Who is allowed to use the concierge lounge?

I was just going through this booking Oasis.....we are a family of 4 and I was booking a GS for my wife and I with a connecting D2 for my 2 kids. I asked about concierge and was told only those staying in the GS could get concierge privileges....this made no sense as I explained the GS alone could hold 4 people and the D2 is connecting, essentially making is a giant suite....they said this is very black and white....not staying in the GS means you are not entitled....asked twice and got the same answer from 2 different reps at RCCL. I still think this is absurd as the rooms connect and make for one giant suite....RCCL needs to relook at this as who knows who is sleeping where when you have a situation like this......we could all be technically sleeping in the GS and just using the D2 for an extra bathroom and closet space.

I was just going through this booking Oasis.....we are a family of 4 and I was booking a GS for my wife and I with a connecting D2 for my 2 kids. I asked about concierge and was told only those staying in the GS could get concierge privileges....this made no sense as I explained the GS alone could hold 4 people and the D2 is connecting, essentially making is a giant suite....they said this is very black and white....not staying in the GS means you are not entitled....asked twice and got the same answer from 2 different reps at RCCL. I still think this is absurd as the rooms connect and make for one giant suite....RCCL needs to relook at this as who knows who is sleeping where when you have a situation like this......we could all be technically sleeping in the GS and just using the D2 for an extra bathroom and closet space.

I agree with Royal. I think the rules are fine just the way they are. The CL is crowded enough already. I'm sure you are aware children aren't allowed in the lounge after 5:00 pm.

May I ask how old are your children? Children are allowed in the CL with their parents during the daytime hours..............but from 5-8:30, when the CL is used for Cocktail Hour where alcohol is being served............I believe that your children must be 21 and over. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

CL privileges are determined by cabin category (GS and above) and level of membership in Crown & Anchor (Diamond/Diamond Plus).

The point is not about bringing the kids into the lounge (they are 10 and 14)...it's about getting them tickets for the ice shows and such, I do believe though that kids are welcome any other time other than the evening hours. Liberty presently is also implementing new privileges such as reserved seating and such that may expand to other ships....those are the privileges I was more concerned about them getting.

The point is not about bringing the kids into the lounge (they are 10 and 14)...it's about getting them tickets for the ice shows and such, I do believe though that kids are welcome any other time other than the evening hours. Liberty presently is also implementing new privileges such as reserved seating and such that may expand to other ships....those are the privileges I was more concerned about them getting.

You can still get them tickets for the ice shows..............just ask for 4 tickets instead of 2. If you are tendering into any port, just ask the Concierge for two additional priority tendering tickets as you will most probably have yours waiting in your cabin.

I am sure that the privileges that you are talking about can be arranged once you are on the ship with the Concierge. You really are not asking for special for your children.

Is a RFS above a GS?

And children, would that be 21 and under because of the liquor, or 18 and under?

RFS- Is the Royal Family Suite (What we have booked) is a suite.

Royal, Grand, Presidential, Owners are suites for CL purposes....Junior Suites are not.

On the Freedom & Oasis ships, diamond members have their own lounge

But you do get extra room & 2 cruise credits for being in a Junior Suite.:o

I should stay out of this but I won't.

Just because someone is travelling with a D/D+ or suite guest but is staying in a JR or less should not give them special priveleges. It doesn't matter what the relationship is. If they don't have the right to the perk they shouldn't have the perk. That is so completely unfair to everyone else who has earned it.

I wish the concierges would do as they are suppose to do and turn away those who shouldn't be there.

I agree, believe it or not, some people are putting every one at their home address to get the diamond perks. I am talking people have put friends, neighbors & married children to get the perk!:rolleyes:

RCL started that by allowing people that "didn't" earn it to receive it by association. That is not fair at all to the people that have spent the $$ to cruise and have truly earned the perk.

That is not fair at all to the people that have spent the $$ to cruise and have truly earned the perk.

Agree, but just to add a little more fuel to the fire, what about my 'single' (only for the cruise) friend who has paid full price for herself and her 2 teenage sons to share a GS but loses out on taking advantage of the lounge in the evening unless she goes alone. Why shouldn't she take a friend with her in lieu of one of her sons - who remember have paid full price. ;)

I believe that immediate family members (such as children in a connecting cabin) should have normal access and privileges that they would have if they all stayed in one cabin (as long as the number does not exceed the suite capacity). It seems like you are being penalized for requiriing, and paying for, extra space.

I have a similar situation with my Mom. I travel with DH sometimes and at other times with her. I am Diamond, but she is not. We both pay 200% per cabin for our connecting staterooms because we llike to sleep in separate rooms. However, she is not allowed to go into the CL or DL with me. She would be able to go in with me if we stayed in one room (and couldn't sleep and paid less money). Does this make sense?

I realize that there are reasons for the rules to restrict the numbers to those that qualify, but if family members staying in the same room would qualify, shouldn't they still qualify even if you purchse extra space? The CL is a place where you like to go together. I am a bit shy and don't enjoy going alone. However, we follow the rules, it's just that I rarely get to enjoy this perk.

Dorie

Agree, but just to add a little more fuel to the fire, what about my 'single' (only for the cruise) friend who has paid full price for herself and her 2 teenage sons to share a GS but loses out on taking advantage of the lounge in the evening unless she goes alone. Why shouldn't she take a friend with her in lieu of one of her sons - who remember have paid full price. ;)

She doesn't lose out....the people in the lounge are very friendly, she should go in, introduce herself and have a good time. It is not just for couples and she doesn't have to hang out in the corner by herself:)

The lounge is a great place to meet people, go in and sit by some one and have fun;)

\

I have a similar situation with my Mom. I travel with DH sometimes and at other times with her. I am Diamond, but she is not. We both pay 200% per cabin for our connecting staterooms because we llike to sleep in separate rooms. However, she is not allowed to go into the CL or DL with me. She would be able to go in with me if we stayed in one room (and couldn't sleep and paid less money). Does this make sense?

Actually, if you were in the same room together, she would still not be "allowed" unless you get a full suite for yourself.

I think what it comes down to is, RCCL has set the rule at the lowest common denominator so that it can be more easily enforced. Are you a D/D+? Are you in a suite? Those are easy questions, as opposed to ... are you related to a person in a suite that you really could have stayed in, but didn't because you all like your privacy and thus are in the inside room next door?

Unfortunately the more this perk is abused the more likely it will eventually be taken away. Or at least severely restricted. I blame Royal for this. The perk should only be for Diamond/+ members and suite guests. How can they possibly justify extending this perk to family members of these folks who didn't earn it? Makes no sense to me. Royal should have changed this rule a long time ago. The lounges are overflowing to the point of being unusable at this point.

No, having a Jr. Suite does not allow you access into the lounge unless you are a Diamond or Diamond plus member.

This question keeps coming up, and your answer is correct with the exception of Freedom-class vessels, which have a lounge specifically dedicated to Diamond members. On these vessels, you will not have access to the concierge lounge unless you meet the accomodation requirement. This eliminated crowding in the CL since the PAX count on Freedom vessels is higher, and there are generally a large number of Diamonds in addition to the suite guests. The exception to this policy is holding VIP status...

I'm not sure I understand. If they teens are sharing the GS with her they are entitled to the same. Unless you're saying they are underage? If so, then they shouldn't be going into the cl.

I'm not sure I understand. If they teens are sharing the GS with her they are entitled to the same. Unless you're saying they are underage? If so, then they shouldn't be going into the cl.

Just to clarify - and this arises from a discussion I had with my friend and not from any desire to go to the lounge with her :) She has booked a GS for 3 people, 2 of whom happen to be teens. They are not entitled to the same - as they are not allowed to visit the lounge when alcohol is being served. Her question was when she's paid for 3 people in a GS (who if they were over 21 would be allowed in) why shouldn't she be able to take someone else with her instead of one of her kids who are not allowed in there.

I'm not aiming for a debate on the rights or wrongs of this - from what I've heard about the concierge lounge I'd rather be somewhere a little less crowded - champagne bar for me :rolleyes:

Just to clarify - and this arises from a discussion I had with my friend and not from any desire to go to the lounge with her :) She has booked a GS for 3 people, 2 of whom happen to be teens. They are not entitled to the same - as they are not allowed to visit the lounge when alcohol is being served. Her question was when she's paid for 3 people in a GS (who if they were over 21 would be allowed in) why shouldn't she be able to take someone else with her instead of one of her kids who are not allowed in there.

But her kids do still get to use it at least during the day like when they have continental breakfast in the morning.

I'm not aiming for a debate on the rights or wrongs of this - from what I've heard about the concierge lounge I'd rather be somewhere a little less crowded - champagne bar for me :rolleyes:

Thank you. Now I understand. But her kids are entitled to use the cl at all other times. Also, many people ask the same question - and the answer is always or should always be "no". That is an earned perk and if you arn't in the right situation (GS or higher, D/D+) there are really no circumstances under which they should be allowed to use the CL.

She isn't paying for the other person so she it is not costing her anything.

As a Diamond Plus member I can use the Concierge Lounge at any time BUT No Guests. You have to have a GS or higher and No Guests-especially Kids which are not Normally allowed in the Morning either. This is an Adult Priviledge and it should stay that way. You normally have to sign in the 1st night and you can Only get in with a Special Card.:)

This question keeps coming up, and your answer is correct with the exception of Freedom-class vessels, which have a lounge specifically dedicated to Diamond members. On these vessels, you will not have access to the concierge lounge unless you meet the accomodation requirement. This eliminated crowding in the CL since the PAX count on Freedom vessels is higher, and there are generally a large number of Diamonds in addition to the suite guests. The exception to this policy is holding VIP status...

what do you mean the exception is holding VIP status..we are all very important :) CL exceptions???? I know the C can make an exception no matter what your status or cabin :)

pass the popcorn please

As a Diamond Plus member I can use the Concierge Lounge at any time BUT No Guests. You have to have a GS or higher and No Guests-especially Kids which are not Normally allowed in the Morning either. This is an Adult Priviledge and it should stay that way. You normally have to sign in the 1st night and you can Only get in with a Special Card.:)

Children ARE allowed in during the day but must be accompanied by an adult. Its only when they're serving alcohol that children are not allowed in. :)

As BDL said.........children are allowed into the CL with an adult for breakfast in the mornings.......or any other part of the day.

I do not know which ship you are referring to............but we have never had to sign in when having CL privilege.........we just use the special key card.

As a D+ Member, there may be times when you will not have access to the CL unless you are staying in a GS cabin or above. Certain sailings that have many D/D+ pax on board may have to use the alternate venue that will be set up especially for them for continental breakfast in the mornings and cocktail hour between 5-8:30PM. Those having use of the CL on any sailing will be determined by the nice folks in Miami.

Archived