Can we start a FRESH Great Balcony Cabin list for the "SKY" ?

mr jailerman

I have #9040 Booked for now but I would like to be close to the Mid-Ship elevators.. Anyone have Cabins such as #9022,#9024 or close to those..They still have some Aft Balcony Cabins open for my sailing ?? I know I read here that their were some A/C and Toilet issues back there @ one point ? Anyone recommend those and if so what # cabin ? :) Thanks for your time and have a great night..:)

Has anyone stayed in 9221 since Mike/Lee got back in July? I wondered if they had had a chance to put in the new mattresses in that cabin yet (when they went they still needed the egg crates put on). Also, I heard that the balcony furniture was falling into disrepair so I wondered if that had been replaced. Thanks!:p

Had 9039 for the 8/11 sailing..

AC super cold, no toilet issues and safe had no door on it, otherwise great cabin.

We did notice upon disembark on the 15th that new regular type mattresses were being put in some of the cabins around us, we had the older firm one.

Great site, thanks to everyone for all of the questions that I have already gotten answered!! My wife and I will be going on our first cruise in January on board the SKY and we booked cabin 0031, it is a balcony cabin can anyone give me any insight or opions on that cabin... ANYTHING would help!! Thanks again to everyone!!!

just back from the 8/15 sailing and had your room 9040, a/c worked, toilet worked, safe was fine....we were close to Atrium elevators and with a few more steps we could make a left at the atrium elevators and hit the midship ones. Also, we liked going AFT better and going up that way, much less traffic.

As far as AFT balconies we looked into a suite on the corner of Deck 9 and thought it looked great but that was a suite. I would book one of those if I could afford it, just for the space. Plus the bathroom was nice!

My hubby and I thought we would like to try an Aft balcony next time if we can't afford a suite.

just back from the 8/15 sailing and had your room 9040, a/c worked, toilet worked, safe was fine....we were close to Atrium elevators and with a few more steps we could make a left at the atrium elevators and hit the midship ones. Also, we liked going AFT better and going up that way, much less traffic.

As far as AFT balconies we looked into a suite on the corner of Deck 9 and thought it looked great but that was a suite. I would book one of those if I could afford it, just for the space. Plus the bathroom was nice!

My hubby and I thought we would like to try an Aft balcony next time if we can't afford a suite.

Thank you..:D Any photos yet ?

I have just a few pics of the room....dah! Thought that I took more. I have them uploaded at home but not here at work. I will try to get to it tonight. :) sorry its taking so long. Back to work yesterday to a huge desk full of paperwork (the only who does my job is me..:) )and then school orientation last night. Tonight is free...:)

I have just a few pics of the room....dah! Thought that I took more. I have them uploaded at home but not here at work. I will try to get to it tonight. :) sorry its taking so long. Back to work yesterday to a huge desk full of paperwork (the only who does my job is me..:) )and then school orientation last night. Tonight is free...:)

Great .. Thanks Storm.. I'll check back tonight..:)

Is it tonight yet Storm ?:D Just letting you know we are still waiting for those great pics !!:D Thanks once more in advance.

Will not be able totell you about it until after the 19 Jan cruise

Still so long away(146 days to go):eek:

Any way it is for my wife, her birthday( 18 Jan.)

Has anyone have any info on this cabin?

Also has any one have any extra copies of the 4 day cruise freestyle daily, Or can some one pick up sa complete set on any up comming 4 day cruises. Will pay for mailing.

Paul

Any aft problems with toilet you can just hang over the edge.lol

:D HAAAAA ! If I did that everyone whom happen to look out their windows or glance out their Balcony's to see that would surely be @ the Guest relations line picking up their $300.00 OBC from NCL for that terrifying experience !! :D

Had Balcony 0024 on 08/11 sailing. Air was very cold. Toilet worked great. Safe worked great. Mattress was hard (not sure if that makes it old or new). Slept like a baby!!! Balcony chairs were new and comfortable. Location was close to the atrium elevators.

Jailerman....here you go, my crappy shots of the room....dah what was I thinking???

Hubby and son, taking a break

vacation099.jpg

Our tiny bathroom upon departure....sorry for the messy pic

vacation100.jpg

here is the pool

vacation008.jpg

beautiful water on GSC

vacation083.jpg

the balcony of 9040

vacation062.jpg

I wonder if I took the rest on the film camera...hmmmm:confused:

We were in 8278 on the 8/22 sailing of the Sky and had a great time. I'll post a more complete review when I get a chance, but as to the actual cabin, here are my thoughts:

1. Not spotless, but adequately clean.

2. A/C and Toilets worked just fine.

3. Slightly funky smell in the hall, but didn't notice it in the cabin.

4. Mattress was very firm (not sure whether new or old) and we got some of the best sleep we've had in a long time.

5. The balcony and view of the wake are FREAKING AWESOME!!! We appeared to have newer deck chairs, but still a very small, older looking table...not complaining, just observing.

Can we go back now???:D

ee

Jailerman....here you go, my crappy shots of the room....dah what was I thinking???

Hubby and son, taking a break

vacation099.jpg

Our tiny bathroom upon departure....sorry for the messy pic

vacation100.jpg

here is the pool

vacation008.jpg

beautiful water on GSC

vacation083.jpg

the balcony of 9040

vacation062.jpg

I wonder if I took the rest on the film camera...hmmmm

GREAT PHOTO'S STORM !!! :D Thank you VERY much !! I moved to an Middle Aft Balcony but I may have to switch it back ??? :-)))

We were in 8278 on the 8/22 sailing of the Sky and had a great time. I'll post a more complete review when I get a chance, but as to the actual cabin, here are my thoughts:

1. Not spotless, but adequately clean.

2. A/C and Toilets worked just fine.

3. Slightly funky smell in the hall, but didn't notice it in the cabin.

4. Mattress was very firm (not sure whether new or old) and we got some of the best sleep we've had in a long time.

5. The balcony and view of the wake are FREAKING AWESOME!!! We appeared to have newer deck chairs, but still a very small, older looking table...not complaining, just observing.

Can we go back now???:D

ee

Any chance of getting you to put up a couple Photo's ? I have #9078 at the moment. Did you notice New Balcony chairs on ALL of the cabins or just yours ? Thanks and welcome home.. :D I know.. Time to book another if you have not already right ?:D Thanks..

Had Balcony 0024 on 08/11 sailing. Air was very cold. Toilet worked great. Safe worked great. Mattress was hard (not sure if that makes it old or new). Slept like a baby!!! Balcony chairs were new and comfortable. Location was close to the atrium elevators.

Thanks for the great info.. ANY PHOTO'S BY CHANCE ?? :o (That's my PLEASE LOOK:) ) Thanks again !!

Your welcome, sorry I didn't have more. I am usually the one taking pics (about 500) of everything, and I do mean everything. This trip I tapered off a bit and just tried to relax.

I will tell you that if you need to use that little twin couch bed you will need to climb over the beds to get to the bathroom as it literally fills up the room. We made due,but I would book a bigger room if I could afford it.

Archived