Can we start a FRESH Great Balcony Cabin list for the "SKY" ?

mr jailerman

• 1 month later...
I have an aft balcony cabin on the Sky next week. I will be sure to take photos and post them for everyone.

Thanks !! If you don't mind, Please look at the deck 9 AFT BALCONY CABINS (Not sure what deck your on..:) ) To see if they have the New Blue Metel Mesh chairs or the old white plastic ones on the Balcony. Also still seems to be people complaining about sewage smell from the aft as well..:eek: Hopefully you will not have any of that.. Enjoy your cruise and we will be waiting for those pics and review in a couple weeks.. Thanks again..:)

I just returned from the Oct. 6 - 10 trip. I was in 9032, near the mid-forward elevators. It was a great central location, no smells, no noise, great AC. Still the old butt-hugger cafe-style chairs on the balcony, not really comfy for relaxing. The cruise, ship, food and staff were great.

Jana

:confused: Anyone stay in this cabin recently? Got a great deal, but wondering because of all of the reviews regarding the smells, is the main reason for the low price? How was the bedding/balcony furniture, etc. Thanks!!!!

I saw a photo of 8080 Balcony and it has the new Blue mesh over Iron chairs..

I was in 0064 and I can speak for noise. They seem to clean the decks relatively early in the morning. If you are a light sleeper, you are going to hear that. It wasn't necessarily horrible, but there were a few bangs like someone dropped something.

I would book on that floor again with no problem.

Very curious about the cabin, odors, noises from above...? Thanks for any info!

I was in 0064 and I can speak for noise. They seem to clean the decks relatively early in the morning. If you are a light sleeper, you are going to hear that. It wasn't necessarily horrible, but there were a few bangs like someone dropped something.

I would book on that floor again with no problem.

Thanks for the info.. Good to know so people will not be surprised if they book that section.:)

We went on Sky on Oct. 13th and returned on Oct. 17th. The view was beautiful from our balcony room, even the smell was a little horrible at times out on the balcony. They really need to get this ship fixed.

Here's a few photos:

ourstateroom2.jpg

Stateroom 9050

OurBalcony2.jpg

Taken while docked in Nassau, Bahamas

viewfrom9050.jpg

Beautiful view from our balcony

We went on Sky on Oct. 13th and returned on Oct. 17th. The view was beautiful from our balcony room, even the smell was a little horrible at times out on the balcony. They really need to get this ship fixed.

Here's a few photos:

ourstateroom2.jpg

Stateroom 9050

OurBalcony2.jpg

Taken while docked in Nassau, Bahamas

viewfrom9050.jpg

Beautiful view from our balcony

Looks very Nice !! Thanks for the pics !!:)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I got a great deal on our aft balcony and loved it. Of course, in all fairness it was my forst balcony ever.

What I loved:

1. The extra space. Our room steward got us a lounger to have out there. Loved it. I would lay out there at night with my pillow until I got too cold or uncomfortable and then go to bed.

2. The view of the wake.

3. The quietness at the back of the ship.

What I could have done without:

1. The ashes that fell on the balcony. It only happened one night. it must have been the direction of the wind, but it made everything a mess.

Archived