Sorry, love RCI but will jump ship for 7-day itinerary to Bermuda.

Batch5

HAL has just announced that beginning in the fall of 2010, the Veendam will begin 7 day Bermuda cruises out of New York docking in St. George and Hamilton.

Beginning in 2010, Holland America Line will once again sail on regularly scheduled cruises between New York City and Bermuda. Holland America is the only major cruise line that calls on both Hamilton and St. George's, Bermuda's cultural and shopping hubs. Additionally, guests of Holland America Line will have an opportunity to fully experience Bermuda's British charm and its unique island culture by day and by night with multi-day stays in each port.

When the 1,350-guest ms Veendam sails in late August 2010 on the first of 10 roundtrips to the island, it will mark Holland America Line's return to New York City as a home port and to Bermuda as a destination.

Holland America Line worked closely with the Bermudian government to form the partnership that takes Holland America Line back to the island that it first visited more than 70 years ago. In 1926, Veendam II, with a guest capacity of approximately 500, left New York on the company's first Caribbean cruise. During the summers of 1930 and 1931, Veendam II sailed on five-day roundtrip cruises between New York and Bermuda.

I went on one of the last 7-night cruises to Bermuda on Empress from Philadelphia last year. I would love to go back but the 5-night cruises are too short. I'm also looking at 7-nighters on other cruise lines that may be going out of Baltimore and New York.

Are you listening RC?

Appears that the Grandeur will be doing a 7 day from Baltimore to Bermuda in 2009! YAHOO! Only problem for me its in October :mad: when school is in session and I want it to be in August...Please RCCL, change those 5 day cruises in August to Bermuda to 7 dayers

Yes, Grandeur shows going to Kings Wharf on a 7 day from Baltimore to Bermuda on Oct 3, 2009. Can't do that until daughter is out of HS.

We'd travel up to Bayonne if they do a 7 day there. Would like to try the larger Explorer. Anything within driving distance would work so hopefully we'll see more 7 day trips. Anything to keep me from flying and I'm on board!

Great! Another option.

Only other 7 day was on the NCL Dawn, but too many issues kept me away, including a coworker who just returned and hated it.

We did a 7 day NY to Bermuda about 5 years ago on the Carnival Pride, with three glorious days in Bermuda. LOVED IT!!!!!!!

I didn't see that about the Grandeur but I'll be looking. Grandeur is one of my favorite ships and having Baltimore only 1-1/2 hour away is great for us. We are planning a 9-night on Grandeur for next year so maybe we can make it a B2B. We cruise Oct, Nov and Dec so it may work out for us.

I dont think its really RCs at fault for the shorter cruises. I seem to remember reading some where that NCL made a deal with Bermuda to be the only cruise line able to dock for longer periods of time on a regular basis.

If Explorer gets moved and a Freedom class comes up to Bayonne, can it even get near Kings Wharf to dock?

edit

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2007_Nov_7/ai_n27437575

I dont think its really RCs at fault for the shorter cruises. I seem to remember reading some where that NCL made a deal with Bermuda to be the only cruise line able to dock for longer periods of time on a regular basis.

If Explorer gets moved and a Freedom class comes up to Bayonne, can it even get near Kings Wharf to dock?

edit

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2007_Nov_7/ai_n27437575

When we were docked at Kings Wharf in August they were working on extending the dock. We had heard that this was to accomadate larger ships. I hope so.

When we were docked at Kings Wharf in August they were working on extending the dock. We had heard that this was to accomadate larger ships. I hope so.

My understanding of the work at the pier was that it was to allow additional ships to tie up.

Just adding my name to the list of faithful RCL cruisers who love Bermuda but feel 5 days is too short (and have to sail in the summer because of school), in case RCL is reading this.

We may have to jump ship also to do another 7 night Bermuda cruise from the Northeast. Bermuda is my absolute FAVORITE place to cruise to, we've done it 5 times out of our 12 total cruises.

HAL has just announced that beginning in the fall of 2010, the Veendam will begin 7 day Bermuda cruises out of New York docking in St. George and Hamilton.

Beginning in 2010, Holland America Line will once again sail on regularly scheduled cruises between New York City and Bermuda. Holland America is the only major cruise line that calls on both Hamilton and St. George's, Bermuda's cultural and shopping hubs. Additionally, guests of Holland America Line will have an opportunity to fully experience Bermuda's British charm and its unique island culture by day and by night with multi-day stays in each port.

When the 1,350-guest ms Veendam sails in late August 2010 on the first of 10 roundtrips to the island, it will mark Holland America Line's return to New York City as a home port and to Bermuda as a destination.

Holland America Line worked closely with the Bermudian government to form the partnership that takes Holland America Line back to the island that it first visited more than 70 years ago. In 1926, Veendam II, with a guest capacity of approximately 500, left New York on the company's first Caribbean cruise. During the summers of 1930 and 1931, Veendam II sailed on five-day roundtrip cruises between New York and Bermuda.

Never been on RCL yet.. but loveddd HAL.. I will be on this one for sure!

As long as we are wishing .... A 7 night cruise to Bermuda on a Radiance class ship would be perfect.:D ;)

Now your asking for to much!!! :D :D

A Radiance Class ship here would be heaven!!! They're my favorite!!!

They definitely need to plan for 7 night cruises to Bermuda. I was never there but I think 5 days is insane!!! No way is that enough time to spend there,

Patty

HAL has some great itineraries and prices but if you like to party while on-board ... forget it. Things quiet down at about 8:30pm. Pools are netted at 8pm. HAL is geared for the more ... shall I say ... seasoned cruiser.

I think that I'll stick with RCI for another 20 years or so.:D

Archived