extra days at sea???

sox583

We heard that one of the carnival ships has been delayed returning due to the hurricane. Has this happened to anyone? What is the food situation like?

Doubt the guests will have to fish for dinner over the side, some may be feeding the fish over the side though... Believe both ships are among older and smaller in the fleet so an extra 2 solid days at sea will be very interesting to say the least.

I am surprised the CCL Conquest or whatever the name is left Galveston today into the storm more or less on the way to a supposedly normal cruise from a destination standpoint. I hope that they trun hard West after the sea bouy and steer well clear of the storm even if it adds a day at sea...as Gustav is not on land and could steer West so if CCL C heads the normal path and if Gustav steers West the ride will get really bad, and the ship doesn't go that much faster than the storm is going.

We had such luck...we finsihed AOS cruise, missed a TS hitting around these parts, got home to see the Caribbean start having lots of big storms...could not have been better off for luck...

A friend of ours was on Liberty of the Seas a few years ago and got to stay 2 extra days due to a hurricane. He said they were getting very "creative" in their meal offerings! He didn't care, he just enjoyed being on the ship for an extra 2 days!!

We were on the Rhapsody when Rita came ashore. unable to get back to Galveston on Sunday. We spent an extra day in Jamaica then went to Ft. Lauderdale for food & fuel. Seas were so calm on the whole trip! Finished up in Galveston 3 days late! 10 days for the price of 7...no problem!:)

RhapsodyCruiseSept05XT022.jpg

A friend of ours was on Liberty of the Seas a few years ago and got to stay 2 extra days due to a hurricane. He said they were getting very "creative" in their meal offerings! He didn't care, he just enjoyed being on the ship for an extra 2 days!!

I am not trying to diss your memory (as I can be somewhat memory-challenged myself), but that couldn't have happened "a few years ago". The Liberty has only been sailing for 16 months. :)

We heard that one of the carnival ships has been delayed returning due to the hurricane. Has this happened to anyone? What is the food situation like?

We had a 7 night cruise on Century turn into a 9 night cruise thanks to Hurricane Jeanne. The last night they had a special Hurricane menu. They ran out of lettuce for salads and the fresh fruit cup was fruit cocktail. But having the two extra days at sea were wonderful and I didn't hear anyone complaining about no salad.

Terri

If some of you had extra sea days, what happened to the passengers waiting to board the ship for the next cruise? What does the cruise line do to compensate those passengers. They are losing days on their cruise.:confused:

It hasn't happened to me, but there have been many reports on this board.

Generally, RC will give the new cruisers options: Cancel with full refund, sail on an abbreviated cruise and get a certificate for a certain percentage off their next cruise; cruise and get a 50% refund. Depends on the circumstances.

But compensation is made.

If some of you had extra sea days, what happened to the passengers waiting to board the ship for the next cruise? What does the cruise line do to compensate those passengers. They are losing days on their cruise.:confused:

Here is what is on the Carnival Site:

Carnival Ecstasy: Mon. 9/1 departure from Galveston: We will be forced to change the five-day Carnival Ecstasy cruise scheduled to depart on Monday, September 1, 2008 to a three-day Cruise-To-Nowhere departing on Wednesday, September 3, 2008 returning on Saturday, September 6, 2008. The new three-day cruise will depart from Galveston at 4:00 PM on Wednesday.

Guests that sail on the new three-day cruise will receive a 50% refund of the cruise fare paid. In addition, guests will receive a 50% discount of a future three- to five-day Carnival Cruise departing prior to December 15, 2009. This discount applies to the cruise fare only. Please understand this offer is non-transferable.

If guests elect to cancel the cruise, we ask that guests contact us right away to cancel the booking. Guests will receive a full refund and refunds will be processed in less than two weeks.

Here is what is on the Carnival Site:

Carnival Ecstasy: Mon. 9/1 departure from Galveston: We will be forced to change the five-day Carnival Ecstasy cruise scheduled to depart on Monday, September 1, 2008 to a three-day Cruise-To-Nowhere departing on Wednesday, September 3, 2008 returning on Saturday, September 6, 2008. The new three-day cruise will depart from Galveston at 4:00 PM on Wednesday.

Guests that sail on the new three-day cruise will receive a 50% refund of the cruise fare paid. In addition, guests will receive a 50% discount of a future three- to five-day Carnival Cruise departing prior to December 15, 2009. This discount applies to the cruise fare only. Please understand this offer is non-transferable.

If guests elect to cancel the cruise, we ask that guests contact us right away to cancel the booking. Guests will receive a full refund and refunds will be processed in less than two weeks.

Just think, if some folks cancel, that puts a long weekend cruise out of Galveston available to some...I'd hate to see how drunk someone could get on a 3 day to nowhere cruise...:eek:

The prices earlier today were $99 inside, $119 OV and $249 for a suite on the cruise to nowhere for 3 days. I wanted to go, but couldnt talk our 3rd person into doing almost a B2B, cause we go out on the Conquest next Sunday. If it was just us I would have gone.

The prices earlier today were $99 inside, $119 OV and $249 for a suite on the cruise to nowhere for 3 days. I wanted to go, but couldnt talk our 3rd person into doing almost a B2B, cause we go out on the Conquest next Sunday. If it was just us I would have gone.

You could go ahead and have that person meet you on the second half. I would make that suggestion in a minute. We love cruising also and at that rate, you can't pass it up.

Archived