No Kids Cruise

liz000

God bless you for speaking the truth! :D DH and I have raised 2 kids and have 1 grandbaby and one on the way. We love kids, but would love to cruise with adults only. We're not entirely sure why those of us who say that are labeled 'kid haters.' I agree with earlier posters who say that they would love to cruise with all the kids mentioned on these boards, since they're apparently all angels. We've done our part - our kids are now adults and we're not appreciative of the many parents who let the railings of the ship be the babysitters. I just don't understand folks who bring their tiny babies on cruises who could not possibly remember or comprehend the experience. :confused: It doesn't make me a 'kid hater,' just a curious parent.

Hey Sammy

How could you possibly be old enough to have a grandchild enroute????

People look at her picture! Can't be!!!;)

I would not mind an Adults Only cruise. But off season cruising does not have a lot of kids and is certainly less expensive than any "specialty" cruise.

Its not kids that are THE problem. The kids are just symptoms of the REAL problem. And that is parents that are both too lazy and too stupid to teach their kids.

Too lazy to make the effort to teach kids 24/7. Too stupid to KNOW that they must take the time and spend the energy to teach 24/7.

Too lazy to realize that not teaching IS teaching the wrong lessons 24/7.

Too stupid to know that the kids ARE learning 24/7.

Too stupid to understand that the kids will find their own "friends." Too stupid to realize they have to be parents 24/7, not friends. Stern and cold parents or warm and loving parents is not so important as being PARENTS.

Parenting is a JOB. It is not an easy job, it is hard and tiring. But when the time and effort are put forward, is can be a very rewarding job.

Too many of todays "parents" need to be fired from the job they are not doing anyway.

Dan

Best post on this subject!

I have three kids and I don't like to be around kids when Dh and I are on vacation. MY kids are very well-behaved-- it's OTHER people's kids I have a problem with. :D (Seriously, I get compliments from stodgy older people about how well behaved my kids are..... everyone should teach for 8 years like I did before having kids....)...

Having said that, I do also take my kids out of school for vacations (since school vacations are DH's busiest work times). I think that is good for them though because they don't have to deal with jerk kids either.

:D :D :cool:

How about a no A holes cruise. Any age.

Luckily there are more cruisers that are not A holes, any age, yet the A holes always stand out.

if you could pull that off, then this subject wouldn't be necessary. No a-holes would mean that any parents on board would be doing their job and the kids would be great to sail with.

So, if you think about it, your idea makes more sense all around.

Reminds me of the Sex and the City episode when Harry walked around the apartment naked and Charlotte had a problem with his naked bum on her white furniture LOL

I remember that epsiode and I would have a problem with that too. yuk

We setup our CC Group in early June for the destination, departure port, and pricing.;) Since we're going June 7 there should be less kids, but all parents and their well behaved children are welcome!:D

Just to let you know..lots of schools in Florida let out in late May to early June.

Early June is a good time to go, but it may still have lots of kids..

Parenting is a JOB. It is not an easy job, it is hard and tiring. But when the time and effort are put forward, is can be a very rewarding job.

Dan

How right you are Dan! For over 18 years I have been called "too strict" "overbearing" "domineering" "party pooper" "worrywart" etc etc. Not only by my own kids, but by other parents also! :mad: Sometimes I thought I would run away and join the circus, surely the monkeys would not give me half as much grief.

A few months ago, out of nowhere, 18 year old DS says, "You know, mom, dad, I'm so glad you guys taught me manners." :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Just like that. Nonchalantly. Never mentioned it again.

DH and I were speechless. I had to go to my room, shut the door, and I cried. I felt so vindicated! I wanted to find all those other parents and say, "Nyah! Nyah!"

And to stay on topic, my 18 and 19 year old DS's have already gotten the speech about appropriate behavior towards guests and staff on our upcoming cruise. Consequences include forfeiture of S&S cards LOL. Hopefully we will all have a nice cruise!

She whispers to my sister "doesn't that man look like he doesn't have a bathing suit on.. as she got those words out of her mouth, the man turned around...

One of my regrets on that cruise is that I did not have my camera ready at that moment. If you could have seen her face. Priceless for sure.

Thanks for sharing that story cathyoo....I laughed so hard, my eyes teared up! :D

How about a no A holes cruise. Any age.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall for an "A hole only" cruise... Could you imagine the rukus and verbal back and forth...? :eek: They could have a "Biggest A hole" competition... where the winner gets a golden A hole on a stick. :D

There could be all kinds of categories... most cigarett butts put out on the deck and left there... right next to the ash receptical. And the chair hogs... OMG... that would be a butte to see... :eek:

I'd like to be a fly on the wall for an "A hole only" cruise... Could you imagine the rukus and verbal back and forth...? :eek: They could have a "Biggest A hole" competition... where the winner gets a golden A hole on a stick. :D

There could be all kinds of categories... most cigarett butts put out on the deck and left there... right next to the ash receptical. And the chair hogs... OMG... that would be a butte to see... :eek:

VentureMan, you're on your own for that A hole only cruise, I have a previous commitment on those dates.:rolleyes:

Dan

We setup our CC Group in early June for the destination, departure port, and pricing.;) Since we're going June 7 there should be less kids, but all parents and their well behaved children are welcome!:D

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but my kids get out of school May 24. I can't even think of who would still be in school June 7. ETA: I see you are in New York. Is it common there to get out so late?

How many people here would love to book a cruise without any children on it? Say, above 25 years old only. I think it would be cool!

A cruise that is decade specific would be fun too. Those born in the 40's or 50's or 60's or 70's or 80's

What do you all think?:p

Sounds okay to me. Kids don't bother me too much on cruises, though; the things I enjoy doing--relaxing, gazing at the horizon, enjoying a civilized meal--are hellish experiences for most kids, so they're typically off somewhere else.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but my kids get out of school May 24. I can't even think of who would still be in school June 7. ETA: I see you are in New York. Is it common there to get out so late?

In Philadelphia school starts getting out second week in June with a lot of schools closing the third week. If your kids get out May 24th when do they go back???

Wow, a lot of people on this thread seem to be ready to move up to HAL. :rolleyes:

The kids are one thing, but imagine being upset because people are having fun at the Craps table.

I'd rather be at the craps table having fun, then sitting at a black jack table with all the anal retentive types that have a coronary every time someone makes a play they don't like.

How right you are Dan! For over 18 years I have been called "too strict" "overbearing" "domineering" "party pooper" "worrywart" etc etc. Not only by my own kids, but by other parents also! :mad: Sometimes I thought I would run away and join the circus, surely the monkeys would not give me half as much grief.

A few months ago, out of nowhere, 18 year old DS says, "You know, mom, dad, I'm so glad you guys taught me manners." :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Just like that. Nonchalantly. Never mentioned it again.

DH and I were speechless. I had to go to my room, shut the door, and I cried. I felt so vindicated! I wanted to find all those other parents and say, "Nyah! Nyah!"

And to stay on topic, my 18 and 19 year old DS's have already gotten the speech about appropriate behavior towards guests and staff on our upcoming cruise. Consequences include forfeiture of S&S cards LOL. Hopefully we will all have a nice cruise!

My DS (22) one day after his gf broke up with him, asked me why we had to raise them to be so nice and polite. He was referring to how he couldn't be mean to her. LOL

I was also accused of being overprotective, a worry wart, etc and I have two wonderful young men to show for it. So, give me an overprotective parent over one who wants to just be their kids friend any day. My kids are now my friends, as adults. And they open doors for others, say please and thank you and have always been complimented on how nice they are and how well behaved they always were. And, now as adults, they are totally independent and successful and happy. What a burden we placed on them by being strict.

Never been bothered by children. Have been bothered by a few drunks. Can we have a cruise without allowing loud obnoxious drunks? No, just kidding, I know those drunks with big bar bills pay for my cruising to keep prices low.

Ditto!

Wow, a lot of people on this thread seem to be ready to move up to HAL. :rolleyes:

The kids are one thing, but imagine being upset because people are having fun at the Craps table.

I'd rather be at the craps table having fun, then sitting at a black jack table with all the anal retentive types that have a coronary every time someone makes a play they don't like.

LOL

Reminds me of our previous posts.. give me a hard eight over a hard a$$ at the black jack table anyday LOL

Archived