Help Needed

parrihjo

Hello everyone,

I need some advice from you experts..We have been on 4 cruises and have always had oceanview rooms. We are booked right now on the Splendor for November and we have a Balcony room booked for my wife, my 8 and 4 year old and myself. Because of financial problems, we are considering moving to an interior room to save 1200. My question is, how will an inside room compare to the balcony and what would you do if you were in this situation. Thanks for any help you could give......

been on 23 cruises...have booked inside guarnatee a lot with hopes of being upgraded for free...this did not happen a couple of times and we had an inside cabin...balcony is much better but then you can live with an inside cabin..most of the time you are only sleeping there..lots of public rooms to enjoy your time at sea or coming into port....to compensate inside rooms are sometimes bigger than outside ones too....

enjoy your cruise

We usually do a balcony cabin however, we are doing our first back 2 back and the best way to do this was to book an inside cabin. We decided to do an inside up on the higher level so that when we open the cabin door we will at least see daylight, we can walk directly to the pool area so that will be our balcony :)

I do not think I could do an inside on the lower level of the ship and have to walk up 5 flights of stairs before I could see the sunshine! See what they have available on the Spa deck or similar.

You'll save a bunch of money

If money is a issue, then I would do what I could afford, either pick a inside cabin or do a inside guarantee. I wouldnt stretch myself, it would impair my enjoyment of the cruise. You can go up to the pool and see the view and get out of the cabin this time.

If it is because of financial problems I would definitely switch to the inside. I have had fantastic cruises in inside cabins; some of them were more memorable than the ones in a balcony. Take the 1200 dollar savings and it will likely cover your tips, some excursions, and spending money with some left over (unless you do some heavy duty drinking or gambling). Plus, inside cabins are so nice for daytime naps. In my opinion, if you spend the 1200 when it is a problem financially it will just make for stress on your vacation (or when you return home) from worrying about the negative financial impact. Again, take the inside and happy cruising within your budget.

Hello everyone,

I need some advice from you experts..We have been on 4 cruises and have always had oceanview rooms. We are booked right now on the Splendor for November and we have a Balcony room booked for my wife, my 8 and 4 year old and myself. Because of financial problems, we are considering moving to an interior room to save 1200. My question is, how will an inside room compare to the balcony and what would you do if you were in this situation. Thanks for any help you could give......

We've taken a few insides lately just so we could take an extra cruise. Just make sure you have an alarm clock because when the lights are out it is DARK. You seem to sleep a tad more in an inside since you can't tell what time it is because of the darkness. I tended to just roll over and go back to sleep the first time i had an inside.

I'd finally get up and it'd be noon to 1pm. Not good on a cruise. At home it's heaven.

Go for it and save some $$$$.

Bill

If it was me.....and we have done this before. I would save until I could get a balcony. Unless it is on the fantasy class ship, then it would be a window cabin.....

I would never book a hotel with no window. I cannot see paying for a cabin with no window......but that's me:)

If it was me.....and we have done this before. I would save until I could get a balcony. Unless it is on the fantasy class ship, then it would be a window cabin.....

I would never book a hotel with no window. I cannot see paying for a cabin with no window......but that's me:)

Is it even possible to get a hotel room without a window?

If it was a choice between an inside or no cruise I'd definitely opt for the inside.

What is so horrific about an inside cabin?

Even when we have a balcony I bet I don't go out on it more than 2 or 3 times for more than 5 minutes so it would be no loss to me.

Bill

I'd go with the inside. On most of our cruises the price difference is less than $200 total between an inside and an oceanview, and we opt for the inside. We enjoy the darkness and being able to take naps any time during the day without the sun shining into the room. As another poster said, be sure to bring a travel clock - I have NO idea what time it is when we're in the inside stateroom - which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your personal preferences.

Oh, and for the record, there ARE hotels with no windows - not many, I'm sure, but they do exist. We stayed at Place D'Armes on St. Ann in the French Quarter 3 years ago and the room we ended up in had no windows - but right outside the door to the room there was a long balcony overlooking Royal Street. Weird, but it didn't bother us at all. Come to think of it, we also stayed at Bienville House last year, and I don't think that room had a window either! Wow, must be a trend for me to end up in windowless rooms on vacation!

DH and I have had inside cabins before..... we don't really spend enough time in the cabin to justify the extra expense of a balcony..... would rather have a B2B in an inside cabin.Whatever you decide.... have a great cruise!!!

DH and I have had inside cabins before..... we don't really spend enough time in the cabin to justify the extra expense of a balcony..... would rather have a B2B in an inside cabin.Whatever you decide.... have a great cruise!!!

We were booked on the Freedom 1/17 eight day sailing for a balcony and we were able to add the 1/25 sailing and switch to an inside cabin up on the Panorama Deck for only an additional 250.00 difference - for us it was a no brainer!

I'm staying in an old hotel in San Juan, I think it is a Howard Johnson's, that has no windows. I've also done my fair share of inside cabins when I was poor and that's all I could afford. The best part of those situations is that it forces you out of your room/cabin and into the world to enjoy.

I love the inside cabins, don't want a ocean view, loved the balcony on my Alaska cruise. I would save the $1200 and go for the inside. If I ever get to go on a European cruise I will have a balcony and when I return to Alaska will have a balcony because there is stuff to see. I don't spend a lot of time in the room except to sleep, shower and change clothes. Too much stuff to do. Save the dollars and you will be that much closer to your next cruise. Makes napping so much easier in the day too. To make sure you don't sleep to late, put the TV on one of the outside camera channels and when the sun rises the room will start getting lighter, turn the sound off. Have a great cruise.

Hello everyone,

The inside room will be great...........

How often do u use the balcony?

The inside room on that class ship will probably be the same size if it was just a regular balcony.

YOu can get the best sleep in a dark inside room!!

I would go for it!

I would much rather be on a cruise.........inside room, than none at all!!!!!

Have a great one!

Denise

Inside rooms and balcony rooms are the same square footage minus the balcony. We usually book inside rooms except for the 2 transatlantics on the Freedom. Then next year we are doing a B2B on the Liberty with a 12 day Grand Med and Transatlantic so we went back to an interior. We do take a little led nightlite because it is very dark when you turn out the lights. I don't take an alarm because I always wake up at 4:30am 7 days a week without one. You'll enjoy the interior.

hmm...not sure about the Splendor. But, on the Glory, the inside cabins are smaller. The oceanview is the same size as the balcony without the balcony taking up space. My daughter had an inside on the Glory. I have seen pics. If possible, I would consider maybe trying for an oceanview gty? Your cabin will have more room for the 4 of you and you may even get upgraded to a balcony.

If it was the difference between cruising or not cruising, I'd gladly stay in an inside cabin. Out of my 11 cruises, 3 of them have been inside cabins. I enjoyed those cruises just as much as the balcony cruises. Sure, it feels small but other than sleeping, how much time do you hang out in your cabin? For me it was very little. Oh, all 3 times I've been in an inside cabin, there were 3 adults sharing. It was fine. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise with your family. Enjoy!!!:D

We are in the same situation. We are going on a 14 day cruise for our honeymoon and after wedding expences, cannot afford a balcony or oceanview room. We are opting for the inside and spending the extra money on excursions and alcohol. Although we may get ridiculed for not "splurging" on our honeymoon, we would rather be able to take a 2 week cruise inside cabin than a 1 week cruise with a balcony. But that's just me.

Book the inside and save yourself the stress. It will be worth it in the end! :)

Is it even possible to get a hotel room without a window?

If it was a choice between an inside or no cruise I'd definitely opt for the inside.

What is so horrific about an inside cabin?

Even when we have a balcony I bet I don't go out on it more than 2 or 3 times for more than 5 minutes so it would be no loss to me.

Bill

Evidently nothing for some people;) But for others like us it is important.

If I was only out there for 5 minutes 2 or 3 times then I would not book one either.....

It's not a matter of a cruise or no cruise. It's a matter of planning for a balcony cabin........

When we book a hotel by the ocean we always book ocean front also;)

Some people would rather book 2 cruises with inside cabin. I would rather book 1 cruise with a balcony.......it's just preference that's all....

Evidently nothing for some people;) But for others like us it is important.

If I was only out there for 5 minutes 2 or 3 times then I would not book one either.....

It's not a matter of a cruise or no cruise. It's a matter of planning for a balcony cabin........

When we book a hotel by the ocean we always book ocean front also;)

Some people would rather book 2 cruises with inside cabin. I would rather book 1 cruise with a balcony.......it's just preference that's all....

It seems the OP did plan for a balcony but has come upon a hardship. I don't know if it's a cruise with the inside cabin or no cruise because of the situation.

I'm just saying they'll survive in an inside cabin.:)

Bill

Archived