Just got an e-mail from Meyer Ship Yards Re: Solstice

RCCLCARIB

OK, I made it to see her float out, and be pushed up to the pier. Totally passed out @2:45. So thankful for our lap top. I watched the last 45 min in bed.

I can't believe all of the beautiful photos all of you have posted. Thanks sop much. I am so excited to see the starboard side and my cabin.

She really is a beautiful ship.

Wow! Great pictures, thanks everyone! I'm still recovering from watching late last night and I'm from Cali so it wasn't as late as it was for you on the east coast. But, it was exciting and a long wait and when she finally appeared it was hard to stop watching. And Andy, you are so right, it was like watching the birth of a baby, kind of......lol! I stayed up after watching the men's volleyball and was up early to watch the men's basketball this morning. Yes, I am an Olympic junkie! Go USA!!!

Wow! Great pictures, thanks everyone! I'm still recovering from watching late last night and I'm from Cali so it wasn't as late as it was for you on the east coast. But, it was exciting and a long wait and when she finally appeared it was hard to stop watching. And Andy, you are so right, it was like watching the birth of a baby, kind of......lol! I stayed up after watching the men's volleyball and was up early to watch the men's basketball this morning. Yes, I am an Olympic junkie! Go USA!!!

Hi Glenda !

We had a great time last night. The anticipation of seeing Solstice outdoors for the first time, was very exciting. I think my quote later in this thread made more sense, where I said it was like a baby taking her first steps. Either way, it was a fun morning. Of course, I'm tired now :)

Who knew there would be so much going on so late at night with the webcam, cruise critic, and the men's volleyball game (yea USA). The webcam was great but the photos today are fantastic. Thanks again to everyone for all the info and pics.

I really enjoyed it last night! Sitting there making comments about tugs coming in and out of view - ripples in the water - looking at Google Map to check orientation, etc. You started to worry about your sanity, or at least your priorities.

For those that missed it - you are sane to wait until now to see the beautiful photos, but it was fun flipping back and forth between the webcam and the cc thread. Then she came into view - a tug with a taught line, then just a hint of her stern and then all of her. Hit the sheets right after they got her up against the pier. I won't be aboard until Nov 09, but it was fun to watch. All of you on the Inaugural, enjoy! There isn't anything quite as beautiful as a seagoing ship.

This was one of the more entertaining threads I've ever taken part in - thanks.

Denny

Hi Glenda !

We had a great time last night. The anticipation of seeing Solstice outdoors for the first time, was very exciting. I think my quote later in this thread made more sense, where I said it was like a baby taking her first steps. Either way, it was a fun morning. Of course, I'm tired now :)

Well, I'm obviously still tired, too, since I got your quote wrong.....lol! :eek: You're right, it was more like watching it's first steps. It was definitely exciting with all the anticipation!

I'm still tired after a 2 hour nap this afternoon. As I sat there last night watching and chatting I recalled that the last time I was up that late was our last cruise ;) . It was fun and certainly a fun memory.:p Can't wait for 12/7.

On a side note, it was interesting to see in the pictures of the land around the ship how many local people came out to see her also.

bigbrother - thats one of the best video's yet. Taking a break at work and watched it 3 times :p

Gerry - on that video right near the beginning they show an open door onto a front deck. I wonder if that will be one of those secret doors that some of us look for and others never find. We had on on Carnival Liberty and it was in the same local. It was a great place and almost always empty.:p

Carol can't wait !!!!!!!

Archived