Other Solstice class name?

marinearchit

I know this has probably been discussed before, but it's always interesting to see everybody's ideas.

Well, we have Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse. But, what do you all think the name of the fourth (and that possible fifth) ship will be?

There's obvously a theme with the phases of the moon, but is there any other name that sounds as good as the other three? Celebrity Crescent doesn't really have the same ring to it, and I just don't think Gibbous fits at all.

I can possibly see something like Nova, but that still doesn't completely fit in with the other 3 ships.

So, will they possibly reuse names? If they don't, I can picture seeing the Celebrity Equator.

I rather doubt they would use Nova.

When Chevrolet had a car of that name (in the 70s), they were disappointed in sales of the car in Hispanic countries.

It was pointed out to them that Nova could be translated to and interpreted as "no go" or something similar.

They rather quickly rebranded the car.

There's obvously a theme with the phases of the moon, but is there any other name that sounds as good as the other three? .

Solstice and Equinox make refererence to the Sun rather than the Moon.

Without getting into technical terms - Soltice refers to the longest (Summer Solstice) and shortest (Winter Solstice) days of the year in the northern hemisphere - opposite in the southern hemisphere.

Equinox refers to the two time a year (Spring and Fall) when there is an equal amount of sunlight throughout the entire world.

Eclipse refers to either the sun or the moon.

I like the earlier reference to Corona myself.

Archived