• Engine room detail
    • Funnel
    • Theatre Back Stage
    • Crew Mess area
    • Crew living quarters
    • Pay to go
    • No pay to go
    • Elite discount - also first come Elite level

Should Celebrity offer an All Ship Tour....

Covering just about every area of the ship.

Laundry

Desalination plant

Galley

Engine room control

Engin room details

Funnel

Theater back stage

Crew dining area

Crew living quarters

Bridge tour

=================

Charge for this tour

Discount for Elite

=================

Make this tour a first come first serve where Elite can sign up in advance like specialty resturant. Then the numbers close it out.

=================

Offered in two segments of about 1 1/2 hours each.

I actually voted for laundry, galley and crew mess area - but I changed my mind about the crew mess. I don't think it would be right to intrude into any of the crew areas - after all would you like a group of people tramping through your home, just to see how you live. I would certainly be curious, but it just wouldn't feel right - the crew are entitled to their "down time" without passengers gawking at them.

I don't think it would be right to intrude into any of the crew areas

I was going to say the crew areas as well, then thought about it for a minute and came to the same conclusion. As interesting as it would be to us to see the areas, it's just not fair to them.

Some areas are already offered--backstage tours & the galley tour--no charge

Yes. But link them all together.

I did think about the crew areas - but they are in constant motion as shifts change and people go here and there to do things.

So it would not disrupt their area that much.

I did think about the crew areas - but they are in constant motion as shifts change and people go here and there to do things.

So it would not disrupt their area that much.

No it won't disrupt them but think about it. You do a hard day at work, come home, flop in front of the tv in your slippers, then your customers parade through your living room while you are trying to relax.:eek:

The crew are off duty - it's only when they go through that door from their "sanctuary" that they are in "show time" mode. They are entitled to their privacy during their off duty time, the same as anyone else.

I am surprised you didn't include a Bridge tour in your list. We are just off Infinity this morning and had a nice (but fairly boring) bridge tour while leaving the Hubbard Glacier. Our second. We did one last fall in Valencia, Spain on Century as well.

I am surprised you didn't include a Bridge tour in your list. We are just off Infinity this morning and had a nice (but fairly boring) bridge tour while leaving the Hubbard Glacier. Our second. We did one last fall in Valencia, Spain on Century as well.

Sorry - I thought I had added it.

Hope you are having a wonderful trip.

Some areas are already offered--backstage tours & the galley tour--no charge

How do you go about getting one of these tours? I've not seen anything about a tour on either of the cruises I've been on. Is it only certain cruise lines that do this?

Thanks.

We were on the Disney Magic last January and had a tour of the Galley. It was great. Gives a person an appreciation to what a small area that they have to prepare the food in. Only regret is that they didn't have more tours on other parts of the ship. I was hoping for at least a slide show presentation but they didn't have that. Were going on Celebrity soon and I'm hoping they do have some ship tours. My understanding is that bridge tours on cruise lines are discontinued due to security concerns.

We are just off Infinity and we had a very nice bridge tour. And we had one last fall on Century as well. But I need to add that the only people invited were Elite and Select Captain's Club members so please don't expect one on your first Celebrity cruise.

Jim

But I need to add that the only people invited were Elite and Select Captain's Club members so please don't expect one on your first Celebrity cruise.

I got one, and it was my first.. I asked of Tanushka (the CC host on the Infinity last August), and she suggested writing a letter to the captain. He obliged, and I was able to join the elites. I'm assuming you met Captain Dimitrios last year as well? :)

I was lucky enough to get a tour on our cruise last month as we were leaving Coco Cay. It was interesting to be there for something more than straight ahead cruising, but I have to admit feeling a bit out of place!

Archived