cabins near elevator

katgilm

We just booked cabins near elevators (on the Mariner, balcony cabins 8606 and 8610 and 2 adjoining promenade cabins). Due to cabin needs, those were the best available for us-- according to the RCL rep. The rep insisted that these cabins were great and not noisy at all. For those of you who have stayed in cabins near the elevators, what do you think?

Thanks!

Kathi

We just booked cabins near elevators (on the Mariner, balcony cabins 8606 and 8610 and 2 adjoining promenade cabins). Due to cabin needs, those were the best available for us-- according to the RCL rep. The rep insisted that these cabins were great and not noisy at all. For those of you who have stayed in cabins near the elevators, what do you think?

Thanks!

Kathi

Don't worry at all. the decks are set up differently than how they are on the deck plans. The cabins are kind of in a different hallway that is distant from the elevators. It might be difficult to understand but noise should not be a problem at all!:D

no noise! they cabins are not as close to the elevators as they look..they are around a corner down a little hall....hard to explain, but once you are on the ship it will make sense....

if you click on the webshots link below there are most likely pix of the elevator landing on AD, Ex or NV which are sister ships and will give you some idea.....

have fun!

We have had cabins just off the elevators on the Mariner and on the Freedom. The design of newer ships including these segregate the stairways and elevators away from the cabins and hallways for fire protection. It's not like the old days when we had a cabin on the Mardis Gras (Carnival) that was surrounded on two sides by the stairs and another side by an elevator. You want to talk noisy... It took over 10 years to get my wife back on a cruise ship.:D

Take those cabins! Being closer to the elevator means less walking you have to do to get to your cabin! It definitely gets daunting walking down to your room after a while, especially if your legs are tired from a long day at port.

Have fun!! :D

I was just on the Mariner sailing 8/3 - stayed in cabin 8316, which is the other side of the boat, but right by the same set of elevators. We had no noise problems at all and our room was much closer to the elevator.

The 8th floor seemed quiet overall, royal online doesn't create a lot of noise or traffic.

Enjoy your cruise!

I had your same concern about being close to the stairs and elevators. Never heard a peep out of either...only noise ever from the hall was a couple times when kids were running down the hall.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks!

Kathi

I've never had a noise issue with a stateroom near the elevators. It's a non issue.

Our TA knows without asking that we WANT to be within 8-10 cabins from the elevator. It's the best, especially after a late night of fun!!! no noise, never a problem :D

I agree. We actually prefer to be near the stairs/elevators. I'm glad others avoid them so they're available for me to book. ;)

I agree. We actually prefer to be near the stairs/elevators. I'm glad others avoid them so they're available for me to book. ;)

Yep, in fact we are booked on Liberty next June and Bam!!! 3 away from the elevator, deck 6.............another fav.....right above promenade, where we usually end our night of fun anyway :D

Archived