Summit being sold???

tillym

With regard to the Mercury, she is likely leaving as well. She'll be used to start up the new line directed toward the French much as Galaxy is directed to the Germans

RCI's new French line has already been running since May with the Bleu De France, the Holiday Dream (ex Europa) having been transferred from Pullmantur. Croisieres de France (CDF) is apparently a subsidiary line of Pullmantur. Perhaps they're doing well with their all-inclusive format and need another ship, thus the transfer of the Mercury.

I also love the Century specially after her refurb, but a friend of mine who works for a major cruise line magazine told me that the Century will be gone in late 2011 when the 4th Solstice class ship comes on line.:mad: :mad:

Good evening,

I personnally suggest CENTURY is not destined out of the Celebrity fleet at any time. The brand has invested huge $$$ in her 1 1/2 year ago to bring her up to ''Millie''class stature...which would ensure her long stay in the fleet. After all Solstice vessels are launched ( 4 or 5....), what you'll find, in my opinion, is Century ++ all 4 Millie class will still be the backbone of a now expanded fleet , which will have seen Galaxy ( 2009 ) and Mercury ( 2011 latest ) transferred to another RCL's brand.

There are those who will recall the fleet was already at 9 vessels while Zenith & Horizon were still members in 2003 ( ++the 3 ''C'' and 4 ''M'' class vessels)...but I suspect that 5 Solstice will be added by 2012 , producing a total of 10 ships...and a lot more berths available to guests than in 2003.

IMO anyways....

Cheers

;)

Good evening,

I personnally suggest CENTURY is not destined out of the Celebrity fleet at any time. The brand has invested huge $$$ in her 1 1/2 year ago to bring her up to ''Millie''class stature...which would ensure her long stay in the fleet. After all Solstice vessels are launched ( 4 or 5....), what you'll find, in my opinion, is Century ++ all 4 Millie class will still be the backbone of a now expanded fleet , which will have seen Galaxy ( 2009 ) and Mercury ( 2011 latest ) transferred to another RCL's brand.

There are those who will recall the fleet was already at 9 vessels while Zenith & Horizon were still members in 2003 ( ++the 3 ''C'' and 4 ''M'' class vessels)...but I suspect that 5 Solstice will be added by 2012 , producing a total of 10 ships...and a lot more berths available to guests than in 2003.

IMO anyways....

Cheers

;)

I think the fact they spent all this money on the rehab is really not an issue since they have basically been keeping the ships within the corporation. Century will be gone in a couple of years also and that is unfortunate since its my favorite Celebrity ship.

Century will be gone in a couple of years also and that is unfortunate since its my favorite Celebrity ship.

Hi,

You really think so ?? Why do you feel they'll do that ?? I'd be interested in your well-seasonned reasonning....

If they were to do that, wouldn't it signify ==X=='s intentions to ''cap'' its fleet at 9 vessels ( based on my assumption Galaxy -2009 // Mercury-circa 2011 would already be gone....). ??? That would be ''un-progressive'' from a creative voyage library standpoint, although giving the line more berths to retail...

Hope not...:eek:

Cheers & thanks for your views

;)

Hi,

You really think so ?? Why do you feel they'll do that ?? I'd be interested in your well-seasonned reasonning....

If they were to do that, wouldn't it signify ==X=='s intentions to ''cap'' its fleet at 9 vessels ( based on my assumption Galaxy -2009 // Mercury-circa 2011 would already be gone....). ??? That would be ''un-progressive'' from a creative voyage library standpoint, although giving the line more berths to retail...

;)

I would hate to see the Century go, but the handwriting is on the wall with X's smaller capacity ships. The cost per passenger per mile with the high price of fuel oil is just too high on the smaller ships that have to make 2 transatlantic crossings every year and are slower than the new Solstice class ships have put the Century, Galaxy and Mercury on the chopping block.

Hi,

;)

I think that most feel that Mercury is next to leave the fleet. I would guess Century to go a year or so later. Royal Caribbean is adding new cruiselines to their empire and need ships to fill their needs without building new ships for a start up line. Transferring ships from Royal Caribbean and Celebrity is a natural fit. The creative voyages are being handled by Azamara with ships that can get into ports the Celebrity ships can't.

I also think Celebrity really is not that crazy about having four and five day voyages out of Miami. It just doesn't seem to be something they do, they really have never had short cruises in their history on a regular basis.

I thought the Merc was going in for a refurb but didn't hear that it was being sold. That's too bad. The Merc was my second cruise. And I will also concur with another poster's view that this ship transfer situation means that they aren't adding any itineraries, including Bermuda and the Mexican Riviera. Why are they making me choose another line to cruise Mexico? Come on, =X=, wake up! It looks like all of the majors have a ship cruising there except =X=.

I thought the Merc was going in for a refurb but didn't hear that it was being sold. That's too bad. The Merc was my second cruise. And I will also concur with another poster's view that this ship transfer situation means that they aren't adding any itineraries, including Bermuda and the Mexican Riviera. Why are they making me choose another line to cruise Mexico? Come on, =X=, wake up! It looks like all of the majors have a ship cruising there except =X=.

Mercury was just in for major work last year including adding some balconies so I wouldn't expect it in for work anytime soon. It has not been sold and there is no firm news on whether it will be transferred to another cruiseline within the RCI empire. Anything you hear at this time is only rumor and speculation.

Archived