Philadelphia Holiday Inn to Liberty Bell?

clerky96

Could someone give me exact directions on how to get from the Holiday Inn-Stadium to the Liberty Bell area and back? I know that you take the Broadstreet transit but am unsure what station (street) to get off. Is it really close to the hotel? Our flight arrives at 1:20 pm, and by the time we get our luggage and get to the hotel it will probably be after 3. Is this too late to go there? Thanks for any info.

It's worth it to just get yourself into the historic area - there are also a lot of good places to eat in that vicinity aka "Old City."

this is a great suggestion, the Holiday Inn Independance Park or Sheraton Society Hill are much better locations and you'll be able to walk around and see much of the historic area on foot.

Thanks all. We are actually coming in the day before, but don't get in until 1:20 pm. I have already made our reservations at the Holiday Inn Stadium. Hopefully we will be able to get there and possibly see a few of the historic sites. Want to come back someday and see more.

138east, thanks so much for the maps and directions. I printed both out and figured out where the transfers are.

Also, take a look at the Holiday INN at 400 Arch St ... which is right in the middle of the historic area.

There's also Best Western - Independence Park and Omni ... but they're usually a little higher in price.

If it were me, I'd probably stay downtown and then take a shuttle/cab to the pier in the morning instead of staying in the stadium area ... since there's more to do downtown. Also, the shuttle/cab price should only be slightly more since they can take I-95 South to the Broad St exit for the pier at the NSY.

Archived