordering?

TIA!

Depending on how much you order $1-2

Usually takes under 15 mins. At certain times it can take longer...like 2-4 am, when lots of people are placing orders.

I'm an early riser, so when I wake up, I immediately call room service for a carafe of coffee and either Danish or croissants. They're usually there within 5 minutes, and I can't imagine how they're so fast.

You can also put the order card on your door the night before, and your order will be there about the time you specify. However, once I had my card taken by some kids..... I just call now.

Other times during the day or evening, I might order something, and it's usually there within 10-15 minutes. On all my Carnival cruises, I've never waited over 15 minutes for any order.:)

I tip 1$ for coffee only, but $2 if I order sandwich, dessert, etc.

You can also put the order card on your door the night before, and your order will be there about the time you specify. However, once I had my card taken by some kids..... I just call now.

Not sure what time you make your last call to room service each night, but you can always just hand the person your card rather then leaving it on your door.

That way you dont have to worry about someone taking it.

I always tip 2 dollars, looks like more cash folded all up :D If you call room service during peak hours like during Lunch and Dinner or after returning from a port, this could take up to 45 minutes. Any other time between 15 - 30 minutes

Fred

What is offered on room service? When I cruised in 2003 the menu was limited.

It's still about the same as 2003, with several additions. As you probably know, there are many really, really good items on the menu. I am very partial to the roast beef and brie on baguette, and the pastries.:)

On the Splendor they have requested that ax should use the Lido Deck/dinning room for a full breakfast as Room Service can take an hour. Not sure if this is true of all ships, but it seems to be on the Splendor. I was really hoping to get a pot of coffee every morning, we may have to for go that plan.

Not sure what time you make your last call to room service each night, but you can always just hand the person your card rather then leaving it on your door.

That way you dont have to worry about someone taking it.

Great idea. Everybody should do that. ;)

It's still about the same as 2003, with several additions. As you probably know, there are many really, really good items on the menu. I am very partial to the roast beef and brie on baguette, and the pastries.:)

I LOVE the roast beef with brie on a baguette. My DH & DD are already laughing at me for our cruise in March. I love room service!!

Depends.

I am a solo traveler. I always have coffee and croissants delivered in the early morning...it's my "wake-up" call. The menu is marked and put out the night before with a delivery time. It's always been there on time or a little earlier.

The rest of the day, I've waited as much as 30 minutes depending upon the time of day...and what was ordered.

I always tip $2.00 unless they've made something special for me in which case I increase it accordingly.

On the Splendor they have requested that ax should use the Lido Deck/dinning room for a full breakfast as Room Service can take an hour. Not sure if this is true of all ships, but it seems to be on the Splendor. I was really hoping to get a pot of coffee every morning, we may have to for go that plan.

I imagine they said that because its a brand new ship and they havent gotten all the kinks worked out yet. Im sure in the next couple of cruises they will be up to speed.

Dont read too much into early reviews of a new ship, things usually change for the better.

I imagine they said that because its a brand new ship and they havent gotten all the kinks worked out yet. Im sure in the next couple of cruises they will be up to speed.

Dont read too much into early reviews of a new ship, things usually change for the better.

Well, thanks for the reply. I guess I never took into consideration that it was because it was a new ship. We have never used room service, to be honest I thought it was kinda silly with all that food so close by. But it takes us a bit of time to get ready and a cup of coffee would be really nice. Even if we only sit on the balcony coming into port, I think that would be really nice.

BTW. I have always love your replies and I do so love your picture.

Just returned from Inspiration.

I tipped 2 bucks each time. I ordered coffee each am. took usually about 10 min tops. We ordered sandwiches one afternoon and it took less than 10 min.

Their room service is tops. I loved it.

Have a great cruise.

We usually place our room service menu out the night before. This way you will have it delivered when you want to.

It is nice to wake up to some fresh coffee and fruit to start our day. We give a $2.00 tip as it is well worth it.

Dave

Never waited more than 15 minutes. I always put the card out for coffee the night before and it is delivered at my specified time. I usually give a $1 or $2 depending on how much I make them carry.

Ok here is another question: We are travelling with our 3 children in an adjoining cabin. One of the mornings we would like to order room service for breakfast. Should I just order it all from one room or should I seperate it and put it on two cards? My kids eat alot so I am sure they will want multiple things off the menu.

I've never tipped for room service. I've always considered it a part of the price.

The person that delivers your food is providing a special service to you and a convenience so you do not have to leave the room. A couple of bucks would do the trick and assure that next time you get prompt service, don't think that waiters do not talk........

Archived