Be sure to register online before your cruise

DAllenTCY

I am one of those who does not check in before a cruise. I also hate lines. I arrive about 2 hours before sailaway and am onboard within minutes.

If I was inclined to board earlier, as most folk do, I would pre-register so as not to create further delay for anyone else.

Guests that do not complete the registration process prior to embarkation are required to check-in at least 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time.

Please don't wait until the last minute.

David

Thanks David Good Advise icon14.gif

I personally have no problem with checking in on line and registering my CC. I have done it now 5 times since they implemented the new system and I love it and feel it is extremely secure (Why would HAL do anything else?)

BTW David will I be seeing you when I check in for the Oosterdam in just 9 weeks from Saturday? :)

To Lisa, I'll be at Terminal 2 again this year....that's why I haven't seen you lately. I've been at the airport instead of the pier for 2 years now.

To Hammybee, this is a new regulation that will be enforced beginning next month. Until now it really hasn't made any difference when you supply the information, but it will cause some to be denied boarding if everything on your Immigration Form hasn't been entered into the main database by 3:30pm on the day of sailing.

David

I registered on line for our upcoming Maasdam cruises. First time I have done it and it was fine but am not fully comfortable about it. I may or may not do it in the future. I refused to post our Am Ex credit card. Just my personal paranoia. :D

I am totally with you SAILS! I will complete all of the forms on line EXCEPT my Credit Card. I'm just not comfortable putting my CC on line for anything!

It has worked to my advantage the past 2-3 cruises. When they ask if I have completed registration on line, I say "yes" except for my CC #. They direct me to short line because most everyone else has completed the forms (and that is the loooong line)!!

When I get to the counter, I have all of my papers organized and my CC paper filled out with passport and CC available. A couple times they have even praised me for being organized.:D I like the short line!!

I'll give it a try again in Oct. :cool: Deb C.

I am wondering if any of you could answer this question for me......

I have registered us online already, but we always prefer to pay our bill by cash and they do allow for this on the online registration. Do any of you know how they handle this at check-in at the ship? Is there a special line for those of us who want (and have to) put the required amount of cash down to cover our bill?

Thanks for the help!!

I personally have no problem with checking in on line and registering my CC. I have done it now 5 times since they implemented the new system and I love it and feel it is extremely secure (Why would HAL do anything else?) /quote]

I have no concern with disclosing the required iformation or my credit card online. I am lazy.

Count me among those who has no problem with using my credit card on-line. I use it on-line all the time. Hubby is obsessive about checking it constantly, so we would know if there was anything amiss right away. Also prevents me from sneaking anything past him!:mad:

I have registered us online already' date=' but we always prefer to pay our bill by cash and they do allow for this on the online registration. Do any of you know how they handle this at check-in at the ship? Is there a special line for those of us who want (and have to) put the required amount of cash down to cover our bill?

Thanks for the help!![/quote']

No, there's no other line for that. When you reach the check-in counter and hand them your paperwork they'll ask you for your credit card too. I have simply said, "I'm paying by cash at the front desk." And they'll say "ok." Simple as that.

I usually wait until sometime late in the evening -- say, after 11 pm -- and go to the front desk and make my deposit then. There's usually not a line by then.

I registered on line for our upcoming Maasdam cruises. First time I have done it and it was fine but am not fully comfortable about it. I may or may not do it in the future. I refused to post our Am Ex credit card. Just my personal paranoia. :D

Then don't fill out that part of the online check-in ... click on the option for "pay by cash." Then, when you reach check-in, tell them you've changed your mind and want to register a card. They won't tell you "no."

I have no concern with disclosing the required iformation or my credit card online. I am lazy.

Then perhaps you'll want to arrive at the port 30 minutes or an hour earlier. You'll be cutting it awfully close by shooting to arriving 2 hours prior to departure. If you have traffic are vehicle trouble you might find yourself arriving 80 minutes prior to sail away, only to find yourself denied boarding due to this new regulation.

No, there's no other line for that. When you reach the check-in counter and hand them your paperwork they'll ask you for your credit card too. I have simply said, "I'm paying by cash at the front desk." And they'll say "ok." Simple as that.

I usually wait until sometime late in the evening -- say, after 11 pm -- and go to the front desk and make my deposit then. There's usually not a line by then.

Worked the same for us...we wanted to do cash and we were just told to go right ahead and do the deposit once we were onboard.

Guests that do not complete the registration process prior to embarkation are required to check-in at least 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time.

Please don't wait until the last minute.

David

I booked a day before the sailing, so I couldn't use the pre registration, and we arrived at the pier a hour before sailing to an empty terminal and no issues...

I have registered us online already' date=' but we always prefer to pay our bill by cash and they do allow for this on the online registration. Do any of you know how they handle this at check-in at the ship? Is there a special line for those of us who want (and have to) put the required amount of cash down to cover our bill?

Thanks for the help!![/quote']

HAL's registration allows for you to cover your bill with cash. The ask specifically whether you wish to register your credit card on line or will pay in cash.

Look at it again. :)

Then don't fill out that part of the online check-in ... click on the option for "pay by cash." Then, when you reach check-in, tell them you've changed your mind and want to register a card. They won't tell you "no."

:) I actually figured out to do just that, Greg. ;) I just LOOK dumb. :D

I checked cash on the registration........ When we check in, we will then give our credit card. I didn't even like entering our passport numbers. No such thing as 'safe site' IMO They're all safe until someone hacks into them.

I have a low limit credit card I got from one of our banks that I use exclusively to make internet purchases. I love having a card I don't have to worry if some hacker steals the number. AND won't have to jump through hoops to show it's a fraudulent charge if some mystery purchases appear on my bill.

This card is not suitable for our onboard account. We spend more than the limit I allow the bank to put as permitted. I never let them raise the limit.

I booked a day before the sailing, so I couldn't use the pre registration, and we arrived at the pier a hour before sailing to an empty terminal and no issues...

Thanks for this post. I wondered if anyone has actually been denied boarding because they arrived at the terminal 75 minutes before sailaway rather than 90 minutes.

Anyone know?

Thanks for this post. I wondered if anyone has actually been denied boarding because they arrived at the terminal 75 minutes before sailaway rather than 90 minutes.

Anyone know?

Your welcome... Our flight didn't land tell nearly 2pm and by the time we got our luggage and then had to wait for van cab, since there were four of us and lots of bags, we didn't get to the terminal till 3pm... fyi... the wife just reminded me that we really didn't get to check in till 10 or 15 minutes later, since we had to make tags for our luggage and then fill out all the paperwork for the four of us... so I guess she is right it was more like 45 minutes till sailing.... I was concerned but no one said a word

Up until next month this isn't a problem. Beginning in September, however, the regulations change. At least, that's what DAllenTCY is telling us ... and he is in a position to know. I wouldn't gamble a multi-thousand dollar cruise on it.

:) I actually figured out to do just that, Greg. ;) I just LOOK dumb. :D

No, Judy, you don't look dumb. It's just that I couldn't tell from your post if you realized that doing thus was an option. From the way you wrote it sounded like you used the online registration system for the first time but was uncomfortable with it because you thought you had to register a card and/or had to go with whatever it was you elected when you filled out the form.

Anyone know?

Again, as DAllenTCY stated in post number 4, this is a NEW regulation that hasn't yet gone into effect. Hence, you're not going to find anyone who yet who has been denied boarding.

Does ANYBODY really want to be first??? :eek: :cool: :rolleyes:

Your welcome... Our flight didn't land tell nearly 2pm and by the time we got our luggage and then had to wait for van cab, since there were four of us and lots of bags, we didn't get to the terminal till 3pm... fyi... the wife just reminded me that we really didn't get to check in till 10 or 15 minutes later, since we had to make tags for our luggage and then fill out all the paperwork for the four of us... so I guess she is right it was more like 45 minutes till sailing.... I was concerned but no one said a word

I'm very glad that such was the case.

DAllenTCY's "heads up" was that such won't be possible beginning next month. This is a NEW regulation that comes into effect next month. See his post number 4 on this thread.

Just in case anyone is confused this is not a HAL rule. It is to allow them to comply with new US government regulation concerning those leaving the country.

I doubt whether the credit card details are required to comply with this so it should not matter if you do or do not give the card details on the Online Check-In. In the past I have just gone to the Front Desk sometime during the cruise to change my payment details.

Thank you RevNeal and djhsolara!!

It sounds like it will be very easy.

sail7seas - I had already registered online and did answer that we would be paying by cash, I just needed to know how it was handled at check-in at the ship. Thanks though. :)

Archived