Another Transport option from Fll to Mia & Back

Soccerfan

Hi

Just wanted to let you know that we used S.A.S shuttle service from Miami port to FLL on the advice of another CC member and wanted to share our experience with you.

Steve, our driver, was great and had a ton of patience (especially as we were still on Majesty of the Seas at 11am still waiting to get off)

We had a full day to spend in Fll as our flight wasn't until 8pm, We wanted to shop so Steve drove us to Sawgrass Mills, kept our cases and came back to get us at 5.30pm and took us to the airport. cost $25 each.

Cost of transfer from FLL to Mia or reverse $15 pp.

Steve also offers a day at a Ramada hotel in Hollywood Beach. Amazing boardwalk and lovely beach incase you feel like a beach day for your last day in Florida. Steve will store your luggage and come back at the end of the day to take to the airport. Best thing is that there was no extra charge for this :D

I have booked him again for our next cruise in September.

Guest summersbreeze
Hi

How do I contact Steve? We are flying into Miami at 1:30 and need to get to Lauderdale for 4pm departure and Princess doesn't offer transportation, so they claim, from Miami for our arrival.

Guest summersbreeze
He sounds great! Does he do Airport pick-ups? We arrive Miami and want to get to the Hotel in FLL.

We were quoted a little more than the $15 ? reported here. He said $55 for Miami airport to the ship. I know there is a train too but then you still have to wait around for it, drag your luggage, then take taxi from airport to ship. Not sure what Princess would charge for their bus transportation but they seem reluctant to offer it to us since we didn't book it initially but we didn't think we were going to be "dumped" in Miami for a ship leaving from Lauderdale. We had planned to hop a cab rather than wait around for the cruise bus as it's not far to the port.

Speaking of which, we are finding that more and more, Princess is giving really rotten flights. We just flew to Heathrow for a cruise we were on last week and went way out of our way making the travel time more than twice what it should have been. Rather than a quick direct flight we had to go through Vancouver, Washington DC then Heathrow and Chicago on return plus buy our own tickets to Vancouver and almost missed the flight and had that happened we would have been out another $500.00

Hi

Steve also offers a day at a Ramada hotel in Hollywood Beach. Amazing boardwalk and lovely beach incase you feel like a beach day for your last day in Florida. Steve will store your luggage and come back at the end of the day to take to the airport. Best thing is that there was no extra charge for this :D

I have booked him again for our next cruise in September.

I just e-mailed Steve as we will be flying into MIA in December for a cruise from Fort Lauderdale, and after we disembark at the end of the cruise we will have a day to kill before our overnight flight home from Miami. He said that he can help us, and suggested the Ramada/Hollywood Beach Resort, but he has quoted us $60 each way. Did you have a large party? I didn't tell him how many of us there are, but it happens to be two. Having said that, if the price includes the day at the Ramada I think it's fair.

Guest summersbreeze
Hi

Just wanted to let you know that we used S.A.S shuttle service from Miami port to FLL on the advice of another CC member and wanted to share our experience with you.

How long ago was that and how many in the van? He quoted us $55 for 2 people Miami to Ft Lauderdale cruise port

I just e-mailed Steve as we will be flying into MIA in December for a cruise from Fort Lauderdale, and after we disembark at the end of the cruise we will have a day to kill before our overnight flight home from Miami. He said that he can help us, and suggested the Ramada/Hollywood Beach Resort, but he has quoted us $60 each way. Did you have a large party? I didn't tell him how many of us there are, but it happens to be two. Having said that, if the price includes the day at the Ramada I think it's fair.

We had a party of 4 but my next booking has only 2 of us going. There was no charge for the Ramada stay as far as I know.

My understanding is that the price is $15 pp e/w Fll airport to Miami port and Miami port to fll airport and this has been confirmed with Steve.

Maybe Steve thinks that there are 4 people in your party?

By the way, we did go to the Ramada you are mentioning. More of a condo base rather than a hotel, but it is right on Hollywood Beach and they have a new 2 mile boardwalk and a great beach. Very nice area of Florida that we hadn't seen before. Great for a beach day.

We were taken from the port of Miami to Sawgrass Mills then picked up at the end of the day and taken to FLL airport. Cost was $25pp. That was just last Monday. There was 4 of us.

Summersbreeze, I am wondering what the reason is for the high cost from Miami Airport? Doesn't make sense to me. Why don't you ask him?. I wonder if he incurrs Surcharges by going into the Miami Airport? There has to be a logic reason for this. :)

I asked Steve about the difference in rates, here is the response :)

"Miami Airport does charge the vans every time we go into the airport whether we are dropping off or picking up. Each van has an electronic box on it's windshield and automatically charges us.

Also, please, if you don't mind, post on cruise critic that my rates are with a 4 person minimum. Reason I ask you to post this is I am getting a lot of requests with just 2 passengers. I try to match them up with other passengers so I can get at least the 4 person minimum.

The stop off at the Ramada is at no charge. I have been providing transportation for the hotel for over 6 years now and this is something I offer my passengers. When I bring folks to the Ramada I get them a pool pass card which also allows you into the gym (which has locker rooms) so you can change and we hold the luggage near the concierge and security desks so you never have to worry about your luggage. Hollywood Beach is a great beach where you can either just relax by the pool, sit on the beach, or go for a nice walk along the boardwalk which goes for about 2 miles filled with restaurants, shops, etc. Very nice time and better then sitting in the airport for hours before your flight home.

My summer rate special of $13 per person will be ending at the end of this month. I will then be going back to my regular rates which are:

1-3 passengers to/from FLL and Miami $55

4 or more $15 per person

I hope this helps out with any questions you might have seen posted.

Thank you,"

Steven Sadowsky

SAS Transportation

1-954-600-0240

www.ridesas.com

Hope this explains - Have a great day everyone :)

We have now booked Steve for our trip in December. I understand that the charge is based on 4 people, so it seems fair to us - especially as the day at Ramada/Hollywood Beach is included. It saves us the hassle of worrying about what to do after the cruise and before our 8p.m. flight that evening - and also being able to change into winter clothes for the flight back to England. The idea of that last day on a warm beach is wonderful, and to know that Steve will then pick us up to take us to MIA just makes me able to relax.

All I need to do now is hope that he is as good as you say!

• 2 weeks later...

This is very interesting because we as well have booked Steve at SAS for our Nov. cruise with the Ramada Hollywood beach hotel as an option for the day after the cruise (we have a late flight). I have checked on Tripadvisor and the hotel gets horrid reviews!

It is apparently a dump and nearby stores are vacant. I know it is only for a day but can anyone confirm whether it was nice at all (I don't want to slum it after a nice cruise!). We were going to look at getting a day rate at the hotel if it were any good. "Soccerfan" you apparently went there, can you comment? It would be greatly appreciated!!!

This is very interesting because we as well have booked Steve at SAS for our Nov. cruise with the Ramada Hollywood beach hotel as an option for the day after the cruise (we have a late flight). I have checked on Tripadvisor and the hotel gets horrid reviews!

It is apparently a dump and nearby stores are vacant. I know it is only for a day but can anyone confirm whether it was nice at all (I don't want to slum it after a nice cruise!). We were going to look at getting a day rate at the hotel if it were any good. "Soccerfan" you apparently went there, can you comment? It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi OntarioTraveller,

Personally I would not stay overnight at the hotel, BUT the beach is beautiful and the boardwalk looks like it's new and is 2 miles long. I would not hesitate to do the day thing there because you get the use of the showers etc. at the hotel for free. My understanding is that your day at the hotel is complimentary so there are no day rates to pay. So you get a day at the beach for nothing. :)

Got to have a great weather day though! otherwise ask Steve to take you to Sawgrass Mills to shop. That'll definately use a full day, you will never see all the stores in one day. Go to the Cheesecke factory for lunch etc.

Why don't you even think about both options? Ask Steve, maybe you could do the morning at the beach then ask Steve to pick you up to go to Sawgrass Mills for lunch and shopping and then to the airport to catch your flight.

The Ramada was not the best looking hotel but the beach and boardwalk were beautiful. I will see if I can post some photo's for you, no kids at home to help right now but I'll give it a shot!

Thanks so much! That is just what I wanted to know (that's what makes these boards so great).

The beach looks good, do you remember what the pool looked like? Apparently we would have use of it for the day as well.

Shopping sounds like a good rainy day option but we are from Ontario so want to enjoy the sun all we can!

Thanks again, I feel a little better about it. Steve sounded great, very acommodating.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!

I'm considering flying into FLL as opposed to Miami because it may be cheaper for June 2009 cruise. My question is, how much advance notice does Steve need?
After reading this thread I e-mailed Steve and he came back quickly with a quote. We don't cruise until April 09 and I asked if it was too soon to book. He replied that he has many enquiries for April already and it helps with forward planning if he has a lot of notice so I suggest you contact him now. He is charging $55 for 2 pax from MIA to Hollywood Beach.

• 8 months later...

Archived