Captain's Gala

I am about to embark on lucky cruise number thirteen, and I have never been to the Captain's party. I know that you get to stand in line to have your picture taken with the Captain, the staff is introduced, and there are some sort of free alcoholic beverages circulating. Since I avoid cameras, don't like to stand in line, don't want the captain to leave his wife because he's dazzled by my beauty and am allergic to champagne, I've never felt any sort of loss in those areas. But, am I missing anything else? I mean they don't put all the cabin numbers in the captain's hat and do a drawing for a free cruise???? :) There is no prize for the most frequent RCI cruiser??? Is there anything that would want to make me get in my formal attire an hour early and head for the reception???

I am about to embark on lucky cruise number thirteen, and I have never been to the Captain's party. I know that you get to stand in line to have your picture taken with the Captain, the staff is introduced, and there are some sort of free alcoholic beverages circulating. Since I avoid cameras, don't like to stand in line, don't want the captain to leave his wife because he's dazzled by my beauty and am allergic to champagne, I've never felt any sort of loss in those areas. But, am I missing anything else? I mean they don't put all the cabin numbers in the captain's hat and do a drawing for a free cruise???? :) There is no prize for the most frequent RCI cruiser??? Is there anything that would want to make me get in my formal attire an hour early and head for the reception???

If it's just the champagne, you can usually get an alternative beverage if you ask. I don't drink at all, but my wife will sometimes so you go for the free drinks. If your that good looking then you may get invited to dine with the Captain for dinner one night if he is one of the Captains that does those kinds of things:D

Bruce

It's an open bar, if you know about it! Most folks will take the champagne or whatever drink they offer as you walk in, but just say "No, Thanks", and head to the bar for whatever you want! (No top-shelf, tho!) They will have Hors D'Oeuvres, too. Usually one of the bands will play...we've never done the "picture with the Captain" thing, tho--you don't have to! We go and get a little "buzz" going, then head to dinner (late seating!)

:cool: I knew that those gals in Texas were beautiful, but that Captain could not keep up with you Vicki. HOWEVER---Instead of champagne they do have the following:

1. Currs long necks

2. Pearl Light

3. Toasted Armadillo on water crackers

4. Fried cat fish (heat and tail on)

5. shrimp stuffed jalapino

6. brisket smoked with mesquite

7. frozen margaritas

8. Your picture taken with Tony Romo w/o Jessica Simpson

9. Autographed picture of Tom Landry

Now isn't that plenty of reason to attend?

P.S Take care of my (our) cabin 8088 and remind that cabin attendant that I like a full ice bucket daily :cool: JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

Darn, Jack, I was afraid that they wouldn't have the good stuff any more since the Rhapsody left Texas. That was another reason I didn't want to go. But if you are sure that they still do, I just might have to get dressed up an hour early.

P.S. DH looks great with his tux jacket on over his overalls.

DH and I never go to these, but when I was with friends on our 3rd Annual Chick Cruise, we were on the Monarch and wanted a picture with Captain Karin, so I did go then. And the picture turned out well, in spite of me being in it!!!

Archived