My Dilemma!

Sbilko

When we received our documents for our upcoming Panama Canal Cruise, DW noticed there were six, (6), luggage tags. Yesterday, she announced that five, (5), were for her,:eek: leaving only one, (1), for me!:eek:

She has suggested that I dress in layers, so I do not take up any space in her luggage! At this rate, we will pay more in “excess luggage fees” then we paid for our airfare…:eek:

At least she is having a good time;:p anticipation is a large part of a cruise.:D I now have two, (2), luggage tags assigned for my use.:rolleyes: Lucky that "Steamer Trunks" have gone out of fashion.

When we received our documents for our upcoming Panama Canal Cruise, DW noticed there were six, (6), luggage tags. Yesterday, she announced that five, (5), were for her,:eek: leaving only one, (1), for me!:eek:

She has suggested that I dress in layers, so I do not take up any space in her luggage! At this rate, we will pay more in “excess luggage fees” then we paid for our airfare…:eek:

At least she is having a good time; anticipation is a large part of a cruise. I now have two, (2), luggage tags assigned for my use.:rolleyes: Lucky that "Steamer Trunks" have gone out of fashion.

That is way too funny:D ! Glad someone else packs like I do.

Hi George..

There will be extra luggage tags available at the pier from the porters. You can have as many as you'd like, as long as you don't tell your DW.

Since you're in a hotel in San Diego pre-cruise, I'd suggest not putting the cruise tags on the bags until you head for the pier. Some wise people suggest putting name/address tags on the bags that have the info for the HOTEL ... that way if the bags fly elsewhere, they end up at your hotel. That is, if you're flying to Vancouver. If you're driving, just disregard everything in this paragraph ... lol.

See ya in three weeks!

Carol in SC

I don't think that steamer trunks went out of fashion....no one can afford to move them :D . Gentlemen I feel bad for you....except it is my dh who will need more luggage then I, so alas I find myself in the same shoes.

GEORGE,

You are lucky to have one suitcase all i have is a carry on bag.

JIM

How can you get bottles of gin, cartons of cigaretts, tuxes, in a carryon and still have room for anything to put on some lounge chairs to hold them all day:confused:

I think she's a terrific lady to be parting with ANY of the tags. Lucky you......you have a great DW. :D

As posted above, you can get all the tags you want when you arrive at the dock. Ask the stevedores to them.

DW just informed me that I can put my shoes, which I am not wearing, in her “Shoe Suitcase”,:confused: got to love her. I think this has something to do with “Formal Attire” and “Running Shoes” which I will be wearing when embarking.:rolleyes: It is impossible to “layer” shoes!:eek:

My goodness what a generous wife .. I hope you plan to buy her a jewel trinket or two on the trip .. I am in awe of how generous she is !!!

Ps .. I am NOT letting my husband read this .. what if he wants to put his shoes in MY case .. sigh

But it also gives away one of my secrets....

Now you know why I cruise by myself -- so I can have all those luggage tags to myself! :cool:

And speaking of "layering," I just heard from a friend who took the same spectacular trip to Egypt I took earlier this year (but she went a few months later). She ended up buying a LOT of souvenirs and gifts, and in order to make her weight limit coming home, was forced to wear 3 layers of clothes to the airport when she flew home. Mind you, this is in 110 degree heat leaving Cairo!! :eek: Can you imagine!!

My goodness what a generous wife .. I hope you plan to buy her a jewel trinket or two on the trip .. I am in awe of how generous she is !!!

Kathy,

Of course I will buy her a Jewel Trinket or Two. Her birthstone is Emerald. :eek: When we get to Cartagena, she will be like a “kid in a candy store”. ;)

Archived