VISTA display problem with RCCL website

FUN33

Has anyone experienced a problem using Windows Vista to access the RCCL website that began on 8-13-08?

Starting today the normal RCCL website displays vertically on the left side of my screen, followed by a long white space, then the site displays properly on the bottom of my screen (far below its normal position).

I am not experiencing any problems with any other websites - Only the RCCL website and it began today.

I also have a XP machine and am not having any display problems on that machine.

Which is why I bought a new XP laptop and desktop this year before Microsoft made it near impossible to buy these operating systems in a new computer. And I didn't need these machines; they are for down the road when my 3 year old babies die:D.

I show DW all these posts and she has stopped blabbing about us belonging to the computer-of-the-year club.

there website is kinda on the left side instead of the full page. but its been like that for awhile for me. of course it may just be my screen. my laptop screen is a lil wider then most. :confused: no problems though. i go there 3 times a day to check and hope for the "upgrade fairy" to hit us for our sept cruise....:p

greg

Actually, it was like that this morning (previous thread on it somewhere) and not just on Vista. We have three computers and only one on Vista and all three were messed up this morning. They are now all working fine. It seems like some people were not affected, while others were but all were corrected at varying times. Hopefully, yours will be back to normal soon.

Clear cache and cookies and see what happens. A lot of times when you get something weird on a website that won't go away, you just have a cached version of the page on your PC with an error in it. Clearing out the cache makes it reload from the server on the next visit.

Firefox recommendation remains though. Much safer from garbage than IE.

Clear cache and cookies and see what happens. A lot of times when you get something weird on a website that won't go away, you just have a cached version of the page on your PC with an error in it. Clearing out the cache makes it reload from the server on the next visit.

That completely resolved the problem.

Thanks

I am using XP and am having this problem. It was ok yesterday but when I go on today I just have blue boxes down the side.

It only happens when I try to go into 'my cruises' I have emailed them to find out what the problem is but have not had a reply yet.

The suggestion about clearing cache & cookies. How do I do that?

Which is why I bought a new XP laptop and desktop this year before Microsoft made it near impossible to buy these operating systems in a new computer. And I didn't need these machines; they are for down the road when my 3 year old babies die:D.

I show DW all these posts and she has stopped blabbing about us belonging to the computer-of-the-year club.

Wow, why would you do that? When you are ready to use those 'new' computers they will already be years behind the technology curve. If you are THAT concerned about not being able to get XP on a new computer, why didn't you just buy a couple copies of XP and keep them for that time when you need a new computer. Then just reformat the drive on the new computer and load XP.

Very simple to do and a lot less investment than buying new computers that you don't even intend to use.:eek:

Has anyone experienced a problem using Windows Vista to access the RCCL website that began on 8-13-08?

Starting today the normal RCCL website displays vertically on the left side of my screen, followed by a long white space, then the site displays properly on the bottom of my screen (far below its normal position).

I am not experiencing any problems with any other websites - Only the RCCL website and it began today.

I also have a XP machine and am not having any display problems on that machine.

I have XP and when I go into RCI from my 'favourites' it is displaying vertically down the left hand side and not allowing me to carry out any manoeuvres such as online checkin etc. Had an email response to my query to say that they had had problems yesterday but it should be okay today but it is just the same. However, when I Google RCI and go in that way then I can actually eventually get to the login screen and access my booking. Its all very strange as it has only been happening since the weekend.

OK..... am in Vista on an acer laptop.... blue box down right hand side of screen on RCI website.... cleared cache and history. Tools - Internet options - General - . Still got the blue box. Doesn't bother me as the rest of the info is accessible. Please post a fix if there is one..... thanks.

THis is NOT a Vista Issue-it is-or was an issue on RCIs web server-if you are still seeing the problem clearing your browser cache and cookies should resolve it-and reboot your system after you clear your cache.

For the poster who bought XP systems for when your "babies" crash-umm why-Microsoft is no longer supporting XP-so you will get no security updates or other updates-technology will evolve-in two years the systems will be pretty useless and you will end up buying new computers. Vista is NOT the evil thing-XP was a NIGHTMARE when it was first released-and when Microsoft 7 is released everyone will want Vista-LOL. If you are that afraid of it but want a new computer-buy one with a big hard drive and install Fedora Core as a dual boot system.

Archived