Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

Glory 2217 was a very nice cabin, especially for one. I had been warned that there could be noise, but I really didn't expect the noise to be what it was. I thought maybe some "slapping" against the hull. Instead, especially on Thursday night when we left Bermuda and were booking it home, it was like someone beneath my cabin had slammed a heavy iron door. It was VERY loud, and then you got a side-to-side shudder. The other nights, it happened only a couple of times (at least I only woke up a couple of times), but that one night it was really bad.

2827345990102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

2631736840102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

2195253870102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

2578362670102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

2068675030102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

2419448570102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

Maggie: I don't know for sure, but we have this cabin booked for next year and the details on our cruise say 2 twins. My understanding is that they can be put together. Hoping it won't be too noisy, but DH and I never have much trouble sleeping so think the location will be worth it. It seems to be right under the breakfast/grill area, so I expect to hear noise overhead at those times.

Didn't have the patience to read the whole thread...so if this has been covered before, please excuse.

I sailed solo on Carnival Freedom, # 1212. Great cabin for a solo - the single bed leaves a lot more room in the cabin, and other than that and the portholes, it's exactly like all the other cabins. Quite a walk to the food areas, but no big deal for me. No problem with noise, but we docked at every port, so there was no anchor noise. Had a great time.

Edited by GaNavy

Glory 2217 was a very nice cabin, especially for one. I had been warned that there could be noise, but I really didn't expect the noise to be what it was. I thought maybe some "slapping" against the hull. Instead, especially on Thursday night when we left Bermuda and were booking it home, it was like someone beneath my cabin had slammed a heavy iron door. It was VERY loud, and then you got a side-to-side shudder. The other nights, it happened only a couple of times (at least I only woke up a couple of times), but that one night it was really bad.

I was in this cabin on the Splendor and we had 2 nights of the hull crashing. It was loud, but I was so tired, that I was able to sleep through it:D Now when you dock...that's noisey 1st thing in the AM!

I'll still pick these cabins over any other 1A:)

Can anyone tell me about E183 on the Ecstasy? Good cabin? :)

I've beenin E181 on the Sensation and Imagination and I loved the cabin. Very quiet, 1 level below Serenity and 2 levels below lido. It seemed very central to everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at Liberty 1A cabins. Could anyone tell me which room between 8357 and 2217 is bigger? It will be for DH and I but we don't mind separate beds.

We have never been in a true inside cabin without at least a porthole. So I am a little nervous about 8357 but it sure looks convenient! :) I know 2217 is close to OV size and has portholes but I worry it's too so far from everything.

We booked 8357 because of its location. We are sailing in the fall so know to be prepared for unpleasant seas. We know the front of the ship would probably be rougher in a storm. Also it is just below lido so since we don't have a balcony we will still have easy access to a place to sit out and enjoy the sea.

I am looking at Liberty 1A cabins. Could anyone tell me which room between 8357 and 2217 is bigger? It will be for DH and I but we don't mind separate beds.

We have never been in a true inside cabin without at least a porthole. So I am a little nervous about 8357 but it sure looks convenient! :) I know 2217 is close to OV size and has portholes but I worry it's too so far from everything.

2217 is almost OV size, i.e. almost 220 s.f. (vs a 185 s.f inside). 2217 will have port holes and is bigger, but it has one twin and one convertible sofa.

8357 is also a bit bigger than a regular inside, its wider, but the bathroom is sideways or something from the storage next door.

2217, one twin and one one convertible sofa and port holes, so you can see out. Its larger of the two

8357 is still a tad larger than a regular inside, wider, and on a higher deck, mid deck, so its more convenient.

I was in 6393 first and took some pictures. I was in 8357 later and didnt take pictures ...because it was the same. Both cabins were wider than a regular inside and had the desk and refrig etc along the side instead of cut up into two pieces behind the bathroom and closet.

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

If you are familiar with inside cabins .. you can see these are wider than insides.

Here are some pics I took of 6393 which is the same layout as 8457. You can see in the pictures the cabin is wider and the furniture is a little difference that a regular inside.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't really think 2217 on Glory seemed any larger than the 185 sq ft cabins I've had.

I wish the bed had been the other direction (so you were facing forward rather than "riding backwards") and had been up against the outer wall. OK, so that wall is where the hull bends, but it could've been almost against that wall.

That would've made the cabin seem considerably larger.

• 4 weeks later...
I would appreciate any info on Conquest cabin 7345, is it 2 twins or upper and lower bunks? I know the Carnival website states upper and lower, but that is not always correct. Thanks for your help!

Its two twins, just like the above picture I posted. Slightly wider than a regular inside. (see post #1 where it states the bed set up if you want to double check.

I would appreciate any info on Conquest cabin 7345, is it 2 twins or upper and lower bunks? I know the Carnival website states upper and lower, but that is not always correct. Thanks for your help!

I had that same cabin booked on Conquest, and if you know me, I searched these threads until I found people who posted pictures, not just words to confirm it was two twins.

Then I had a chance to move to the 1A on deck, so I switched, but all three of those mid deck cabins are the same. on deck 6, 7 and 8 on conquest. I've actually stayed in 2 of the above 3 and like I said had the 3rd one booked for at least 6 months so I saw actual pictures of it before I would book it.

That's why I'm so sure.

Is 8357 on the Glory noisy due to the Lido overhead?

This room has 2 twins that can push together, correct?

Maggie

I've had #8357 on the Valor several times, no noise at all from lido above, or the crew's storage or laundry adjoining this cabin. The two twins are in line with the ship's travel direction, giving you maybe an extra 10 - 15 sq ft in this room.

Its two twins, just like the above picture I posted. Slightly wider than a regular inside. (see post #1 where it states the bed set up if you want to double check.

I had that same cabin booked on Conquest, and if you know me, I searched these threads until I found people who posted pictures, not just words to confirm it was two twins.

Then I had a chance to move to the 1A on deck, so I switched, but all three of those mid deck cabins are the same. on deck 6, 7 and 8 on conquest. I've actually stayed in 2 of the above 3 and like I said had the 3rd one booked for at least 6 months so I saw actual pictures of it before I would book it.

That's why I'm so sure.

Thanks Fire! I knew you would know. I am looking at this for the Sept Crazies cruise. I sure wish you could make it. I hope to cruise with you someday!

Thanks Fire! I knew you would know. I am looking at this for the Sept Crazies cruise. I sure wish you could make it. I hope to cruise with you someday!

I'm already booked in a 1A on Magic for the same date. Might as well get more experience. But I know the Crazies will have a good cruise. I have a great deal I would not want to give up.

I am sure we will meet sooner or later. Every Crazies, I've already been booked. They wait until its so close and I'm the type to book things right off as soon as I can and the bookings open. (and then add in a few last minute things)

Edited by firefly333

I'm already booked in a 1A on Magic for the same date. Might as well get more experience. But I know the Crazies will have a good cruise. I have a great deal I would not want to give up.

I am sure we will meet sooner or later. Every Crazies, I've already been booked. They wait until its so close and I'm the type to book things right off as soon as I can and the bookings open. (and then add in a few last minute things)

We will be on the Magic in March, I can't wait! We have an inside 4G, but I'm interested in the 1A's for the future. Have a great cruise & hopefully we can cruise together someday! :)

We were on the Valor 12-04 2011 in 7345 and it had 2 twins pushed together for a king. The room was L shaped and seemed more spacious then many. Next to the laundry but no noise issures at all

I didn't really think 2217 on Glory seemed any larger than the 185 sq ft cabins I've had.

Room 2217 is almost exactly 185 sq.ft. Based on your report, this is most likely true on all Conquest/Dream/Triumph/Splendor class ships. I had a tape measurer, and measured 2217 on the Dream to be right at 185 sq.ft. The ledge to the portholes was quite deep, and it was quite deep outside the portholes before they cleared the hull. It seems that the room could have been bigger if those weren't so deep. They could still easily fit another regular bed into there as it is. But then they'd charge us more.

P1060743.jpg

You can see how deep the ledge is here. I certainly don't count this space as part of the 185 sq.ft.

P1060726.jpg

And you can kind of see how deep it is outside the porthole, with the Oasis of the Seas next to us:

P1060672.jpg

Edited by k2excursion