HALloween

bobpatj

Are you actually boarding the ship on Oct 31? If so -- doubt if much will go on.

Maybe a party around 10:30 in the Crow's nest.

We have been on ships when Halloween wasn't the first day. And there was a party at 10:30 -- costumes -- in the Crow's Nest. There were a few decorations in the Lido and dining room entrances.

The 7 day cruises attract a lot of people who book especailly for the holiday and come very prepared to party, on Halloween.

Looks like the Rotterdam will be calling in Barcelona on Halloween. I think it unlikely that Halloween will be as big a deal, given the intinerary.

Cannot speak to other ships or itineraries, but we were on Westerdam for Halloween and there was quite a large party in the Crow's Nest with guests and cruise staff dressed in costumes. It was a very fun night and turned into a rather large part of the cruise DVD.

Honestly, I do not know how many people brought the elaborate costumes that were worn (would have taken up too much precious luggage space for me ;) ). We brought simple things and fit right in.

I agree with Hammy, as I frequently do. I was on the Hal-o ween Dam group cruise and we had a big party and costume contest. We sailed from FLL. I doubt many people will be dragging costumes to an Eastern Med cruise tho. Ask on your roll call; maybe you can get something going.

Cheers

Mark

"On Halloween night, on all HAL cruises, cherished guests are required to dress up as a "towel animal" of their choice."

"This adds to the festivities of the evening, levels the playing field for all guests, and doesn't require any extra room in your luggage for costumes."

...from the HAL Guest Handbook... :D

What? You didn't get one sent to you??? ;)

seafun:

That is too funny! :D

Thank you all for your comments. We won't worry about taking any costumes. We'll be onboard for 39 days, so we don't need any additional things to pack! :D It's nice to know that there might be a party in the Crow's Nest.

A couple of years ago we were on Noordam for Halloween, and lots of people dressed up. They had the costume contest in the Crow's Nest, as I recall, and the art auction was funny with all the pirate swords being waved around (mine included!).

Bring a costume! Even if it is just an eyepatch, sash, and sword, it will get you into the spirit of the day!

06.11.02-At Sea-0014.jpg

Keep Smiling!!!!

Hi bobpatj,

Hope to see you in the Crow's Nest on Oct. 31 :D

BTW I collect Venetian masks and am hoping to find one to my liking for purchase in Rome or Messina. If I do, that will be my costume (in addition to my towels of course ;) ). What will you be wearing??

(the other) Nancy

Archived