Would You Like To See Princess add more ships to the Caribbean?

Sandytoes

Vote for your choice  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your choice

• Like to see the CB change port itinerary during July & August?
    • Add more ships to Caribbean - all year round out of NY?
    • Add more Eastern ports to cruise out of during the summer months?
    • Keep the sailings just the way they are?

I'd like to see Princess add more ships to the Caribbean. If they want to add slowly, alternate Eastern/Western one year with Southern the other year. I teach and summer is about the only time I can cruise.

Princess once did do these types of Caribbean cruises. We did a B2B Western / Eastern Caribbean on the Grand in Aug. But with the popularity of Alaska and Europe, plus their expansion into Asia, Australia, etc... the Caribbean loses out because it most likely in not a profitable. If it was they would still be doing it in the summer time.

No to more ships in the Caribbean. It's not my favourite place in the world. the world is a big place..... let's do more US/Canada/Asia/Australasia....

It might not be your ideal place to cruise which is fine,

but it still continues to attract the majority of cruisers who love sailing to the Caribbean.

No to more ships in the Caribbean. It's not my favourite place in the world. the world is a big place..... let's do more US/Canada/Asia/Australasia....

DITTO. Just like Mexico.... all the islands start looking the same after while. We like seeing new and exciting places.... as well as bouncing around on the ocean. :D

would like to see a west coast variation on the mr cruise, like 7 days lax to aca, with zihuat and huatulco as additional ports, and not the 10 day out of sfo as the only choice for lower mexico. Not that I dislike the sfo rt, but there are alot of at sea days there . They probably will not devote another ship to the mr though. I don' t think they should eliminate the rt sfo, but there are only I think 5 cruises like that for winter/spring 08-09/

I would pretty happily sail any 10-day itinerary to the Caribbean from just about any Southern US port. I love FLL, but I would be thrilled to sail from Galveston/Houston.

At the very least, I would love to see *something* in the Caribbean in the summer. I know a lot of people aren't crazy about it, but we don't mind it.

I get really jetlagged and I can't really do cruises that involve too much east/west travel, gotta go north/south -- I need 2-3 days to recover after arriving. We also still have a child at home so I won't leave for more than 12 days. We've been fortunate to travel there, but just not able to cruise to Europe or Asia just now. So, for now, cruises for us are to the Caribbean.

would like to see a west coast variation on the mr cruise, like 7 days lax to aca, with zihuat and huatulco as additional ports, and not the 10 day out of sfo as the only choice for lower mexico. Not that I dislike the sfo rt, but there are alot of at sea days there . They probably will not devote another ship to the mr though. I don' t think they should eliminate the rt sfo, but there are only I think 5 cruises like that for winter/spring 08-09/

Personally, I would not see that as a popular option. Been to Acapulco and would hate to think of flying into or out of it. I wonder how wide the options are for getting to and from a multitude of US airports.

Been to Huatulco and it is no big whoop.... and I doubt Zihuatanejo would be much different. Not much there for sight seeing.

I would like to see all cruise lines return to a few more summer cruises to the CAribbean. As a TA, I have so many problems finding cruises for families that do not want to do Alaska, can't afford to fly to Europe and really want more ports than offered on Bermuda cruises.

Of course there are those who don't really like the Caribbean like a few have stated with comments like more cruises to Asia, and Australia. This is all fine but the average cruiser does not have that type of disposable funds nor the time for cruising the Pacific rim..

Nita

Personally, I would not see that as a popular option. Been to Acapulco and would hate to think of flying into or out of it. I wonder how wide the options are for getting to and from a multitude of US airports.

Been to Huatulco and it is no big whoop.... and I doubt Zihuatanejo would be much different. Not much there for sight seeing.

I happen to agree with you: we did 2 Mexian Riv cruises last year: that was enough. The ports are alike, Acapulco did nothing for us and Cabo, though nice is so touristy. We did like Z though.

Nita

I'll beg too. Princess and all the other cruise lines listen to what we spend.... not wish. Local US routes to Mexico, Hawaii, Caribbean are the least profitable to the lines. They will saturate the foreign (non-US) itineraries because they are more profitable. Just look at the rates of those cruises.

If someone cannot afford the total cost... flights, extra stays, etc......then those are the penny pinching cruisers the lines do not care about loosing. ;)

Cruise lines won't be making big profits on these folks. They will be the booze smugglers, self tourists, who don't spend their money for the big ticket extras.

What new trend in cruising. :confused: Why do you think the North Americans are the "future" for the cruise lines. :rolleyes: The Europeans, Asians, Aussies, etc are becoming the big spenders the lines will be courting.

Besides... the US markets are already saturated. Many folks will tire quickly of Mexico / Caribbean / Hawaii.... and besides....cruising up and down the east or west coast is boring.

Don't kid yourself, you may think those who don't have the spendable income you seem to have are not of value to lines like Princess, but let me tell you something: this is far from the truth. Cruiselines make money on the middle income family because that is what most people are and cruising is something ever some in the lower incomes are starting to pick up on. Some will cruise PRincess because often Princess has lower rates than some of the lines you probably would not consider. As for cruising the east and west coast, to you this may be boring, you can continue to do the Asia Pacific, Europe, and the likes, but many don't have the time for long cruises or haven't seen either coast. For them a cruise from say, Vancouver to San Diego can make a wonderful vacation and no these are not always the booze smuggling cruisers.

Nita

The Caribbean is already overcrowded. Six, Seven, Eight 2400+ pass ships in a port at one time is way more than I would care to have. So what are the cruise line's options... head to smaller / dinkier islands with nothing to do but go to the beach (which I do enjoy).

Just like one of your links cited, the ships are cutting back sailing distance (ie dropping Aruba... which is no loss). So why would they want to sail their ships farther distances (for instance Balt, Philly, etc) to the Caribbean.

I consider myself somewhat affluent.......And I could care less about nickel diming because I still have a choice to pay or not pay. Why would affluent clientele be the complainers if they can afford it. :confused: Makes no sense nor is there any evidence. From what I see on these boards it is the "budget" cruisers complaining.

It is all what we choose to spend our cruise dollars on. I notice you say Europe is "Way out of your league" and also note in another post "You should look at by cruise bill". So it seems your choice is spend more on board and less on your cruise / air fares. Mine is probably just the opposite of yours.

I think it is obvious you consider yourself somewhat affluent...

Nita

I don't think Princess or any other cruise line would have a hard time filling ships that sail to different Caribbean ports of call.

As time goes by, I do think the Caribbean Princess will ( hard time filling the ship) if they keep the same itinerary.

You're kidding - Princess has had no trouble filling ships sailing the same old stale Los Angeles to Mexican Riviera itinerary that they've been sailing for 35 years. And Princess isn't the only cruise line to do the run.

There was a time when Princess sailed nothing to the Caribbean in the summer - I think y'all are spoiled.

You're kidding - Princess has had no trouble filling ships sailing the same old stale Los Angeles to Mexican Riviera itinerary that they've been sailing for 35 years. And Princess isn't the only cruise line to do the run.

There was a time when Princess sailed nothing to the Caribbean in the summer - I think y'all are spoiled.

:confused:

Kidding?

Believe me you'll know when I'm kidding....Well maybe...:o..:p

I don't remember when Princess never sailed the Caribbean.

All I know, is that I've been cruising on Princess to the Caribbean

for the past decade and plan on doing it in the next.

Hopefully that is. ;)

And by the number of votes, it looks like others are too.

:)

If cruising to the Caribbean will spoil me - bring it on....:D

Archived