Luggage storage under the beds

trvldog

This is the first time I have done a triple in a room- we are on the Amsterdam Friday (YEAH!!) we are in a FF catagory-

Question is will there be enough space to store our suit cases/garmet bags under the beds? Are they big enough for 2 large suite cases, 1 medium one and 2 garment bags?- Traveling light is not in my vocabulary sorry- I try but 3 women - yikes way to much stuff :)- Wondering if I should make the medium bag into a large one and ditch the one of the garmet bags?

I would think each bed could hold 2 suit cases underneath? (the 2 large ones under one and one suitcase and the 2 garmet bags under the other)

Just curious

Thanks!

I have never thought of putting the garmet bag into the suitecase I will do that if they fit! Thanks for the idea-

If not then room steward will get extra luggage I did not know they do that either! :) Although never had to ask before-

Thanks and is it FRIDAY YET??? ;)

My husband and I hung our garment bags from the large, sturdy hooks on the wall where the bathrobes are kept. Of course, that wouldn't work if you are talking about a folding garment suitcase. I am talking about the soft fold-over bags.

Anyway, we were able to have our formal wear stored there and it freed up space in the closets.

I was able to fit my largest suitcase (12" in height) under the bed. Because the side rail on the bed frame was lower the the actual space under the bed, we had to lift the foot of the bed to slide the suitcase under the bed. Once under, it fit with no problem.

I nested the smaller suitcases inside the large one.

You'll be fine. We were in an inside "K" cabin on the Amsterdam, with our teenage daughter. We had a total of 10 pieces of luggage between us and were able to fit everything under the bed. We put smaller bags inside the larger ones when possible. While we had the bed made into a queen, my sister-in-law's cabin was set up with twin beds (they also had 3 in their cabin) and she also had no trouble with storing all their pieces. They were able to lift the edge of the bed slightly to slide the largest bag underneath. Enjoy!

Archived