Rec'd Capt. Qrtrly Brochure-Seems Useless!?!

FinelyRetired

Good Evening All:

I rec'd the Captain's Circle Quarterly Brochure today. And I've no idea why or what I'd do with it. Maybe you all can help me with it as it appears to be WHOLLY useless. Lots of itineraries.........NOT A SINGLE DATE I CAN FIND.

Am I reading it wrong? While I am always more interested in an itinerary than a ship.....I have little to no interest in any itinerary unless dates are attached. And, I can't find them in this hefty, 30 page brochure. I must be reading it wrong. Does anyone know where the sailing dates are? If not, what is this brochure for?

Martha

unfortunately, I agree as well....you are talking about the one with the bear on the cover correct??????? The front says 2009-2010 new itiineriairies and then inside on certain pages it says 2008-2009, with not a date in sight as to which itineraries fares apply to.....eeesh. Any one hve a cliff notes version?

I rec'd the Captain's Circle Quarterly Brochure today.

In the nearly two years that I have been a Captain's Circle member, I've received the Quarterly only once. Even though the general consensus is that is it useless, I'd still like to receive it once in a while.

Just another example of Princess's customer "service." :D

unfortunately, I agree as well....you are talking about the one with the bear on the cover correct??????? The front says 2009-2010 new itiineriairies and then inside on certain pages it says 2008-2009, with not a date in sight as to which itineraries fares apply to.....eeesh. Any one hve a cliff notes version?

My thoughts exactly! I didn't find it useful at all.

I felt the same way. I finished looking at it and went to their website to find the dates.
Aha !!! they got you to the web site, didn't they?

While not the greatest marketing, I would assume the intention was to lay a foundation of all the possible places one can cruise to before people start reducing the choices to what is practical this year.

We had a recent opportunity where one of those "possibles" turned into a "practical" due to some other circumstances, and knowing the possibilities made the decision to cruise easy for us.

Consider the brochure as a "Wish Book". I hope some of your wishes come true.

agreed. i want to see dates that match the prices. and yes i looked on the website and tried to find them. wanted more 09-10 dates though. all the great prices seemed to be for 08 sailings. wonder if its better to wait til 2009 to book rather than to book early?

I just finished reading my CC Quarterly all but 10 minutes ago. When I saw how thick it was, I thought: Wow! Maybe some behind the scenes stories; maybe some information on the Ruby; possibly highlight a port historically, etc. Instead it has become in my opinion just another marketing brochure, that for this consumer did not cause me to want to run to the Princess web site. I can go to the Princess website anytime I want.

...and while I am at it, I am not too terribly impressed with the "upgrades" to the CC program. It would be nice to see the cruise lines really slug it out with each other by giving some nice perks to frequently returning guests. Oh, well, when I was in marketing years and years ago, the adage was: Make it look like you are selling them the world, but only let them a tiny patch of it.

Good Evening All:

I rec'd the Captain's Circle Quarterly Brochure today. And I've no idea why or what I'd do with it. Maybe you all can help me with it as it appears to be WHOLLY useless. Lots of itineraries.........NOT A SINGLE DATE I CAN FIND.

Am I reading it wrong? While I am always more interested in an itinerary than a ship.....I have little to no interest in any itinerary unless dates are attached. And, I can't find them in this hefty, 30 page brochure. I must be reading it wrong. Does anyone know where the sailing dates are? If not, what is this brochure for?

Martha

While it's a truly beautiful brochure, it's also a truly huge waste of paper.

I mean that in the most literal sense. I would expect cruise lines (and other companies) to put out catalogues and brochures for those who don't use the 'information superhighway.' But everything found in that brochure, plus a whole lot more, can be found online.

It's really way past time to consider the impact of issuing huge brochures that get read once (or not at all) and then tossed.

Tee

Archived