Would You Like To See Princess add more ships to the Caribbean?

Sandytoes

Vote for your choice  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your choice

• Like to see the CB change port itinerary during July & August?
    • Add more ships to Caribbean - all year round out of NY?
    • Add more Eastern ports to cruise out of during the summer months?
    • Keep the sailings just the way they are?

If I have a vote I certainly would not assign more Princess ships to the Caribbean.

There are so many interesting places to cruise and exotic places to see in this wide, wide world and Princess has a lead in using its fleet to take passengers to those places.

Most cuisers have been there and done that and want to move on.

Princess Cruises:

Grand Princess 2008 Europe (Uk to Rome) Aug 2008

Golden Princess 2008 Europe Baltic Sea

Dawn Princess 2007 Mexican Riviera

Island Princess 2007 Panama Canal

Royal Princess 2007 Europe (Mediterranean)

Golden Princess 2006 Europe (Round British Isles)

Golden Princess 2006 Caribbean (Southern)

Golden Princess 2005 Caribbean (Eastern)

Star Princess 2004 Europe (Mediterranean)

Island Princess 2003 Alaska

Other:

River Harmony 2007 Great Rivers of Europe

Grandeur of the Seas 2007 Caribbean (Western)

River Adagio 2005 Danube (Vienna to Black Sea)

River Concerto 2004 Danube (Christmas Markets)

Princess never had a embarkment port in Barbados nor Jamaica.

They did have a Southern cruise from sailing out of San Juan a few years back, which was great. With ports of call - Barbados, St Lucia, Antiguqa, St Thomas and St Maarten

Actually, if you check out their website they DO have future cruises in both ports, its why I mentioned it.

http://www.princess.com/pb/searchResults.do?time=197&trade=C&duration=&ship=&date=0110&orderBy=&filterBy=&resType=C&pageOffset=

http://www.princess.com/pb/searchResults.do?trade=C&duration=&tourdur=&ship=&date=0110&port=&order=&orderBy=&filterBy=&pageOffset=1&resType=C

Sorry, what I should have said was even though Barbados and Jamaica are embarment ports, there are no sailings during the June, July, August.

There are so many interesting places to cruise and exotic places to see in this wide, wide world and Princess has a lead in using its fleet to take passengers to those places.

Most cuisers have been there and done that and want to move on.

I agree the world has so much to see. That is why Princess should have ships throughout the world.

But, can't there be a happy medium for those who are happy cruising the Caribbean?

You can't get an Island feel - seeing the entire Island, experiencing all that it offers, just by visiting it once in a day, now can you?

You need to keep going back - seeing and doing different things.

That goes for any where you travel.

I would like to see Princess add more ships on the east and west coast period. I am more interested in visiting port up and the down the east coast then seeing another carribbean island. Same goes for the west coast.

Princess never had a embarkment port in Barbados nor Jamaica.

They did have a Southern cruise from sailing out of San Juan a few years back, which was great. With ports of call - Barbados, St Lucia, Antiguqa, St Thomas and St Maarten

What about the Sea Princess?

No matter how much people might wish it to be so, summer is not the ideal season for the Caribbean. I don't think it's out of line for Princess to only have one ship operating there during low season; imagine the outcry if they devoted even one, much less two or more, ships to Europe in the wintertime, for example. Having said that, it would be nice if they mixed up the summertime itineraries a little more: maybe one Eastern and one Western. And, I'll say it for the millionth time: puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze bring back the week-long sailings to Bermuda. Or even --daring to dream here -- a 10-day which also included stops in Charleston or Savannah. . .

I enjoy the Caribbean during wintertime when I'm cold and the snow is piled up outside. But why would I want to go to a hot climate when I'm already sweltering from the heat at home during the summer?? That's when I enjoy going somewhere mild or cool. So, no, I don't think they need more ships to the Caribbean in summer. But I would like more ships embarking from East Coast ports so maybe I won't always have to fly.

Come back to Galveston....:D :D :D With the longer itineraries.

I have to agree.

We never had an opportunity to sail out of Galveston.

This would make it more convenient and easier on the pocketbook for some.

Especially for those who cannot afford such luxury to travel the globe to sail on a cruise ship.

Add more ships....:confused: So instead of having the usual 4 or 5 ships in port we will now have 6 or 7..... The caribbean is far to saturated with ships. I saw this when I cruised there back in the 90's. This is why I don't return....Even Europe is starting to get this way....Not trying to bag on anyone, if you like the caribbean by all means enjoy...Just stating MHO.

Bob

You do have a point there. Some of those islands can only handle so many tourists at a time.

We would love to see another choice from New Orleans . . then we could drive to the ship.

We like the caribbean- just not really interested in Alaska . . husband is limited by flight times- too long & Expensive to fly to Europe

You are saying there are not enough Princess caribbean cruises in the summer? Well, what about October?

Most of my cruises have been on Carnival and all of my cruises except for one have been to the caribbean. There are so many ports/islands to see and that is my favorite place to go. I took my first cruise on Princess a few months ago in April and did the Mexican Riviera. I have no desire to return. I loved Princess, but to me, the Mexican Riviera doesn't even compare to the caribbean. I can't get enough of the caribbean. A friend of mine said she'd go on a cruise with me and her only available month was October. I searched all the cruises and we found two Princess cruises. One was one (one-way) from NY to San Juan at the end of Oct. The ONLY other cruise was the Crown Princess. I went online to see about booking a balcony cabin on the Crown and lo and behold, there were none to be found for the month of Oct. Waitlist only. Therefore, I booked a Carnival cruise. I do like Carnival and I've read rave reviews about the ship I'm going on, but I wanted to try the Crown Princess. So, it isn't just the summer months. Obviously there is a shortage in the fall as well.

I don't care to cruise in the summer months, but how about the fall? I realize October is still in hurricane season, but its towards the end.

But, as some of you have said, there are already too many ships at the caribbean ports. You can find 2, 3 or 4 or even sometimes 6 at the same port on a given day. Six is a lot! I wish they could add more ports/islands to the itinerary and spread the ships out a little bit. I also wish that they could take some of the Carnival ships and bring them to ports that really need them. A few on the east coast and a few more in the Gulf of Mexico. If they would remove some of the Carnival ships out of Florida, then they could replace them with a couple Princess ships.

The caribbean is a very popular place to cruise. It's also less expensive for people to fly to Florida than to fly overseas for a cruise. And, since there are so many ships that do sail the caribbean, how could it not be profitable? I'm not sure where some of you are coming up with that? Is that from a reliable source? If it weren't profitable, I wouldn't think there would be so many cruises out of Florida.

Since Carnival owns Princess, maybe this is how they want it to be, right? I have seen a lot of loyal Princess cruisers over on the Carnival boards asking questions about the Carnival caribbean cruise they've just booked.

Of course, I don't work for the cruise lines, so what do I know? Just giving you my 2 cents. :)

While we're dreaming here....I'd like to see Princess leave from Norfolk so I could experience driving to a port--pretty please Princess!

I agree! That would also be a nice change. I'd love to cruise out of Virginia and also the Carolinas, with stops in the Bahamas, Bermuda and down to the northern caribbean islands.....USVI or BVI. I've always wanted to visit Virginia and the Carolinas. I would book one in a minute!

I can't get enough of the caribbean.

Since Carnival owns Princess, maybe this is how they want it to be, right? I have seen a lot of loyal Princess cruisers over on the Carnival boards asking questions about the Carnival caribbean cruise they've just booked.

Of course, I don't work for the cruise lines, so what do I know? Just giving you my 2 cents. :)

I wasn't aware that the Fall months were also affected by a shortage of cruise ships in the Caribbean. We were on the Crown. Beautiful ship.

Hopefully, you'll have a chance to sail on her.

Funny you should mention Princess passengers checking out other cruise lines to the Caribbean.

I was just doing that the other day. We just sailed on the CB and did the itinerary twice. I want to cruise to different ports of call. The only way I can do this is by cruising on a different line. Either Carnival or RC.

I wasn't aware that the Fall months were also affected by a shortage of cruise ships in the Caribbean. We were on the Crown. Beautiful ship.

Hopefully, you'll have a chance to sail on her.

Funny you should mention Princess passengers checking out other cruise lines to the Caribbean.

I was just doing that the other day. We just sailed on the CB and did the itinerary twice. I want to cruise to different ports of call. The only way I can do this is by cruising on a different line. Either Carnival or RC.

I didn't check Sept. or Nov. because Oct. was the only month I could go. But, I really was interested in the Crown Princess. Have you cruised on Carnival or RCI? Of course, everyone has their opinion and every ship and every cruise is different. I did not care for my RCI cruise at all. But, one of these days I'll probably try them again. The reason I say that is, the worst cruise I ever had was on a Carnival ship, the Destiny. I swore I'd never step foot on a Carnival ship again. Well, time went by and they say time heals all wounds, LOL. And I booked a few more Carnival cruises. They were all very nice. If you go on the bigger, newer ships I think you'll be quite pleased. The shorter cruises they offer are on the older ships and the crowd may be a little different than what you might find on the 7+ day cruises. The food is definitely better on Carnial vs RCI and the beds are to die for. I prefer the decor on the Princess ships over Carnival's, but it isn't that bad....

I'm not loyal to any cruiseline. I pick out the ports I want to go to, then find a cruise ship that will take me there. :) If I didn't do that, I'd be missing out on alot of places. I just always like to go the caribbean route and Carnival has so many choices. So, my vote goes to putting more Princess ships in the caribbean.

Archived