Best place to buy leather gloves and silk ties?

Hi

We will be stopping in Rome, Naples, Athens, Santorini, Rhodes, Mykanos, Istanbul and Kusadasai. My sons want leather gloves and silk ties, but last time I was in Europe, Florence was the best place for me to find these things. Can anyone suggest where I should buy them considering the above itinerary?

Kusadasai has some beautiful leather products. My husband bought a coat there a couple of years ago and he gets complimented on it all the time.

I THINK the name of the shop was Sultan. Our Trafalgar tour director said she buys all her leather there. They gave us a great discount, too.

if you go into Rome, you'll visit the Trevi fountain for sure. There's a tie shop right on one corner of the piazza. My husband bought all his ties in Rome before he retired, all over the city. That shop has a nice collection and is not too expensive, either. There's a great leather glove shop not far from the Gesu, but it was closed for summer holidays when we were there last month.

If you don't find any leather gloves you like, I noticed last time I was in Rome they had a shop in FCO that sold them for only a couple of euro more than I bought in Florence and they had every color.

In Rome:

The best gloves -- Sermoneta right across from the Spanish steps.

Silk ties -- you can find anything from approx. $10 ties at some of the markets or small vendors to $80 silk ties made especially for you at Pellicano, near the Pantheon.

In Rome:

The best gloves -- Sermoneta right across from the Spanish steps.

Silk ties -- you can find anything from approx. $10 ties at some of the markets or small vendors to $80 silk ties made especially for you at Pellicano, near the Pantheon.

I recall someone else mentionning the glove place near the Spanish steps(maybe it was you on another post!). Do you know the prices (approx.)?

Thanks,

Laura

I recall someone else mentionning the glove place near the Spanish steps(maybe it was you on another post!). Do you know the prices (approx.)?

Thanks,

Laura

In 2006 I got two pairs with cashmere lining for about $100 total on sale. A pair normally runs $65 to $100. It may sound expensive, but the experience of being fitted is amazing. And the gloves are holding up beautifully so far.

Sermoneta are known for all the beautiful colors of leather that they carry. If you like gloves, you'll be in heaven.

Archived