Refridgerators in S-class cabins ...

Vic The Parrot

Thanks for your help.

So I might as well be better off to "borrow" a big ice bucket, and use that! :D At least it'll keep my water and other bevs cold. ;)

Have you considered a collapsible softsided cooler? There's also the fill the sink with ice trick. I'd suggest taking a couple of gallon zip bags and using them to hold the ice so you don't lose the ice if you need the sink. The ice buckets (either what they have in the cabins or those used for chilling wine), don't have much room.

Ahoy!

Our cabin steward has usually been able to track down a larger champagne bucket for ice needs. If not, we always have at least two ice buckets in the cabin (one of those embarkation day requests). As usual, the cabin stewards fill them at late A.M. room cleanup, late afternoon pre-break check and night time turn downs. Room service is great in between times if an ice cube crisis occurs.

We've also been able to request an extra trash can, have it triple lined with plastic bags and have it filled with ice for wines, etc. purchased at ports & 'mindless sea day' imbibing situations. Just "food" (or drink?) for thought.

BTW, the ice machine are in the stewards housekeeping / linen closet as you well know. However, they do frown on passengers rooting around in there.

Have a WONDERFUL CRUISE!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

Yes, you can rent them for, I think, $2 per day. Most do not keep things very cold. They cool them but most we've had were not what I would call cold.

Our rented 'frig made ice too, it kept things very cold.

john

I am not sure if all S class cabins come with a bar fridge; but we had an SA cabin in May that came with the typical bar fridge. We simply took out several items and placed them next to the fridge with a note to the cabin steward that we were not purchasing those items. We just needed room for our water. There was no problem doing that. At the end of the cruise, we put the items back into the fridge and did not incur any charges.

Ahoy!

Our cabin steward has usually been able to track down a larger champagne bucket for ice needs. If not, we always have at least two ice buckets in the cabin (one of those embarkation day requests). As usual, the cabin stewards fill them at late A.M. room cleanup, late afternoon pre-break check and night time turn downs. Room service is great in between times if an ice cube crisis occurs.

We've also been able to request an extra trash can, have it triple lined with plastic bags and have it filled with ice for wines, etc. purchased at ports & 'mindless sea day' imbibing situations. Just "food" (or drink?) for thought.

BTW, the ice machine are in the stewards housekeeping / linen closet as you well know. However, they do frown on passengers rooting around in there.

Have a WONDERFUL CRUISE!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

Thanks Bob!

I'll probably end up buying a couple of buckets of beer, and using them for my "icebox". Did that on one cruise, and returned them the last night.

But the extra garbage bin sounds like it could work. ;)

Archived