Stores at the Explorer ?

Hello,

Now I'm really excited, in 17 days I'll be sailling.

I have tried to look at what shops are there at the Explorer of the seas but can't find it, are they the same as in most ships (jewelery, perfums) ?

Thanks

Rosa

Hello,

Now I'm really excited, in 17 days I'll be sailling.

I have tried to look at what shops are there at the Explorer of the seas but can't find it, are they the same as in most ships (jewelery, perfums) ?

Thanks

Rosa

I'm curious to know as well. I'll be sailing on there a week before you. I was wondering if the prices on things were reasonable?

Lot's of logo stuff, jewelry, perfume, and a "general" store, with deoderant, toothpaste---you know--stuff like that.

If you're hoping to spend hours shopping, just forget it! You can make a run of all the stores in less than 45 mins.

There's also a liquor store & I learned on my last cruise that they change the prices depending upon the ports of call to be competitive. For example, the 5 day Bermuda cruise charges more for alcohol than the 9 day Caribbean where prices are cheaper in St Thomas & St Marrten.

Periodically they will move tables with $10 items (mostly jewelery and evening purses) out on to the Prommande because the shops aren't really that large. The last day or so they will also move some merchandise (mostly t-shirts and jackets) outside the Windjammer. They will run a "special" sale on some t-shirts at 2 for $10. If you like them, then it is a good buy for you.

In all, nothing that you have not seen on other ships. Unfortunately, no big name shops like Columbian Emeralds. Pricing is normally cheaper in the ports. But if you need something, then you will pay the going rate.

MARAPRINCE

I've seen a lot of people spend a lot of money at the shops onboard because it was a sea day and they were possibly bored (sorry, no offense intended). I know - it almost happened to me and I had to restrain myself. :p Some of the jewellery was very shiny and sparkly (partly because of the spot lights shining on them!) but I could definitely see how one might be enticed to spend in the onboard shops. The rings that I have seen for $39.99 onboard were definitely less expensive on land. Just my observation.

Another observation - don't buy the first day, which could be impulsive. Keep coming back to check prices, and buy your items later in the week. Like it was said, many times they have sales later - your item could cost less closer to the end of the cruise. If not, then it's still there anyway.

Archived