Maasdam vs Noordam

RunningDeer

I would guess revenue has something to do with the difference as Maasdam holds less pax than Noordam. I noticed the same thing since Maasdam is doing almost the same Caribbean itinerary as the Noordam. When I saw the huge price difference, I jumped on the Noordam cruise. Whatever the reason, I consider it a bargain in comparison. Happy Sailing!

We have been checking several itineraires -- the Maasdam is way over priced!!

We have been comparing her on Canada/New England cruises -- she is costing way more than Princess!!

Keep it up HAL and you will start to lose customers!

On the other hand, if you compare the Maasdam's repositioning cruise from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale with that of the Royal Princess, adjusted on a per diem basis, the Maasdam is much cheaper.

Can anyone tell me why the Maasdam Verandahs are $700 - $1000 more than the Noordam's for the same trip (Southern Caribbean), same time of year, same length of trip?

Because they're larger, and considered a higher category than the Noordam balconies - indeed, the Maasdam balconies used to be called mini-suites. When I was shopping for my Jan. cruise, I often noted that the Maasdam verandahs were priced at the same level as Vista-class SS category suites.

I've noticed this on most cruise lines - the older ships tend to be more expensive when it comes to verandahs/balconies over those of the new ships. I tend to agree with Bill S. in that it appears that newer ships are almost all balconies over the older ships and thus the numbers available have something to do with the pricing.

Since I don't need a balcony myself I booked an outside cabin on the Maasdam next year for our New England/Canada cruise. I would love to have a verandah on that trip but I do have a price point myself. And I refuse to stay home and not travel!

David

I've noticed this on most cruise lines - the older ships tend to be more expensive when it comes to verandahs/balconies over those of the new ships. I tend to agree with Bill S. in that it appears that newer ships are almost all balconies over the older ships and thus the numbers available have something to do with the pricing. Its all to do with sheer volume.

Since I don't need a balcony myself I booked an outside cabin on the Maasdam next year for our New England/Canada cruise. I would love to have a verandah on that trip but I do have a price point myself.

David

Archived