live update CB Aug 6th

Boston936

Just got off the ship. In port 2 hrs late. Ok with me bc got to sleep in. As for the canapy tour. I got fully reimbursed and given 40 bucks ship credit after. I meet with the excursion managers boss. to discuss my concerns and he was helpful and receptive. He assured me that the canapy tour has never had such a problem and said it would never happen again in the future. I did not win princess pop star. Although did compete in the finals. Grand turk was great and was my families favorite port. I went deep sea fishing a caght a barracuda. The teeth were so big I nearly crapped my pants. Also. Something worth noting. When I meet with the first perser. He is the main boss of customer service ansd excursions. He asked me if I was boston936. Apparently he reads the blogs daily. So us cruise critics are difinately heard. I had a porterhouse at the steak house. Very good but recommend the rib eye instead. The fish at the steak house is also very good and the clam chowder is a must. Second only to the chowder served in Boston. My stewardest Hedi is freaking awesome. The best I have ever had. Hopefully some of you are on the lido deck so you can get her. Be sure to find adutlt pool next to the spa. It is nice and ussaully not too many people there. The pizza continued to be great and I'm still surprised with its quility. It was always fresh and hot. The garden burgers are a must. They are unusaully soft but very tasty. Wednesday night was very rough seas. I even had to take some meds. I rarely get sick at sea. there is a comedian that does magic. Forgot his name. But be sure to check out the show. Well worth it. I won tons of the onboard contests and games resulting in more chapagne and luggage tags than I know what to do with. Be sure to take part in as many things as you can. That's all for now will post later topnight and answer questions when home. I'm on the black berry driving home now. As for the olympics. Nope. But you can keep posted on results through CNN in the room.

And they say it arrived on time there.

***** points the ship's position at the ANTICPATED position - not the actual. If you look at ***** - it says osmething to the facto f scheduled position. It is based on scheduled ports and port times, and I have noticed that especially with the changes in the CB, it has been inaccurate.

Boston - welcome home - glad to hear you had a great time. Can't wait for our cruise on the CB- a little more than 2 months to go.

I too sailed the 7/28 to 8/6 CB princess. I'd like to know how come we got cheated out of 4 hours in san juan and the same darned ship could make it there 1 hour AHEAD of schedule the week after ours? I am very angry about Princess taking away St. marten adding Tortola (tor-toilet) and then instead of being in san juan for 2:00, we got there at 6:00!

It is a great ship, food good, Sarge is funny, MUTS is cool. Chair saving is the pits, tho.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise, send some caribbean sunshine and a margarita to Connecticut for me!

Don't worry - we were cheated out of time in San Juan as well. The original itinerary had us arriving in the morning; that was changed to a 2:00p arrival. That we arrived around 1:00p was probably due to good sailing conditions the day before, and if I remember correctly, we actually sailed from Bermuda early because everyone was aboard before the scheduled sailaway time.

Just because we were in San Juan around 1:00p doesn't mean we got off the ship any earlier either ... the CBP check did not start until our originally scheduled arrival time.

Archived