Price difference?

dwdwnurse

Just wanted to see if anyone knew if TA's discounted NCL cruises or is it the same price to book online? I know with RCI the prices are all the same, but some TA's may throw in a little bonus.

Also, if I am already booked through NCL and find a cheaper price through a TA will they honor it?

Thanks for any info!

Just wanted to see if anyone knew if TA's discounted NCL cruises or is it the same price to book online? I know with RCI the prices are all the same, but some TA's may throw in a little bonus.

Also, if I am already booked through NCL and find a cheaper price through a TA will they honor it?

Thanks for any info!

Yes TA's discount and if they don't honor it, you should be able to transfer it!;)

There is one online site that beats everyone's. I can't tell you the name but just do a search for discount cruises and check them all out. You get the best deal at this site if you register your email address and pick a password. No obligation, and they don't bug you, so it's a no risk deal. Happy hunting!:)

I have to ask - why can't you name the online site? I've seen that a lot here, and I understand that those in charge don't want the place flooded with advertisers and false posters, but I think the value of getting a recommendation from a trusted poster would be much higher than the detriment of obvious huckster. Can you at least give a good hint as to what site you're talking about?

Its the rules and you can't discuss the rules.

You could always look at some of the other places that do allow people to nae TA's there are plenty around this is not the olny place people talk about cruises

It is faily easy to find the places that offer good prices once you do a bit of research with a few choice word in google.

Remember there are a lot of places that Compete to give the Best Price for Cruises.

Just done a new search and found a couple of new places that look interesting.

A TA should always be able to offer the same/better prices as NCL(except maybe CAS) all the discounts should be available through a TA.

If not I canot see the agents being happy about getting cut out, NCL could pick the popular sailings and make the fares good direct.

To save money on my NCL cruises, I usually book through one of those online rebate sites. After you sail, they refund you a certain percent of the cost of your cruise and the site I work with basically just has you work one-on-one with a TA over the phone who is familiar with the rebate deal and will even provide me with the exact amount of the rebate I can expect to receive. Takes a little longer to see the savings, but it comes as a check ready for deposit into my savings account. :) This method would probably work best for those already familiar with online rebate sites, however.

I have to ask - why can't you name the online site?

If you could name travel sites, these boards would deteriorate into an advertising forum, and you could not be sure if someone was telling you something because they wanted to sell something (or some service.)

It's best to just search around for yourself and you wil find what people are talking about.

...Also, only a TA can really advise you as to if you're below/above a pool or other noisy area...

So very, very wrong.

In fact, you MIGHT be able to do this BETTER than a TA. Go to ncl.com and look at deck plans. Not all TAs have the time or talent to do this. They are very busy. And, even if mine did, I would still go online and check it myself.

Can you at least give a good hint as to what site you're talking about?

Sorry, no, I can't. I was once reprimanded when I said I saved about $400 with an online TA. They said I was inviting people to ask me which TA.

I was also reprimanded when I gave a hint one time. Sorry but twice is enough for me. :D

Just keep searching and comparing. Good luck!

Archived