No Kids Cruise

liz000

Maybe I'm immune because I'm a Mom

Sorry, that doesn't fly with me. I am a Mom of 3 and a grandma of 6 and while I love my family and have no objections to children in general, give me an all-adults cruise anytime. Yes, you have adults that act like children, but they normally count for a small minority of the people on board, while 5 or 6 unruly teenagers can ruin a perfectly good dinner meal or a evening on the Lido deck.

Years ago we were on a cruise that docked at New Orleans for a port call. To get there, we went up the Mississippi around midnite. While most people were sitting on deck enjoying the sites, 4 teenage boys were taking turns hanging off the side of the banisters. Their parents were no where around. Security had to be called to keep these"children" from hurting themselves by falling overboard.

So, I vote for no children!:cool:

Especially the part about the swinger cruisers.:rolleyes:

found it very intersting and enlighting. I didn't realize hot pink bracelets meant anything. Swinging too much like dating for me. I spent 40 years teaching my old dog lots of new tricks..

nude cruising... I really dislike clothing... have no trouble with other people's bodies (just with the one that belongs to me) but is nude all the time?? Would my naked sit where you naked butt just was sitting? Would I eat naked?

When we went to Orient beach we told my mother it was a clothing optional beach. We were sitting in a pavillion where they served food at picnic tables. We are people watching and my mom would say "how about that" every once in awhile. What we didn't know was that my 75 year old mother thought "clothing optional" meant topless. I guess her eyesight isn't what it used to be.

An elderly man came into the pavillon and ordered some food. He was standing next to our table and with my mom sitting she was at eye level with his bottom half. He had his back to her and she was talking to my sister when I notice she is sort of squinting and staring at the man's behind. She whispers to my sister "doesn't that man look like he doesn't have a bathing suit on.. as she got those words out of her mouth, the man turned around...

One of my regrets on that cruise is that I did not have my camera ready at that moment. If you could have seen her face. Priceless for sure.

found it very intersting and enlighting. I didn't realize hot pink bracelets meant anything. Swinging too much like dating for me. I spent 40 years teaching my old dog lots of new tricks..

nude cruising... I really dislike clothing... have no trouble with other people's bodies (just with the one that belongs to me) but is nude all the time?? Would my naked sit where you naked butt just was sitting? Would I eat naked?

When we went to Orient beach we told my mother it was a clothing optional beach. We were sitting in a pavillion where they served food at picnic tables. We are people watching and my mom would say "how about that" every once in awhile. What we didn't know was that my 75 year old mother thought "clothing optional" meant topless. I guess her eyesight isn't what it used to be.

An elderly man came into the pavillon and ordered some food. He was standing next to our table and with my mom sitting she was at eye level with his bottom half. He had his back to her and she was talking to my sister when I notice she is sort of squinting and staring at the man's behind. She whispers to my sister "doesn't that man look like he doesn't have a bathing suit on.. as she got those words out of her mouth, the man turned around...

One of my regrets on that cruise is that I did not have my camera ready at that moment. If you could have seen her face. Priceless for sure.

Pink bracelets are news to me also. I love the story about your mother. We didn't go to Orient beach when we were in St. Martin even though we'd heard lots about it. I too don't have the inclination to teach anyone anything new after 27 years of marriage to DH. I like the monogamy deal and so does he. I just found it interesting how that thread deteriorated into swinging and nude cruising. Some people read their own biases into simple statements/questions of others.

"Adults-only" cruises are likely to not happen as most adults are not willing to book more than two to a cabin... unless the other passengers are children. Children added to cabin is pure gravy-train in profits for the cruiselines.

I just prefer to cruise during non-peak children cruises...

Best of luck. :)

Did you know that P&O cruises has TWO ships (Artemis and Arcadia) that are adult only and sell out? I wish the mainstream cruise lines here would at least offer ONE ship that is adult only.

I don't hate kids, I just wish to vacation on my favorite type of vacation without them due to my high stress job. I do cruise when school is session and do longer cruises, but you will invariably find people who will justify taking their kids out of school (and they are the ones who tell us to cruise when school is session to avoid kids), and then there are those who are home schooled or those whose school districts are on some type of year round schedule; or those who have younger than school aged children.

Other types of vacations (resorts, spas, etc) have adult only venues. Why can't more cruise lines?

my kid is a pain in the a**. i love her but cruises are for us. adults only, we are doing our part.:)

God bless you for speaking the truth! :D DH and I have raised 2 kids and have 1 grandbaby and one on the way. We love kids, but would love to cruise with adults only. We're not entirely sure why those of us who say that are labeled 'kid haters.' I agree with earlier posters who say that they would love to cruise with all the kids mentioned on these boards, since they're apparently all angels. We've done our part - our kids are now adults and we're not appreciative of the many parents who let the railings of the ship be the babysitters. I just don't understand folks who bring their tiny babies on cruises who could not possibly remember or comprehend the experience. :confused: It doesn't make me a 'kid hater,' just a curious parent.

"Adults-only" cruises are likely to not happen as most adults are not willing to book more than two to a cabin... unless the other passengers are children. Children added to cabin is pure gravy-train in profits for the cruiselines.

I just prefer to cruise during non-peak children cruises...

Best of luck. :)

You hit the nail right on the head . . . best revenue generator they have (extra bodies in the cabin).

I was thinking I was in the adults-only-cruise-would-be-great group. We normally take our vacations these days when school is in. Then, it dawned on me that I invited our son and two nephews to join us on our next cruise, my anxiety raised, but then lowered when I realized the youngest is 28, and that's probably close enough to adulthood, so no worrries.

Also, I just smile when I see/hear a parent raving how special their little one is and that he/she would never ever do this or that. I especially love when you are in the middle of a conversation and the kid interrupts (as kids will do) and then the parent ignores you and has a conversation or whatever with the kid. Wonderful. However, all kids are special, but need discipline and direction. Oh yea, I think most vacations in general, a cruise in particular, adults only, would be fine for me.

I would not mind an Adults Only cruise. But off season cruising does not have a lot of kids and is certainly less expensive than any "specialty" cruise.

Its not kids that are THE problem. The kids are just symptoms of the REAL problem. And that is parents that are both too lazy and too stupid to teach their kids.

Too lazy to make the effort to teach kids 24/7. Too stupid to KNOW that they must take the time and spend the energy to teach 24/7.

Too lazy to realize that not teaching IS teaching the wrong lessons 24/7.

Too stupid to know that the kids ARE learning 24/7.

Too stupid to understand that the kids will find their own "friends." Too stupid to realize they have to be parents 24/7, not friends. Stern and cold parents or warm and loving parents is not so important as being PARENTS.

Parenting is a JOB. It is not an easy job, it is hard and tiring. But when the time and effort are put forward, is can be a very rewarding job.

Too many of todays "parents" need to be fired from the job they are not doing anyway.

Dan

I would not mind an Adults Only cruise. But off season cruising does not have a lot of kids and is certainly less expensive than any "specialty" cruise.

Its not kids that are THE problem. The kids are just symptoms of the REAL problem. And that is parents that are both too lazy and too stupid to teach their kids.

Too lazy to make the effort to teach kids 24/7. Too stupid to KNOW that they must take the time and spend the energy to teach 24/7.

Too stupid to understand that the kids will find their own "friends." Too stupid to realize they have to be parents 24/7, not friends. Stern and cold parents or warm and loving parents is not so important as being PARENTS.

Parenting is a JOB. It is not an easy job, it is hard and tiring. But when the time and effort are put forward, is can be a very rewarding job.

Too many of todays "parents" need to be fired from the job they are not doing anyway.

Dan

Very true

Friends of ours are in the process of adopting a child . They have had more agencies interview them, inspect them, inspect their home, do background checks and what not. DW and I and several other of their friends and family even were asked to write character references for them, before they would even consider putting a child in their care.

And yet two morons can "Do Da Nasty" and 9 months later they are parents ready or not.

PicabooStreetjoke.gif

Dan

bow.gifbravo.gif

Imagine being on the cruise ship the week after a nudie cruise? LOL Bring the lysol!!!!!!!!!!!! Reminds me of the Sex and the City episode when Harry walked around the apartment naked and Charlotte had a problem with his naked bum on her white furniture LOL

Archived